Ryanair: 8 new route from Dusseldorf Weeze (NRN)

Join this forum to discuss the latest news that happened in the world of commercial aviation.

Moderator: Latest news team

Cesare

Ryanair: 8 new route from Dusseldorf Weeze (NRN)

Post by Cesare »

Thursday Ryanair press conference in Weeze, MOL will be present to make a "big annunce".

German press report about a possible double of plane based at NRN from 2 to 4...

Any rumors about new possible route from Weeze?
Last edited by Cesare on 10 May 2007, 20:00, edited 2 times in total.

euroflyer

Post by euroflyer »

Didn't they plan to have 'a big announcement' at Weeze already some weeks ago?

To be honest I am absolutely fed up with MoL jetting from one Airport to the next and making 'big announcements' :twisted: :twisted:

If each airline which discontinue one or two routes, opens two new ones and therefore moves one or two a/c from one base to another would make big announcements like this there would be some each and every day.

It is all just f...ing marketing to bring FR in the news again and make everybody thinking of them being THE LCC in Europe :roll:

So lets see which important news we will learn from MoL this time ...
Star Alliance Gold / LH Senator
A300 A318 A319 A320 A321 A340 B737 B747 B757 B767 MD81 MD82 MD90 Tu134 IL18 BAe146 RJ85 RJ100 CRJ200 CRJ700 CRJ900 ERJ145 E170 E195 F50 F70 F100 ATR42 ATR72 Q300 Q400
http://my.flightmemory.com/euroflyer

Cesare

Post by Cesare »

euroflyer wrote: If each airline which discontinue one or two routes, opens two new ones and therefore moves one or two a/c from one base to another would make big announcements like this there would be some each and every day.
Probably will be new plane based in NRN and not move from others base...

Today marketing is the engine of business... :wink:

Buzz

Post by Buzz »

euroflyer wrote:It is all just f...ing marketing to bring FR in the news again and make everybody thinking of them being THE LCC in Europe :roll:
Indeed it is! But you have to remember, FR will be flying close to 50 million pax this year, so the actually are THE LCC in Europe...

fcw

Post by fcw »

euroflyer wrote:Didn't they plan to have 'a big announcement' at Weeze already some weeks ago?

To be honest I am absolutely fed up with MoL jetting from one Airport to the next and making 'big announcements' :twisted: :twisted:

If each airline which discontinue one or two routes, opens two new ones and therefore moves one or two a/c from one base to another would make big announcements like this there would be some each and every day.

It is all just f...ing marketing to bring FR in the news again and make everybody thinking of them being THE LCC in Europe :roll:

So lets see which important news we will learn from MoL this time ...
Do you realise you are talking about one of the biggest, most successfull and fastest growing airlines in Europe? They add two planes every month to their fleet.
A particular style indeed, but a lot of managers can learn from this man and his team.

airazurxtror

Post by airazurxtror »

euroflyer wrote:
To be honest I am absolutely fed up with MoL jetting from one Airport to the next and making 'big announcements'
The announcements made by Brussels airlines CEO would be much more eventful : about strikes, about not buying new planes, about AOG, about big losses on the European net, and so on ...

euroflyer

Post by euroflyer »

fcw wrote: Do you realise you are talking about one of the biggest, most successfull and fastest growing airlines in Europe? They add two planes every month to their fleet.
A particular style indeed, but a lot of managers can learn from this man and his team.
Oh yes I realise this. And do not get me wrong: Nothing against FR and the people working their. I just do not like their way of marketing and the reactions it gets in forums and other places. A lot of people are getting absolutely excited every time MoL announces one or two new routes, which I just think is not that much of 'real BIG news'. But maybe this is just me... :lol:

And regarding being THE LCC, well, just again my personal experience (and maybe their business model just do not work with me :D ), I have tried several times now to fly with them, but each time I checked timetables and prices I was totally disappointed. Lufthansa, Aer Lingus or bru.air always had much :!: cheaper and more convenient options to offer. Therefore my feeling: FR's business model is to make people think they are cheap, but in reality, they are not. But as I said, just my experience
A300 A318 A319 A320 A321 A340 B737 B747 B757 B767 MD81 MD82 MD90 Tu134 IL18 BAe146 RJ85 RJ100 CRJ200 CRJ700 CRJ900 ERJ145 E170 E195 F50 F70 F100 ATR42 ATR72 Q300 Q400

airazurxtror

Post by airazurxtror »

euroflyer wrote:
And regarding being THE LCC, well, just again my personal experience (and maybe their business model just do not work with me :D ), I have tried several times now to fly with them, but each time I checked timetables and prices I was totally disappointed. Lufthansa, Aer Lingus or bru.air always had much :!: cheaper and more convenient options to offer.
But as I said, just my experience
Allow me to dissent : for example, I often fly CRL-CIA-CRL for 40-50 euros, against at least 100 euros for SN and 120 euros at the very least with AZ (for a BRU-FCO-BRU). Same for BGY or LIN.

Toaster

Post by Toaster »

Allow me to dissent
Me too. Ryanair not cheap? The absolute most I ever paid with them was 70 EUR all included both ways, to DUB. Yeah for that one I'll probably try Aer Lingus in the future (and Vueling for Barcelona), but all my other flights (about 15) were 35-55 EUR, again all taxes, fees & other $h!t included. Timing is the key. I'll agree though that if your schedule is not flexible or if you can only fly on weekends, you're possibly better off looking elsewhere.

Toaster

euroflyer

Post by euroflyer »

Toaster wrote:
Allow me to dissent
I'll agree though that if your schedule is not flexible or if you can only fly on weekends, you're possibly better off looking elsewhere.

Toaster
Than we do not disagree :lol:

I am not in the position to follow their (FR's) schedule and pricing policy. If I need a flight (either for business or private) I am defining when and where I would like to go and than I look for the best option. I than consider time of flights, full costs, distance of airports to places I am leaving from and going to etcetera. Having done that quite often now I found out FR was never the cheapest or lets say best option for me. But I can imagine that the result might be different if you are very flexible on dates and timing.

Just my last example: I searched in December a flight from Frankfurt to anywhere in Ireland and return one week later to Frankfurt (departure and return on a Saturday). The "cheapest" :oops: option I could find at FR (to Dublin) was above 300 Euro per person for both flights and the flights were leaving from Frankfurt Hahn (HHN) at very unpleasant times. After checking EI and LH I found both were offering flights on the very same day for less than 200 Euro return all included per person and they were leaving from FRA at 'normal' times and both gave the choice of several different flgihts on these days.

stefanel

Post by stefanel »

euroflyer wrote:
fcw wrote: Do you realise you are talking about one of the biggest, most successfull and fastest growing airlines in Europe? They add two planes every month to their fleet.
Oh yes I realise this. And do not get me wrong: Nothing against FR and the people working their. I just do not like their way of marketing and the reactions it gets in forums and other places. A lot of people are getting absolutely excited every time MoL announces one or two new routes, which I just think is not that much of 'real BIG news'. But maybe this is just me... :lol:

And regarding being THE LCC, well, just again my personal experience (and maybe their business model just do not work with me :D ), I have tried several times now to fly with them, but each time I checked timetables and prices I was totally disappointed. Lufthansa, Aer Lingus or bru.air always had much :!: cheaper and more convenient options to offer. Therefore my feeling: FR's business model is to make people think they are cheap, but in reality, they are not. But as I said, just my experience
I flew 30 times with FR at least, only on weekends, and paid every time btn 2 cents and 70€ (and 70€ was once, most of time I paid 30€). You just have to know when to book, often a long time ahead. Last minute can be very expensive with FR although once I missed my HLX flight to Valencia and bought a ticket for the next day CRL-Girona that only cost me 20€ !
That said, I have to admit that their prices have risen A LOT lately, thus I haven't booked a flight with them for months (but have still flown FR as I had booked a long time ago).

vueling

Post by vueling »

Things that I noticed with FR:

- Booking too much in advance might not be optimal. When I booked a flight six month in advance at a reasonable price, often i see a lower price afterwards when I recheck for a quote.

- Their cheapest fares can be found on route where there is a high frequency. Routes that are not daily can be very expensive. Check the DUB-STN route, you will find very attractive price, even if you book one week before.

- They have promotion period where they lower the price and the taxes. These period can be very advantagous. For example, I booked these flights :

BRU-DUB-BRU : 20eur all taxes incl.
DUB-EDI-DUB : 20eur all taxes incl.

Charlie Roy

Post by Charlie Roy »

Getting back on topic (!!!!!), here are the new routes from Weeze:

* Fuerteventura
* Malaga
* Marrakesh
* Milano Bergamo
* Seville
* Trapani
* Valencia
* Växjö (New Ryanair destination in Southern Sweden!)

Cesare

Post by Cesare »

As I've annunced will be based two more plane at NRN, from 2 to 4.

Now NRN is the second Ryanair base in Germany after HHN (9 plane based) and BRE (3 plane based).

Cesare

Post by Cesare »

Charlie Roy wrote:Getting back on topic (!!!!!), here are the new routes from Weeze:
Here are the frequency:

Fuerteventura 4x week
Malaga 4x week
Marrakech 3x week
Milan BGY Daily
Seville 3x week
Trapani (Sicily) 3x week
Valencia 4x week
Vaxjo (Sweden) 4x week

Cesare

Post by Cesare »

NRN is a "leisure" base: from 18 total routes there are 7 to Spain and 5 to Italy...

euroflyer

Post by euroflyer »

Cesare wrote:NRN is a "leisure" base: from 18 total routes there are 7 to Spain and 5 to Italy...
Which might mean ... at least some routes could be discontinued in the autumn and be restarted in May 2008 with another big announcement of new routes by MoL :roll: But for him and FR it seems to work, have to admit that :evil: