Oasis expansion

Join this forum to discuss the latest news that happened in the world of commercial aviation.

Moderator: Latest news team

CXRules

Oasis expansion

Post by CXRules »

Now, flying between Hong Kong and London daily and starting on June 28, 6 weekly flight between Hong Kong and Vancouver.

What's next??? Oakland? Berlin? http://www.oasishongkong.com/hk/en/aboutus/plans.aspx

http://www.oasishongkong.com/

Cesare

Post by Cesare »

I hope the next will be Berlin or Milan

Actually Milan and Berlin have no direct flight to Hong Kong

SN30952

Post by SN30952 »

Cesare wrote:I hope the next will be Berlin or Milan

My guess is still CGN.

CXRules

Post by CXRules »

Looks like Oakland is next. They may fly B777 in the future.

http://www.flightglobal.com/articles/20 ... rvice.html

SN30952

Post by SN30952 »

CX

Post by CX »

Are there second hand 777s out there?

keen_watcher

Post by keen_watcher »

it is rumured from another forum (Pprune) that Qasis secured another 4 ex. SQ B744 recently.... no news on 777 heard...

CXRules

Post by CXRules »

Oasis Hong Kong Airlines intends to grow its fleet from five to 15 aircraft by 2009, and it is targeting further growth to between 20 and 25 aircraft by 2010-11.

http://www.flightglobal.com/articles/20 ... -kong.html

Mercutio

Post by Mercutio »

Oasis have gone from 7 weekly flights to London (ie one per day) to 10 per week. This expansions takes the grand total of flights from all airlines on the London/Hong Kong route to 80 per week in each direction. That makes Hong Kong the third busiest longhaul destination from London after New York and Dubai and narrowly beating Chicago which has 77 per week or 11 per day.

spotter1102

Post by spotter1102 »

And Brussels not too.

I hope that the CEO of the carrier was one of the guests that met the Prince Philippe during the day spent in Hong Kong during the economic mission :wink:

CXRules

Post by CXRules »

Oasis Airlines said it has sold a stake to a local asset management firm for US$30 million, with the funds to be used to buy aircraft and expand routes.

http://www.taiwannews.com.tw/etn/news_c ... ness_WORLD

Vinnie-Winnie

Post by Vinnie-Winnie »

spotter1102 wrote:

And Brussels not too.

I hope that the CEO of the carrier was one of the guests that met the Prince Philippe during the day spent in Hong Kong during the economic mission :wink:
do you have a bit of business sense? Seriously Oasis is flying where they can pack their planes 365 days a week with budget minded people! do you think Brussels can provide that? I don't think so otherwise Easyjet would have a established a base in BRU a loooooooooong time ago!

AVION1

Post by AVION1 »

Oasis secures extra funding
Friday, October 05 2007 @ 11:20 AM GMT
Email Story | Print Story

Oasis Hong Kong Airlines (Oasis) announced today that it has secured a US$30 million investment from the Funds' under management of Value Partners Limited and its affiliates. The funds will be used for aircraft acquisition and the expansion of Oasis' route network.

Commenting on the investment, Dr. Raymond Lee, Chairman of Oasis said: "We are very pleased to join hands with the Funds' under management of Value Partners Limited and its affiliates as our new strategic investor. Value Partners represents the ideal investment partner because of their highly successful track record in the region. We are confident that Value Partners will bring significant value to Oasis as we embark on the next phase of expansion.
"Our agreement enables Oasis to further strengthen Hong Kong's leading position as an international hub, while tapping the enormous growth in the Chinese market."

At present Oasis flies direct from Hong Kong, to Londonand Vancouver. The Hong Kong SAR Government has already granted Oasis licenses to the following cities which include San Francisco, Chicago, Cologne, Berlin, Milanand Sydney.

Oasis currently operates three Boeing 747-400s with another one due by the end of the year, and a fifth aircraft in early 2008. The investment by Value Partners will assist the airline in realising its plan to operate 14 Boeing 747 aircraft over a proposed 8 routes by 2011.

Value Partners Limited is an asset management firm that consistently uses disciplined value investing in the Asia Pacific region, with a focus on the Greater China area. Under the leadership of Mr Cheah Cheng Hye, the company's co-founder, Chairman and Chief Investment Officer, the Group has established one of the most successful investment management teams in the Greater China region, focusing its resources on performance delivery, not just the accumulation of assets.

Referring to the investment, Mr Cheah said: "The vision of Oasis for high quality, affordable long-haul travel has proven very successful and the projections for the continued growth in air travel, particularly in Asia, mean we are very optimistic about the future development of Oasis. Access to deals with this much potential are few and far between."

Both companies are buoyant about the future as Oasis is already on track to meet its initial three year turnover forecasts and as it aims for an IPO.