BRU winter 2007-08 : what to expect: new routes, frequencies

Join this forum to discuss the latest news that happened in the world of commercial aviation.

Moderator: Latest news team

spotter1102

Post by spotter1102 »

The timetable for the Jet Airways flights to Chennai is not yet uploaded on brusselsairport.be ?

It seems that the expected Kalilingrad-Brussels route by KD Avia is out !
The timetable has been removed from the website.

euroflyer

Post by euroflyer »

tolipanebas wrote:Don't know if it is reported yet, but SN has announced a SIXTH daily THF flight. It will be a midday flight, thus filling the gap between the multiple morning and evening flights. There will now be a real BRU-THF shuttle service with a flight every 2.5 hrs from early in the morning till late at night, similar to BHX and GVA.
This makes B.Air by far the best choice between BRU and Berlin ... Not only do they fly with the more spacious 5-abreast Avro (compared to LH's CRJ200's), but they serve THF instead of TXL and have more frequencies. Good news indeed!

Is this to prepare for the increased competition with the arrival of Easyjet (and maybe Air Berlin) on the route? They obviously have to defend a pretty much high yield market here?

Anybody an idea what B.Air will do once THF will be closed down next year? Move all flights to TXL or go directly to SXF (where at the moment are mainly LCC flights and holiday / charter flights, but which will become the main / only aiport for Berlin in a number of years)?
Star Alliance Gold / LH Senator
A300 A318 A319 A320 A321 A340 B737 B747 B757 B767 MD81 MD82 MD90 Tu134 IL18 BAe146 RJ85 RJ100 CRJ200 CRJ700 CRJ900 ERJ145 E170 E195 F50 F70 F100 ATR42 ATR72 Q300 Q400
http://my.flightmemory.com/euroflyer

sn26567

Post by sn26567 »

euroflyer wrote:Anybody an idea what B.Air will do once THF will be closed down next year? Move all flights to TXL or go directly to SXF (where at the moment are mainly LCC flights and holiday / charter flights, but which will become the main / only aiport for Berlin in a number of years)?
Secure the slots at SXF (in the future BBI or Berlin Brandenburg International) would seem to me as the best option while these slots are still cheap.
André
ex Sabena #26567

b-west

Post by b-west »

Really a shame that THF will disappear. A beautifull historic airport, and at a perfect location. Still... progress I suppose.

As for BBI, I would think that SN already took the necesssary measures to secure their position at the new Brandenburg airport

tolipanebas

Post by tolipanebas »

Well SN already operates to SXF (one daily flight), but I think that if the inevitable is to happen and THF is to close end of next year, they will move to TXL for a few years.

At least that was the plan last time THF was set to close and it was revoced only 4 days before the actual move thanks to a court ruling which decided THF should stay open.

As long as SXF isn't BBI yet, SN will try to serve the most convenient airport in BER. For the time being this is THF and when it closes, it will be TXL.

SXF is no match to either of them really (at least until all the infrastructure works are finished and it officially becomes BBI, Berlin's sole mega-airport).

tolipanebas

Post by tolipanebas »

sn26567 wrote: Secure the slots at SXF (in the future BBI or Berlin Brandenburg International) would seem to me as the best option while these slots are still cheap.
If I am not mistaken, operators from TXL (and THF) are guaranteed to get the same slots as they now hold at the other Berlin airports once BBI opens and becomes the sole Berlin Airport.

Remember BBI airport is to have a much bigger capacity than SXF has right now, so what it means is that those who are operating at SXF will keep on doing so at the times they have always done and those who will have to move in from TXL will be added to that, also with their exisiting time schedule.

It really is the only way in which you can make such a thing work, otherwise you'd get a stream of lawsuits from all sort of airlines over the unfair slot allocations during the relocation process.

Just look at the legal problems the regional government has had to face with their plan to close THF BEFORE BBI opens and to move the THF operators to TXL against their will....

Atlantis

Post by Atlantis »

Albanian Airlines is going to decrease his number of flights from 3 to 2 flights a week, Wed and Sun.

Is this only during the winter?

Atlantis

Post by Atlantis »

Brubiac wrote:Some updates for the winter. Some are already posted in other topics

US Airways

daily with 767-200ER
Hi Brubiac,

According to the timetable on the Brussels Airport site, the flights for US Airways are still four flights a week. Can it still be changed?

Flybe

Post by Flybe »

http://www.airport.wroclaw.pl/en/news.p ... 7-10-08-II

From 12th of November, LOT will connect Brussels with Wroclaw, 6 times weekly.

Finally! Or rather, just too late, as I just bought tickets for Christmas to Berlin on Easyjet, where I'll take a train to Wroclaw...

But I'm sure that this connection will serve me well in the future!

Greets,

Pieter

Kapitein

Post by Kapitein »

Atlantis wrote:
Brubiac wrote:Some updates for the winter. Some are already posted in other topics

US Airways

daily with 767-200ER
Hi Brubiac,

According to the timetable on the Brussels Airport site, the flights for US Airways are still four flights a week. Can it still be changed?
It will stay with 4 flights a week, no daily.

spotter1102

Post by spotter1102 »

Flybe wrote:http://www.airport.wroclaw.pl/en/news.p ... 7-10-08-II

From 12th of November, LOT will connect Brussels with Wroclaw, 6 times weekly.

Finally! Or rather, just too late, as I just bought tickets for Christmas to Berlin on Easyjet, where I'll take a train to Wroclaw...

But I'm sure that this connection will serve me well in the future!

Greets,

Pieter

And the flights will be operated excepted on Sundays by a very nice Embraer ERJ-170-100 :)

spotter1102

Post by spotter1102 »

spotter1102 wrote:The timetable for the Jet Airways flights to Chennai is not yet uploaded on brusselsairport.be ?
Timetable is now published

http://www.brusselsairport.be/fr/contac ... _c/chennai

But there is a mistake : the flight MAA-BRU-YYZ is operated by an A330 and they say that the return flight is operated by a 777 ?

Which aircraft will finally fly the route ?

Thanks in advance :wink:

spotter1102

Post by spotter1102 »

spotter1102 wrote:
DannyVDB wrote:Hi all,

If Brussels Airport website states it correctly, Hainan is going back to 4 flights a week this winter season. Does anyone has confirmation on this?

Regards,
Danny
Yes there will be 2 nonstop flights and 2 flights via BUD a week.

See also the topic " Hainan owns office in Brussels" :wink:
The timetable shows now 4 nonstop flights for the winter season !

Boeing767copilot

Post by Boeing767copilot »

Italian LCC MyAir will start 2 or 3 nonstop flights for the winter season between Brussels and Bucharest. First flight: dec. 1

Atlantis

Post by Atlantis »

It's maybe not a bad idea to give an overview of new flights or additional flights for the winter 07-08.

Additional flights on existing routes

:arrow: Abu Dhabi: 3 --> 4 flights A330 EY
:arrow: Addis ababa: 3 --> 6 flights B767 ET
:arrow: Beijing: 3 --> 4 flights B767 HU
:arrow: Washington: UA will use their B777 longer on this route: till 15.12
:arrow: Dublin: 3 extra flights a week A320 EI

New airlines on existing routes

:arrow: Bari: 2 weekly flights with LCC MyAir 8I
:arrow: Berlin Schönefeld: Daily flights with LCC Easyjet A319 EZY
:arrow: Bucarest: 2 to 3 weekly flights with LCC MyAir 8I
:arrow: Copenhagen: 6 flights with LCC Sterling B737 NB
:arrow: Stockhom: 4 flights with LCC Sterling B737 NB
:arrow: Oslo: 4 flights with LCC Sterling B737 NB
:arrow: Madrid: new daily flights with Vueling A320 VY
:arrow: Malaga: 3 new flights with Vueling A320 VY
:arrow: Nice: 6 new flights with Easyjet A319 EZY
:arrow: Southampton: 2 flights a day, 1 on Sunday with Flybe
:arrow: Seville: daily flights with Vueling A320 VY

New routes

:arrow: Chennai - New York: daily flights A330 9W
:arrow: Wroclaw: 6 flights a week with LOT Embraer 170

Ceased routes

:arrow: Budapest: SkyEurope
:arrow: Cracow: SkyEurope

Brussels Airlines

:arrow: Ljubljana: 6 new flights Avro SN
:arrow: Africa: with their fourth A330 they will fly daily to Kinshasa and additional flights on existing routes to Africa.

PS: can we expecting more for this winter? Maybe Jet Airways?

teach

Post by teach »

Chennai - New York: daily flights A330 9W
Not really. Chennai will be five weekly, A330. New York JFK will be daily, 77W. Delhi will go to 77W, and be increased from 5 weekly to daily. So routings will become: Chennai - BRU - Toronto, A330, 5 weekly, and Delhi - BRU - JFK, 77W, daily.
From what I hear, the next new 9W route will only be for the next summer season.

spotter1102

Post by spotter1102 »

teach wrote:
Not really. Chennai will be five weekly, A330. New York JFK will be daily, 77W. Delhi will go to 77W, and be increased from 5 weekly to daily. So routings will become: Chennai - BRU - Toronto, A330, 5 weekly, and Delhi - BRU - JFK, 77W, daily.
From what I hear, the next new 9W route will only be for the next summer season.
Yes, it seems that the next route will be Bangalore-Brussels-??? starting in May 2008

Atlantis

Post by Atlantis »

teach wrote:
Only one new route or two? Because their purpose was to start 5 flights out of India via Belgium. At this moment there are two flights, with the new winter season, three flights.

Atlantis

Post by Atlantis »

teach wrote:
Correct till 04.12. After that date they will increase this route: Chennai-BRU-Toronto to daily. This according to the timetable on Brussels Airport and Amadeus.

DannyVDB

Post by DannyVDB »

Hi Atlantis,

I think we see at the beginning of the year the new routes to be flown by JetAir. Everything will depend on the aircrafts delivered over the coming months ...

I also think that some of the routes of SN will be suspended during the winter season: Bari, St-Petersburg, Palermo, ...(?). Should be no problem. Notice also (not new) that Tel-Aviv will become daily!

Regards,
Danny