AA to start JFK-BRU-JFK as from May 2004 ?

Join this forum to discuss the latest news that happened in the world of commercial aviation.

Moderator: Latest news team

Sabena_690

Post by Sabena_690 »

As you say 99% sure, it's not decided yet. But it is very likely.

Is it true that the service will only be seasonally? I believe somebody told this to me but can't remember who anymore.

Regards
Frederic
Brussels Airlines - Flying Your Way

sn26567

Post by sn26567 »

The missing link!

Finally SN gets back to NYC, the prime US destination. I guess this will go along with several connecting flights from JFK to cities on the East coast.

Thanks for this very important news, demol.
André
ex Sabena #26567

Avro

Post by Avro »

This will certainly increase the number of transit pax for SNBA and make them more famous in the USA. It's a very good news.
I hope they will succeed :P

Ciao
Chris
8)

ATC

Post by ATC »

This is very good news.
The New-York connection is very important for SN.

" Lets crose our fingers "

greetz,
ATC

NicoD

Post by NicoD »

But... maybe this is a naive remark, but... does somebody knows why this so called 'important' destination didn't work forVG/Delsey :? Only a question, but off course, hopefully SNBA will succeed on this route. What will the allotment be (how many AA-how many SN pax)?

regards
Nico

sn26567

Post by sn26567 »

NicoD wrote:But... maybe this is a naive remark, but... does somebody knows why this so called 'important' destination didn't work for VG/Delsey ?
NYC is the most important destination in the US. It is maybe not its largest airport in term of number of pax (O'Hare ORD and Atlanta are bigger than JFK), but it is its largest city. When an airline flies to only one city in the US, it is NYC (JFK or EWR).

Delsey did not succeed because they were not on booking engines, did not have any feeder routes or any agreements with other airlines.
André
ex Sabena #26567

Sabena_690

Post by Sabena_690 »

Exactly, André!

Business Class loads on DL and CO are very good these days, and when the front is full, the number of people in the back (cattle class) isn't that important anymore.

AA wants a piece of this cake. Currently, a lot of people are flying to Africa starting their flight in ORD, and a lot of them fly C! I think that AA and SN hope that a JFK-BRU flight can attract a lot of (especially) C-class passengers who continue their travel on the SN network!

Regards
Frederic
Brussels Airlines - Flying Your Way

TWA

Post by TWA »

I wish it was a OO-... passengerjet, that would be serving JKF or EWR out of Brussels.
This would be a real confirmation of Belgian presence in the States again.
TWA :jumpy: