BRU winter 2007-08 : what to expect: new routes, frequencies

Join this forum to discuss the latest news that happened in the world of commercial aviation.

Moderator: Latest news team

Post Reply
User avatar
Atlantis
Posts: 4494
Joined: 12 Apr 2005, 00:00

Post by Atlantis »

The first flight of KD Avia is again postponed. This not only to BRU but also other destinations are involved. Reason is lack of aircraft.
Probably in Winter 07/08 they can start up flights.

EBBR_Based
Posts: 50
Joined: 31 Mar 2007, 11:15

Post by EBBR_Based »

@spotter1102 and others: brubiac's list consists out of slot requests. Airlines request slots all the time, but only a part of those requests do actually materialize into real flights. That's why brubiac rightfully put some question marks behind certain requests.

@brubiac: did TP ask slots on BRU-OPO for A32S ops, or is the aircraft type a guess?

@atlantis: KD Avia's lack of aircraft will not be an issue anymore shortly as they are in the process of getting 7 former America West/US Airways B733s.

User avatar
Atlantis
Posts: 4494
Joined: 12 Apr 2005, 00:00

Post by Atlantis »

EBBR_Based wrote:@spotter1102 and others: brubiac's list consists out of slot requests. Airlines request slots all the time, but only a part of those requests do actually materialize into real flights. That's why brubiac rightfully put some question marks behind certain requests.

@brubiac: did TP ask slots on BRU-OPO for A32S ops, or is the aircraft type a guess?

@atlantis: KD Avia's lack of aircraft will not be an issue anymore shortly as they are in the process of getting 7 former America West/US Airways B733s.
EBBR-based

Brussels Airport confirmed lately some of those expansions:

Flybe is going to fly 11 times weekly to Southampton.

Egyptair is going to fly 3 times a week to Caïro.

Tap: flight to Oporto will be in an A319.

KD Avia: that's why they suspend the flights to the next season.

Kapitein
Posts: 1630
Joined: 29 Jul 2004, 00:00
Location: Somewhere around the globe....
Contact:

Post by Kapitein »

EBBR_Based wrote: @brubiac: did TP ask slots on BRU-OPO for A32S ops, or is the aircraft type a guess?
Nope it's not a guess, A319 was filled in. Somekind of a surprise for me, knowing that NI only flew with ERJ on this route.
But it can always change in reality.

EBBR_Based
Posts: 50
Joined: 31 Mar 2007, 11:15

Post by EBBR_Based »

Atlantis wrote:Brussels Airport confirmed lately some of those expansions:

Flybe is going to fly 11 times weekly to Southampton.

Egyptair is going to fly 3 times a week to Caïro.

Tap: flight to Oporto will be in an A319.

KD Avia: that's why they suspend the flights to the next season.
MS to CAI and BE to SOU has been loaded already in GDS, the TP OPO flights not. I know that TP will (99% sure) start BRU-OPO, but I'm looking for confirmation of the aircraft type. As far as I know, TP has not yet confirmed this in a press release, and the A319 is not the only likely candidate to operate this service.

About the other companies in the slot request list: certain flights are not confirmed yet, others are absolutely unlikely.

Charlie Roy
Posts: 520
Joined: 29 Aug 2006, 22:20
Location: Europa

Post by Charlie Roy »

I suspect that Aer Lingus' request for additional slots for a third DUB - BRU rotation will soon be modified for a one daily Belfast - BRU route :wink:

JOVAN
Posts: 484
Joined: 08 Jun 2006, 00:00

Post by JOVAN »

Aberdeen-Brussels dropped by BMIregional after less than 3 months of operation.

ERICAIRLINES
Posts: 156
Joined: 16 Nov 2003, 00:00

Post by ERICAIRLINES »

why belfast BRU ??Iso DUB ??

b720
Posts: 865
Joined: 04 May 2006, 00:00

Post by b720 »

seems aerlingus looking at a new hub outside rep.ireland.. choice narrowed down to belfast and another city in the Uk (birmingham?)

ERICAIRLINES
Posts: 156
Joined: 16 Nov 2003, 00:00

Post by ERICAIRLINES »

sabena used to fly to belfast, for a while in the years 1999-2000

Charlie Roy
Posts: 520
Joined: 29 Aug 2006, 22:20
Location: Europa

Post by Charlie Roy »

Aer Lingus booking engine showing an extra (third) flight on Mondays and Fridays.

Arrives BRU 1505 (EI632)
Departs BRU 1545 (EI633)

rut-her
Posts: 552
Joined: 07 Feb 2004, 00:00

Post by rut-her »

I don't know if it has already been posted, but here is what I saw in the system today:

- CO with 764 from 29th of October till 29th of March
- US with a 762 on monday, tuesday and friday from 9th of September till 26th of October. After that a daily 762
- United with a daily 772 from the 2nd of October till the 27th of October on the flight from Washington & Chicago.
- Jet Airways starting a daily route to JFK and BLR via BRU on the 15th of February with a 773

Greetz,
Rutger

Charlie Roy
Posts: 520
Joined: 29 Aug 2006, 22:20
Location: Europa

Post by Charlie Roy »

And Sky Europe's website now shows Vienna twice daily from November.

User avatar
Atlantis
Posts: 4494
Joined: 12 Apr 2005, 00:00

Post by Atlantis »

rut-her wrote:I don't know if it has already been posted, but here is what I saw in the system today:

- Jet Airways starting a daily route to JFK and BLR via BRU on the 15th of February with a 773

Greetz,
Rutger
According to the latest and also posted by Brubiac, Jet Airways flight BLR to JFK is going to start in October this year. This off course when they get the slot.

rut-her
Posts: 552
Joined: 07 Feb 2004, 00:00

Post by rut-her »

Atlantis wrote:
rut-her wrote:I don't know if it has already been posted, but here is what I saw in the system today:

- Jet Airways starting a daily route to JFK and BLR via BRU on the 15th of February with a 773

Greetz,
Rutger
According to the latest and also posted by Brubiac, Jet Airways flight BLR to JFK is going to start in October this year. This off course when they get the slot.
That's why it is not in the system : they don't have a slot yet. Thanks!

Greetz,
Rutger

Kapitein
Posts: 1630
Joined: 29 Jul 2004, 00:00
Location: Somewhere around the globe....
Contact:

Post by Kapitein »

rut-her wrote:
Atlantis wrote:
rut-her wrote:I don't know if it has already been posted, but here is what I saw in the system today:

- Jet Airways starting a daily route to JFK and BLR via BRU on the 15th of February with a 773

Greetz,
Rutger
According to the latest and also posted by Brubiac, Jet Airways flight BLR to JFK is going to start in October this year. This off course when they get the slot.
That's why it is not in the system : they don't have a slot yet. Thanks!

Greetz,
Rutger
They are working on it. The new slots are already requested to start from Octobre, but not yet given. But it won't be a problem, it just takes some time

Expect also soon a 4th destination of 9W.

ERICAIRLINES
Posts: 156
Joined: 16 Nov 2003, 00:00

Post by ERICAIRLINES »

Aer Lingus confirm Belfast move

Aer Lingus has confirmed it will have a new base at Belfast International Airport by the end of the year.


Ten new European flights are to begin in December.

Routes will include Amsterdam, Barcelona, Brussels, Budapest, Faro, and Rome.

User avatar
Atlantis
Posts: 4494
Joined: 12 Apr 2005, 00:00

Post by Atlantis »

Brubiac wrote:Some updates for the winter. Some are already posted in other topics


Etihad Airways

upgrade to 4x weekly

EY055/056 on day 1 and 5
EY057/058 on day 4 and 7 with new schedule: 0700 - 1125 LT


TAP Air Portugal

daily to OPO with A319
Hi Brubiac,

Is there some news about those two above?

I saw today on Luchtvaartnews that TAP is starting a route AMS - OPO with Portugalia metal: Embraer 145. Is there maybe a chance that TAP will also use this kind of aircraft instead of the A319?

When will fly Etihad the new fourth flight to BRU? When I check their bookingsite then I have seen that there are only two flights a week during winter.

Regards

ERICAIRLINES
Posts: 156
Joined: 16 Nov 2003, 00:00

Post by ERICAIRLINES »

no bru-bfs by aer lingus before 2008...see their press release on their website..they will start with AMS

Kapitein
Posts: 1630
Joined: 29 Jul 2004, 00:00
Location: Somewhere around the globe....
Contact:

Post by Kapitein »

Atlantis wrote:
Brubiac wrote:Some updates for the winter. Some are already posted in other topics


Etihad Airways

upgrade to 4x weekly

EY055/056 on day 1 and 5
EY057/058 on day 4 and 7 with new schedule: 0700 - 1125 LT


TAP Air Portugal

daily to OPO with A319
Hi Brubiac,

Is there some news about those two above?

I saw today on Luchtvaartnews that TAP is starting a route AMS - OPO with Portugalia metal: Embraer 145. Is there maybe a chance that TAP will also use this kind of aircraft instead of the A319?

When will fly Etihad the new fourth flight to BRU? When I check their bookingsite then I have seen that there are only two flights a week during winter.

Regards
Atlantis,

according to a well informed source (no name):

day 1 - 5: eveningdepartures
day 3 - 7: morningdepartures

It's possible that TP changes to a ERJ or F100 when operating the flight, but I have no clear view on in now. It's still 2,5 months to go to the new season.

Post Reply