Air Wales links Brussels with Cardiff !!!

Join this forum to discuss the latest news that happened in the world of commercial aviation.

Moderator: Latest news team

Allnipponairways

Post by Allnipponairways »

very nice , so we can fly to wales , ...lol ...what is there to see or to do ....
greets ]

flying cobra
japan

Sabena_690

Post by Sabena_690 »

CWL: the BA maintenance facilities + some old BA B747's!

Nice news...

Regards
Frederic
Brussels Airlines - Flying Your Way

sn26567

Post by sn26567 »

Good to see Brussels coming back on the map of more and more airlines.

ANA, Wales is a great place for tourism:

For lovers of nature or the great outdoors this is a paradise on earth. But if culture and history are your passion then you are equally well catered for.

Wales is full of castles & museums. More than 400 castles and ancient monuments...

Hot air ballooning over Swansea Bay or horseriding through the surf...

Natural beauty to experience up close and remember for a lifetime...

(source: Wales tourism office)
André
ex Sabena #26567

Comet

Post by Comet »

Scotland is the more stunning area of the UK than Wales (I'm biased because of my roots!!)

In Scotland there are the Highlands (wonderful), Hebrides (stunning islands), Edinburgh (good for culture), a gorgeous coastline and also brilliant horse riding for enthusiasts of the Iceland horse (like me).

Sadly, Edinburgh and Glasgow airports are no longer served by any Belgian airlines since the loss of Sabena (who served both airports).
Sabena and Sobelair - gone but never forgotten.
Louise

EBAW_flyer

Post by EBAW_flyer »

You can fly to Glasgow from here. 45 euros with Ryanair.

Avro

Post by Avro »

That's indeed a very good news. It really seems that BRU becomes an atractive destination again.

We only need links to Asia and then everything will be perfect :lol:

Ciao
Chris
8)

Comet

Post by Comet »

EBAW_flyer wrote:You can fly to Glasgow from here. 45 euros with Ryanair.
I'm on about proper airlines, not rubbish.
Louise

sn26567

Post by sn26567 »

EBAW_flyer wrote:You can fly to Glasgow from here with Ryanair.
... and to Edinburgh with bmi
André
ex Sabena #26567

Comet

Post by Comet »

That's not very good though, is it???

At one time you could fly to Glasgow and Edinburgh with Sabena, and it's a pity that SNBA never took on those routes, or even VLM.

Better than the airlines already mentioned (I wouldn't even mention Ryanair in the same paragraph as VLM or SNBA!!)
Louise

EBAW_flyer

Post by EBAW_flyer »

I'm on about proper airlines, not rubbish.
You can get there, right? :lol:
If they are rubbish, why don't they all crash down?
Every airline has its policies and visions on passenger comfort.

Comet

Post by Comet »

I would rather do without than go with Ryanair.

Why do you think I paid extra to fly from London City with VLM instead of Ryanair from Liverpool, British Midland from Leeds or British Airways from Manchester?????

It's called a principle. Next year I'm paying more to fly with SNBA from Manchester rather than go with Ryanair from Liverpool. And if I couldn't have had SNBA from MAN I would have had VLM from London City and no one else!!!!!

On the subject of UK tourism, why not fly SNBA to Manchester and visit the Lake District (very nice) and the Yorkshire Dales (also very nice). Knaresborough is a truly beautiful town, the nicest one in Yorkshire - along with York and Harrogate. Whitby is also full of history (Captain Cook and the Endeavour).
Louise

OO-SBZ

Post by OO-SBZ »

Comet wrote:I'm on about proper airlines, not rubbish.
8O Comet 8O

Even if you do not appreciate Ryanair and the others no-frills carriers, there is no point in calling them rubbish...

8) You don't like them... well, don't fly them... but do not use such words.

Imagine a forum-member who does not like VLM... and calls VLM rubbish. How would you react? :wink:

BeN :idea:

B737229

Post by B737229 »

I must agree that Wales (or Cymru) is a great place for holiday, especially for the nature loving people!
Dont expect to understand the local language, because there is no link with english... It is a very special language, that is the least one can say!

On the other hand it is nice to see BRU being attracted again by a lot of regional carriers, from the whole of Europe!

One day it may result in long haul carriers returning to BRU again, also being attracted by the wide offer of connections from and to BRU

Lets's hope...

Comet

Post by Comet »

OO-SBZ wrote:
Comet wrote:I'm on about proper airlines, not rubbish.
8O Comet 8O

Even if you do not appreciate Ryanair and the others no-frills carriers, there is no point in calling them rubbish...

8) You don't like them... well, don't fly them... but do not use such words.

Imagine a forum-member who does not like VLM... and calls VLM rubbish. How would you react? :wink:

BeN :idea:
Good point Ben, but I couldn't imagine anyone calling VLM rubbish, I just don't like the whole thing with Ryanair - the airports they use, the way they board the passengers, I just can't take to the whole concept, I prefer the full service, seat-allocated-at-check-in carriers, that's all.
Louise

Sabena_690

Post by Sabena_690 »

This goes about Air Wales... not FR or VLM.

Please continue the discussion with messages related to the topic.

Frederic
Brussels Airlines - Flying Your Way

Comet

Post by Comet »

As I said in a news submission last week, Air Wales have announced that their first destination on the Continent will be Amsterdam, and they expect that to be successful.

The only other non-British city they serve is Dublin.
Louise

Comet

Post by Comet »

Since I wrote that last post on the Air Wales subject, I have submitted as a news item that they are increasing flights from Liverpool Airport - serving Cardiff and Newcastle and Plymouth via Newcastle.

This is a little airline which is starting to do well, they have served London City for several months, and it is nice to see a smaller airline making a success of things (and LCY offers more opportunities to these kinds of carriers) and I say good luck to them!
Louise

meerkat

Post by meerkat »

Slightly :offtopic: as you will probably fly ove Wales on departure from Liverpool.

@Comet

I know yhat you have strong priciples about the LCC's( particularly the Irish one) but you could visit Belgium 4 or 5 times per year for tha same sort of money you are committed to with the majors. As far as I'm concerned if I travel on Business I go with a name but my leisure flying hits my pocket direct so I look for a deal which benefits me - currently Ryanair from Charleroi. In 1980 and 81 I flew with Laker Airways who were pobably too early into the market place, nut were definately Low cost- Low frills. Now they are held up as pioneers but at the time were pilloried for their innovation. Perhaps history will be as kind to the "Ryanairs" of this world.

WALES

My ex wife lives in Wales (North) and I used to spend holidays there many years ago but even so I find a visit to Wales OK - fresh air, good walks, some great beaches and fantastic sea and mountain views. Wales boasts the longest place name in UK (probably Europe) which is-:

"Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch" and translates to-

'St Mary's church in the hollow of the white hazel near a rapid whirlpool and the church of St Tysilio of the red cave'.

This village is on the island of Anglesey off the NW coast of Wales and has a railway station with a rather long name board.

Of interest to aviators Anglesey has 2 airfields - Mona with light aircraft and RAF Valley where you will find lots of BAe Hawks and Sea Kings. Also just in Wales (1 or 2 kms across the English border) is Hawarden(Chester) which is a BAe manufacturing facility where the 125 was built before Raytheon took production to Wichita and Airbus wings are built. Not far down the M56 the giant jetport at Manchester is located - well worth a visit.

Meerkat

Comet

Post by Comet »

Meerkat - I know what you're saying about the cost of FR, but for me I like the full service carriers. For me flying is a twice a year experience (literally next year!) and so I want it to be as special as possible. For those who fly alot it probably doesn't matter as much, but when you don't get the opportunity enough you like to make the best of it while it's there.

I'm not as familiar with the west of England, only for Manchester and the airport, but I remember flying over Anglesey when I flew from manchester to Dublin, and I had a superb view of Liverpool airport and the EasyJet aircraft below as we were climbing away from Manchester.

Maybe someone could post an "aviation themed" tour guide in City Guide, that forum needs all the support it can get, and it would be nice to see others contributing articles instead of nearly all the threads being started by yours truly!!
Louise