Fuel leak at Brussels Airport

Join this forum to discuss the latest news that happened in the world of commercial aviation.

Moderator: Latest news team

Outsync

Fuel leak at Brussels Airport

Post by Outsync »

When I was working today I saw alot of firetrucks standing around an ex-virgin coulden't see the reg. Appearantly as I went closer I was smelling alot of kerosine and to my big suprise there was a huge puddle surrounding the aircraft.

Anyone from the fire brigade with more info? thx :)

Cartman

Post by Cartman »

A vehicle from Flightcare hit the fueltruck during the fueling process. The connection valve between the truck and the fuel pit broke and about 3000 litres of fuel (that's what they told me) sprayed on the asphalt like a real expensive and dangerous fountain :)

I also heard there were no injuries or casualties whatsoever, except for the fueltruck and the other itself offcourse...
I'm in love with my lust, burning angelwings to dust, I wish I had your angel tonight...
www.myrre.be

SN30952

Post by SN30952 »

Quite a spill.
That would not have happened if the guy was on a bicycle.... :lol:

Have a look at Fuel systems here, Shut off fuel flow

carlcat

Post by carlcat »

I hope its not a trade union action for Maria find the bird :lol:

Novastar

Post by Novastar »

carlcat wrote:Maria find the bird :lol:
lol good one :jump2:

regi

Post by regi »

I hope that Maria doesn't disturb my departure next week Wednesday, or I will find that bird.
What's in a name...

Outsync

Post by Outsync »

regi wrote:I hope that Maria doesn't disturb my departure next week Wednesday, or I will find that bird.
What's in a name...
Yeah I part next tuesday, she better not!

Cartman

Post by Cartman »

*Sigh* Once again it becomes clear that people here have no idea about what's really going on at the airport. But I'm not going to start a new discussion about it since people call me 'mr. Wiseguy' whenever I do...
I'm in love with my lust, burning angelwings to dust, I wish I had your angel tonight...
www.myrre.be

Outsync

Post by Outsync »

Cartman wrote:*Sigh* Once again it becomes clear that people here have no idea about what's really going on at the airport. But I'm not going to start a new discussion about it since people call me 'mr. Wiseguy' whenever I do...
I know very well what's going on there sorry..?

Kapitein

Post by Kapitein »

Going :offtopic: = :locked: