Flybe to compete with brussels airlines on UK routes?

Join this forum to discuss the latest news that happened in the world of commercial aviation.

Moderator: Latest news team

Charlie Roy

Flybe to compete with brussels airlines on UK routes?

Post by Charlie Roy »

New Flybe routes from Brussels:

Birmingham
Bristol
Newcastle

Will these be code shares?

Vinnie-Winnie

Post by Vinnie-Winnie »

Don't think both could compete on the Newcastle route! Rather thin route in terms of pax and yields!

We'll see!

Anyway good news! What aircrafts are they going to use on the routes? Dash 400's?

jet2uk

Post by jet2uk »

looks like flybe and brussels airlines are going to be codesharing... although flybe doesn't yet seel the brussels airlines flights, a glance at their timetables shows that the flights are at the same times as brussels airlines every time from bristol newcastle and birmingham, and from early september looks like the manchester flights will also all be codeshared, (although again they havn't started yet selling each other's flights. perhaps brussels airlines will also codeshare flybe's southampton services soon? and perhaps flybe brussels airlines' gatwick services?

what does everyone think will happen to the flybe-ba relationship from summer 2008? perhaps their codesharing will be dropped except for gatwick, where customers could connect through to ba's ling haul services? that would make sense

spotter1102

Post by spotter1102 »

When these 3 routes start ?

jet2uk

Post by jet2uk »

according to the flybe timetable should all kick off from september 3rd

Comet

Post by Comet »

Code sharing would be a pity. British passengers would like to see more affordable prices for flights to BRU than those currently offered by Spotty Tail - extortionate costs for Ryanair-type on board lack of service.

Flying on full service VLM is much cheaper than flying on "low cost" Spotty Tail.
Sabena and Sobelair - gone but never forgotten.
Louise

Vinnie-Winnie

Post by Vinnie-Winnie »

Comet wrote:
Flying on full service VLM is much cheaper than flying on "low cost" Spotty Tail.
Is it? I mean fair enough there might be instances where this indeed applies but generally surely this cannot be the case!

But yeah you are right spotty tail SN is definately not the cheapest around... Easyjet From Bru to somewhere in the UK anyone? :wink:

TWA

Post by TWA »

luchtvaartnieuws.nl anounces codesharing between the two companies on several destinations

luchtzak

Post by luchtzak »

Joint Brussels Airlines - Flybe press release

Flybe announces new codeshare agreement with Brussels Airlines

Brussels, 1st August 2007 – Flybe, Europe’s largest regional airline, today announces a new interline codeshare agreement with Belgian’s leading airline Brussels Airlines. Flights go on sale today for travel from 2nd September 2007 in a deal that gives Flybe passengers increased travel options to the Belgian capital from additional regional bases across the UK. Also Brussels Airlines clients will enjoy more travel flexibility on the Manchester-Brussels route thanks to this partnership.

The partnership will be of special interest to Flybe’s business passengers, giving them the added value of being able to book through travel agents and Flybe’s call centre, offering a choice of six daily flights instead of Flybe’s existing three from Manchester.

The codeshare adds a number of new Brussels Airlines operated services to Brussels to the Flybe route network, including Birmingham-Brussels (6 daily flights), Newcastle-Brussels (2 daily flights) and Bristol-Brussels (2 daily flights) offering passengers increased choice and flexibility when travelling to this key European city.

Flybe passengers and Brussels Airlines passengers will also be able to take advantage of a new Flybe-operated, twice daily service from Southampton to Brussels which starts on 28th October.

Mike Rutter, Chief Commercial Officer, Flybe comments: “Today’s codeshare announcement sees Flybe taking a significant step into the Belgian market. Our existing services to the capital are extremely popular with our business passengers in particular and the codeshare with Brussels Airlines is a great opportunity for us to respond to customer demand and provide travellers with even more regional departure points to Brussels.”

Erik Follet, Executive Vice President Network of Brussels Airlines, comments: «We welcome the Flybe passengers on our popular regional UK-Brussels routes. Thanks to this partnership we can offer the Brussels Airlines clients now up to six daily departures on the Manchester-Brussels route. With Southampton we add a fifth UK region to our Network. Just like Flybe, Brussels Airlines offers a punctual and value for money service that suits the demand of passengers travelling for business or leisure. We are really looking forward to this partnership.»

tolipanebas

Post by tolipanebas »

I wonder what is going to happen to the BA code shares on SN flights to BHX, MAN, NCL and BRS now that they are put in code share with flybe.

Also, interesting to note LGW/LHR is excluded from the agreement, suggesting there SN will keep the code share with BA.

OO-VEX

Post by OO-VEX »

tolipanebas wrote:I wonder what is going to happen to the BA code shares on SN flights to BHX, MAN, NCL and BRS now that they are put in code share with flybe.

Also, interesting to note LGW/LHR is excluded from the agreement, suggesting there SN will keep the code share with BA.
As Flybe took over BA Connect (their regional business) we should see this codeshare agreement as a BA replacement instead of choosing a competitor. As BA is focussing on their LHR and LGW hubs, I guess they will continue the BA/SN codeshares to those destinations.

OO-VEX

tolipanebas

Post by tolipanebas »

OO-VEX wrote:
tolipanebas wrote:I wonder what is going to happen to the BA code shares on SN flights to BHX, MAN, NCL and BRS now that they are put in code share with flybe.

As Flybe took over BA Connect (their regional business) we should see this codeshare agreement as a BA replacement instead of choosing a competitor. As BA is focussing on their LHR and LGW hubs, I guess they will continue the BA/SN codeshares to those destinations.

OO-VEX
I think so too indeed.

I don't know what the relation is between flyBE and BA, but it sure looks as if flyBE is BA's regional carrier (at least from an SN perspective) with the added benefit of having another route in the network: BRU-SOU.

In relation to the latter: isn't VLM operating that one? or at least haven't they? I know SOU has been one of those on-off routes, wonder if it will last this time....

sn26567

Post by sn26567 »

tolipanebas wrote:BRU-SOU.

In relation to the latter: isn't VLM operating that one? or at least haven't they? I know SOU has been one of those on-off routes, wonder if it will last this time....
VLM was never successfull on that route (too large planes) and has been replaced by Eastern Airways.
André
ex Sabena #26567