Troubles at Brussels Airlines? Solved!!! Part III

Join this forum to discuss the latest news that happened in the world of commercial aviation.

Moderator: Latest news team

blackhawk

Troubles at Brussels Airlines? Solved!!! Part III

Post by blackhawk »

Have your say.
Last edited by blackhawk on 10 May 2007, 22:32, edited 1 time in total.

FlyA330

Post by FlyA330 »

See Part II.
The Flight Data Monitoring Programme is since 1 january 2005 obligatory for every commercial aircraft in excess of 27'000 kgs (JAR-OPS 1.037)

This means Bru.Air has it also like any other airline.

euroflyer

Post by euroflyer »

OK, coming back to the "trouble" at bru.air. Anybody here who can predict what are the chances of disruption to normal operations next Tuesday (8 May)?

I am booked on BRU-THF-BRU on that day and if there is a risk of strike or other delays, I will change that to BRU-TXL-BRU with LH.

Thanks!
Star Alliance Gold / LH Senator
A300 A318 A319 A320 A321 A340 B737 B747 B757 B767 MD81 MD82 MD90 Tu134 IL18 BAe146 RJ85 RJ100 CRJ200 CRJ700 CRJ900 ERJ145 E170 E195 F50 F70 F100 ATR42 ATR72 Q300 Q400
http://my.flightmemory.com/euroflyer

ttubbie

Post by ttubbie »

euroflyer wrote:OK, coming back to the "trouble" at bru.air. Anybody here who can predict what are the chances of disruption to normal operations next Tuesday (8 May)?

I am booked on BRU-THF-BRU on that day and if there is a risk of strike or other delays, I will change that to BRU-TXL-BRU with LH.

Thanks!
I have asked the same question to Brussels Airlines. After 2 complaints from my side that I did not get any reply, the press service answered and apologized. They told me they are asking themselves the same questions as I was (I have a flight booked on BruAir next weekend). No further reaction to my next mail asking them if they could guarantee that I would catch my connecting flight in London.

I made a wise decision : I booked my party of 5 on the Eurotunnel, just to avoid being stuck at Brussels this weekend and making it possible to catch my connecting flight in London.

Brussels Airlines has a future : a horrible one !

An ex BruAir-client. :twisted: :evil: :twisted: :twisted: :evil: :twisted: :evil: :evil: :twisted:

fcw

Post by fcw »

ttubbie wrote: II made a wise decision : I booked my party of 5 on the Eurotunnel, just to avoid being stuck at Brussels this weekend and making it possible to catch my connecting flight in London.

You are lucky things are solved differently in the UK:
http://www.uk-airport-news.info/gatwick ... 280407.htm

TWA

Post by TWA »

ttubbie wrote:I have asked the same question to Brussels Airlines. After 2 complaints from my side that I did not get any reply, the press service answered and apologized. They told me they are asking themselves the same questions as I was (I have a flight booked on BruAir next weekend). No further reaction to my next mail asking them if they could guarantee that I would catch my connecting flight in London.

I made a wise decision : I booked my party of 5 on the Eurotunnel, just to avoid being stuck at Brussels this weekend and making it possible to catch my connecting flight in London.

An ex BruAir-client. :twisted: :evil: :twisted: :twisted: :evil: :twisted: :evil: :evil: :twisted:
All flights with SN to LHR are operated by BA and there is also BMI .
So suppose there would be a strike, SN would have put you on an earlier BA or BD flight to LHR, followed by a bus to LGW (if that is the airport you are transferring).

I would have waited, it's SN's job to find a solution, not yours. You must have spent almost a 1000 euro for 5 Eurostar tickets one way.

FLY4HOURS.BE

Post by FLY4HOURS.BE »

Flights seem to be departing ok.
No strikes for today it seems.
Fly4hours, making the path to airline pilot affordable to all

LX-LGX

Post by LX-LGX »

According to the 19h news on VRT (the Flemish State television), 80% of the pilots have rejected the new business plan. A strike thus is forthcoming. Not because it will solve the problem, but because the unions have announced they will go on strike if the pilots disagree with the new business plan.

So the most important question remains: will the pilots announce their strike well in advance, or will they use passengers and tourists as hostage to get their salary increase?

Is there perhaps one of those 80 % pilots who still has enough respect for those who are paying his salary, to tell us if the extended weekend will be Fri-Sat-Sun, or Sat-Sun-Mon?

fcw

Post by fcw »

LX-LGX wrote: Is there perhaps one of those 80 % pilots who still has enough respect for those who are paying his salary, to tell us if the extended weekend will be Fri-Sat-Sun, or Sat-Sun-Mon?
Out of respect for those who are paying the salaries, weekends are normal working days for pilots, without any compensation! So a prolonged WE de facto does not exist

LX-LGX

Post by LX-LGX »

fcw wrote:
LX-LGX wrote: Is there perhaps one of those 80 % pilots who still has enough respect for those who are paying his salary, to tell us if the extended weekend will be Fri-Sat-Sun, or Sat-Sun-Mon?
Out of respect for those who are paying the salaries, weekends are normal working days for pilots, without any compensation! So a prolonged WE de facto does not exist
There are less flights during the weekend, so not all pilots work every Saturday and every Sunday. But I'm sure you understood the message: what's going to be your strike day: Friday or Monday?

More important is that you refuse to to answer the main question: will you advise passengers, or will you not?

fcw

Post by fcw »

With an honest, not generous, just honest proposal from the management, there will be no strike at all.

LX-LGX

Post by LX-LGX »

fcw wrote:With an honest, not generous, just honest proposal from the management, there will be no strike at all.
Suppose management wil not make that honest, generous salary increase.

Will you then advise passengers when exactly (= date and time) your strike starts?

TCAS_climb

Post by TCAS_climb »

Human perception is guided by expectations and intentions.

How objective can a judgement be if it is being formulated by somebody who is directly concerned by the negociations ? Get at least an external point of view before deciding what's honest or not. And if it's indeed not honest and obvious, then it should be easy to prove your point and get what you deserve. If you can't manage that, either you don't have the right arguments, or you don't have the right negociator. Or both.

Although I'm slowly and painfully getting used to it, it's still amazing to see so many people who actually believe that screwing up their work, ruining somebody else's projects and blaming the others is an honest method to improve their life.

FlightMate

Post by FlightMate »

I'd say "honest" would be at least no salary cut...
"Generous" would be to get the same salary as 6 years ago (but nobody really count on it)

kiwiandrew

Post by kiwiandrew »

FlightMate wrote:I'd say "honest" would be at least no salary cut...
"Generous" would be to get the same salary as 6 years ago (but nobody really count on it)
"the same salary as 6 years ago ?" But this airline didn't even exist 6 years ago, did it ?

ttubbie

Post by ttubbie »

TWA wrote:
ttubbie wrote:I have asked the same question to Brussels Airlines. After 2 complaints from my side that I did not get any reply, the press service answered and apologized. They told me they are asking themselves the same questions as I was (I have a flight booked on BruAir next weekend). No further reaction to my next mail asking them if they could guarantee that I would catch my connecting flight in London.

All flights with SN to LHR are operated by BA and there is also BMI .
So suppose there would be a strike, SN would have put you on an earlier BA or BD flight to LHR, followed by a bus to LGW (if that is the airport you are transferring).

I would have waited, it's SN's job to find a solution, not yours. You must have spent almost a 1000 euro for 5 Eurostar tickets one way.
First of all I am not flying to LHR but to LGW. The aircraft is BruAir, not BA or BD.

And you did not read my mail very well : I have booked Eurotunnel, not Eurostar. This means we will drive to LGW if needed. That costs 67 Euro round trip per ca, which I already paid. That is the only amount I will loose in case I do not need Eurotunnel, as it is a non refundable ticket.

Gate-A1

Post by Gate-A1 »

FlightMate wrote:I'd say "honest" would be at least no salary cut...
The question is why do you stay at b.air? I used to work for a company where overtimes was usual practice but not always paid (almost not at all). Actually as young graduated I hadn't a lot of choice. With the experience gained I was able to find a better place in an other company. But nether I said bad things in publics about the company. I they want to contine like that (they do it actually) it does not hurt me anymore.

And Why are your fighting the passenger instead of your boss?
Passanger will find an other airline if b.air went bankrupt or dissapear!

Your managers also will find sommes opportunities. With all your actions now they will be able to say "Not my fautl, the employees did stupid action who killed the company".

Anyway, I'm only a passenger, and there is other companies in the world.

tolipanebas

Post by tolipanebas »

kiwiandrew wrote: "the same salary as 6 years ago ?"
But this airline didn't even exist 6 years ago, did it ?
Actually it did.

If you look carefully at all official documents of what was first 'SN Brussels Airlines', and now just 'brussels airlines', you will notice that these names are just trading names with the legal entity behind the airline being DAT NV/SA, which is a company existing for almost 40 years already, first as an autonomous company, then as a company jointly owned by KLM and Sabena, then as a full Sabena subsidiary and after Sabena's bankruptcy again as an autonomous company.

have a look at a ticket for instance: it will clearly mention
DAT NV/SA, trading as 'brussels airlines'
So now you know why...

Although 'brussels airlines' may be only a few months old, and even 'SN Brussels Airlines' only started its live just over 5 years ago, DAT NV/SA has employees who have worked under the same contract for well over 20 years...

Fiero

Post by Fiero »

Yup. Unfortunatly not that many people originaly from "den dat" remaining. And just for info. How can an employee of a company attack his boss in another way besides having a strike? Because clearly everybody doesn't want our pilots to have a strike. But tell us some other options. And no not the options as looking for another job or learning to live with it.

blackhawk

Post by blackhawk »

Directeur vliegoperaties bij Brussels Airlines neemt ontslag

(Belga) De verantwoordelijke 'flight operations' ad interim bij luchtvaartmaatschappij Brussels Airlines neemt ontslag uit zijn functie. De directie liet donderdag op een ontmoeting met de vakbonden ook verstaan dat ze de sociale dialoog wil voortzetten, zo blijkt uit een persbericht. Er was een conflict gerezen met de piloten en er dreigden acties bij de luchtvaartmaatschappij.

http://www.standaard.be/Artikel/Detail. ... 3771070503

Head flightops quits ...