Macquarie Airp. reverse roadshow: future Brussels Airport

Join this forum to discuss the latest news that happened in the world of commercial aviation.

Moderator: Latest news team

Atlantis

Macquarie Airp. reverse roadshow: future Brussels Airport

Post by Atlantis »

Last month, June, Macquarie Airport had their reverse roadshow. This time Brussels Airport and Copenhagen airport were in the picture.

Map was represented by Kerrie Mather, CEO Map
Brussels Airport was represented by Wilfried Van Assche, CEO Brussels Airport and Leon Verhallen.

I will give a small summary of the highlights.

Investments.

In a period of 5 years they are going to invest 300 million euro in Brussels Airport. This on top of the 50 million euro Brussels Airport receive every year.

Most important are: :arrow: LCC infrastructure: 10 million euro
:arrow: Car parking: 20 million euro
:arrow: Maintenance: 80 million euro
:arrow: Property development: 120 million euro
This for - Brucargo
- Gateway Project: this include the old airport terminal with all the offices. The whole facade and windows will be new. I have seen a picture of it and it will be just wonderful. Very modern.

Real estate development: Brussels Airport has the biggest land available for development: 1.395.000sqm.

New routes.

Focus on four ways: - Brussels Airlines and his partners
- Long haul
- Low cost
- Cargo

For the period 2008 - 2011 they have announced which new routes and airlines have to come to Brussels. This took away all the rumours and speculations. In this way we could also avoid topics like we have seen the last couple of weeks.

These are the routes and airlines who have to fly it:

Dubai: Emirates
Bangkok: China Airlines
Shanghai: Hainan Airlines
Singapore: Singapore Airlines
Tokyo: Jal - ANA: possibly one of those two
Boston: American Airlines
Dallas: American Airlines
Vancouver: Air Transat
Los Angeles: Jet Airways

Jet Airways is going to start in August and September with 2 routes. In February 2008 they will start with 3 routes.

This is in a nutshell the near future for Brussels Airlines.

Not bad.

TWA

Post by TWA »

1. So this means 4 daily AA B767's, could it be that they will open a cabincrewbase in BRU ?

2. What happened to the plans of Qatar Airways and Royal Jordanian?

3. This also means that SN will never use its own metal across the Atlantic, and will keep focussing on Africa instead.

teach

Post by teach »

1. So this means 4 daily AA B767's, could it be that they will open a cabincrewbase in BRU ?

3. This also means that SN will never use its own metal across the Atlantic, and will keep focussing on Africa instead.
FYI, this is just what Brussels Airport would like to see happen. Not necessarily what will happen. As for the possibility of more AA flights: if (and that's a bif IF) they happen, I expect at least one of them to be with a 757, not a 767.

Kapitein

Post by Kapitein »

TWA wrote:
Wich plans?

Atlantis

Post by Atlantis »

TWA wrote:1. So this means 4 daily AA B767's, could it be that they will open a cabincrewbase in BRU ?

To give an answer to point 1: Dallas will be served by a B757. If plans are go ahead like now. But in aviation you never know.

To give an answer to point 3: the fourth A330 will be deployed on the African market as we all know. They also mention on the reverse roadshow that Brussels Airlines is looking for a fifth one. But nobody knows when they will get it. So, they have mentioned, Map and Brussels Airport, that Brussels Airlines is focussing on Africa and North-America.
Who says that the two American future destinations will be served by American? It could be that one of them would get Brussels Airlines metal.
From the moment they have one, we will know more about destinations.

sn26567

Post by sn26567 »

Atlantis, what do you call a "reverse" road show?
André
ex Sabena #26567

spotter1102

Post by spotter1102 »

Brubiac wrote:
TWA wrote:
Wich plans?

The Emir of Qatar has revealed in November 2006 that Qatar Airways will launch a direct BRU-DOH route soon !

The Prince Philippe should sign the agreemet during the economic mission in Qatar and Bahrain in November 2007 !

Link to the topic where I found the info :

http://www.didier-reynders.be/agenda/ar ... 1-06_1.php

P.S. see my topic "Nouvelles missions économiques annoncées" in the "Français-Nederlands-Deutsch" section for the exact dates :wink:

Kapitein

Post by Kapitein »

Spotter1102,

I red your topic in the other forum even with the link about the economical mission of Prince Filip.
The only mission that I saw concerning aviation was the trip to India.

There is a difference between rumours and plans! And all that you mentioned are rumours for me that, in the near future maybe, can become reality. But it's still far from soon...

blackbox

Re: Macquarie Airp. reverse roadshow: future Brussels Airpor

Post by blackbox »

Atlantis wrote: - Gateway Project: this include the old airport terminal with all the offices. The whole facade and windows will be new. I have seen a picture of it and it will be just wonderful. Very modern.
FINALLY!!

When you arrive today by car or plane, some parts of the airport look like some eastern european airport in the 50's!

Are there any pictures (renderings) of this new facade online somewhere?

Atlantis

Post by Atlantis »

I was reading today an article in Trends with CEO Wilfried Van Assche.

More specific about the LCC. The are going to use a part of the old terminal only for LCC. They are going to rebuild it and make it bigger. End date: 2009.

teach

Post by teach »

The are going to use a part of the old terminal only for LCC. They are going to rebuild it and make it bigger.
Any idea what he meant with 'make it bigger'? Is he talking about the pier / gate area, or the check-in area?

Atlantis

Post by Atlantis »

teach wrote:
The are going to use a part of the old terminal only for LCC. They are going to rebuild it and make it bigger.
Any idea what he meant with 'make it bigger'? Is he talking about the pier / gate area, or the check-in area?
According to me its going about the check-in area. Because that part of the interview was about the old terminal.

Costs and reducing costs will be very important in that part of the building.

xelos

Post by xelos »

Atlantis wrote:Gateway Project: this include the old airport terminal with all the offices. The whole facade and windows will be new. I have seen a picture of it and it will be just wonderful. Very modern.
Can you show us some pictures how that building will look like in the future?
Thanks Xelos

Atlantis

Post by Atlantis »

xelos wrote:
Atlantis wrote:Gateway Project: this include the old airport terminal with all the offices. The whole facade and windows will be new. I have seen a picture of it and it will be just wonderful. Very modern.
Thanks Xelos
I have tried to post it here a few days ago, but it didn't worked. Sorry.

blackbox

Post by blackbox »

Atlantis wrote:
xelos wrote:
Thanks Xelos
I have tried to post it here a few days ago, but it didn't worked. Sorry.
If you have images on your pc, where did you get them from?

Flying-Belgian

Post by Flying-Belgian »

To give an answer to point 1: Dallas will be served by a B757. If plans are go ahead like now. But in aviation you never know.

I know the 757 are trendy on some new US-Europe routes but there's no way a 757 can fly DFW-BRU non-stop.
AA's 757 would com if BOS is ever opened.
DFW is definitely a 767 route...

FB.

spotter1102

Post by spotter1102 »

DannyVDB

Post by DannyVDB »

TWA wrote:
They only speak about the connection to new gateways. Doha is not in that list (only Abu Dhabi en Dubai in the ME). New SN potential destinations in Africa neither (only Nairobi and Johanesburg are named in the list of gateways)

For all the presentations of the roadshow, see:

http://www.macquarie.com.au/au/map/index.html

Danny