emergency ebci

Join this forum to discuss the latest news that happened in the world of commercial aviation.

Moderator: Latest news team

TUB001

Post by TUB001 »

Being quite often in the air at CRL, I can guarantee you we sometimes hear some ULM's crossing the CTR (as long as they are transponder equipped, not too bad at the radio and if the ATC is in a good mood, all this without too much traffic, it is not impossible). I have seen some ULM's on the ground as well there!

And of course the rwy is in a perfect condition... I was just being sarcastic, Airbus330lover ;-)

JAF217, copied your message, next time you'll get a pretty hard landing with me... ever tried flying through the door before landing? :P :P Ahh.. how do I choose my friends!!! ;-)

jan_olieslagers

Post by jan_olieslagers »

TUB001 wrote:Being quite often in the air at CRL, I can guarantee you we sometimes hear some ULM's crossing the CTR (as long as they are transponder equipped, not too bad at the radio and if the ATC is in a good mood, all this without too much traffic, it is not impossible). I have seen some ULM's on the ground as well there!
Very strange. On the one hand you confirm my impression (ULM crossing the CTR visually is not impossible, chances depending on weather, traffic, transponder availability, controller's mood...) on the other hand you confirm seeing ULM's parked at EBCI so seeming to operate there quite officially* . I can only repeat my question: is it a rather common thing to get before take-off a clearance to fly an ULM into controlled airspace? If so, how does one manage?

*though some colleagues told me that in that area, much may become officially approved, or at least tolerated, if one has the required** connections

** jeezz! almost wrote "the right connections", obviously wrong...

TUB001

Post by TUB001 »

Yep indeed I once called the tower to make a full stop there with an ULM (was xpdr equipped and all that stuff) but no chance that day... they suggested us to get an official permission from the BCAA (which is apparently possible, but also not free, I guess!!!). Never done that anyway...

Surprisingly at EBLG it happens quite often too, without too many complications! Anyway, the traffic is much much busier at CRL than at LGG. I guess it plays a role too!

FLY4HOURS.BE

Post by FLY4HOURS.BE »

Ryanair's, BlueAir's and Wizzair's always exit at S2 when landing on 25 and at S4 when landing 07.

Reasons for this?
2 mainly:
-Short taxi times to the stands
-If any departing light aircraft are waiting or taxiing towards S5 for 25 or S1 for 07, the arriving aircraft and the departing aircraft will not be able to cross eachother there seen the tight taxiways.

If landing on 07 I can believe you experienced a hard landing, the runway is shorter because of the displaced threshold and there is no ILS, plus you exit at S4.
25 should be allright, I d rather have the pilots breaking too much rather than to find myself ringing the bells in that church in Gosselies on a rainy day.
I've never heard a single ULM at EBCI but never mind.
Last edited by FLY4HOURS.BE on 19 Jul 2007, 00:23, edited 1 time in total.
Fly4hours, making the path to airline pilot affordable to all

TUB001

Post by TUB001 »

FLY4HOURS.BE wrote:Ryanair's, BlueAir's and Wizzair's always exit at S2 when landing on 25 and at S4 when landing 07.
Sorry but wrong. Most of the time they make it to S1 and S5 (most of the time doesn't mean never).

FLY4HOURS.BE

Post by FLY4HOURS.BE »

Oh really.You are right about the S5 5I messed up) but I m sure about the S2. Ground always sends light aircraft to S1 when there is a jet coming in on the ILS 25 while the lights take off on 07...

pressman

Post by pressman »

Well ,as a vetern of over 1000 landings at CRL , I can assure you that most ryanair flights will exit at S2 on a normal day , i would say i have exited at S1 perhaps 20 times , landing on 07 is 99% off at S5 unless very light - empty

jaf217

Post by jaf217 »

FLY4HOURS.BE wrote:Oh really.You are right about the S5 5I messed up) but I m sure about the S2. Ground always sends light aircraft to S1 when there is a jet coming in on the ILS 25 while the lights take off on 07...
For 07 it is nearly always S5 not S4 it's way they but a back track gide on trshold of the 25 in case of obstruction of S5 :wink: . For RWY 25 it often S2 with a preference for S1 if there is no other aicraft behind.

For G/A for RWY 07 WE use manly S2 to be ablt to T/O before RYR,... and when RWY 25 is in use S4 when there is a RYR otherwise we simply use S5 and S1 as every one for safety not due to taxi width

FLY4HOURS.BE

Post by FLY4HOURS.BE »

Safety? Well with a Cessna-150 you can take-off and land 3 times on the length of the runway.
:D

My bad on the S4 for 07, it's late night dudes 8) But I've seen some taxiing out of S4 sometimes, I remember. They surely were empty.

I was always instructed to taxi to S1 for departure 07 when a Ryanair came in ILS 25.

It's time to put an ILS on the 07...

jaf217

Post by jaf217 »

FLY4HOURS.BE wrote:Safety? Well with a Cessna-150 you can take-off and land 3 times on the length of the runway.
:D

My bad on the S4 for 07, it's late night dudes 8) But I've seen some taxiing out of S4 sometimes, I remember. They surely were empty.

I was always instructed to taxi to S1 for departure 07 when a Ryanair came in ILS 25.

It's time to put an ILS on the 07...
Why for safety? if you take off from the end of the runway you will be at a suffisant high to come back on to the runways. If not many people from gosselies will not be happy as the is not so many place to land safely after an emergency expext the runway, and its always nicer to land 3 times than only one. isn't it?
and an ILS on 07 maybe later with the runway extension otherwise we will continue having fun with the VOR/DME. Maybe a 2NDB as before if they put the second ndb online again 8)

SFo

Post by SFo »

stefanel wrote: still the landings are always rough. Why ?
That's because the ILS is not 3c so you can't let the AP do it for you. :lol: Just joking, AP generally makes pretty rough touchdowns. :wink:

There is no real reason to have rougher landings in EBCI than anywhere else, except maybe the usual and strange 'footsteps' on short final of 25.