Jet Airways event at Brussels Airport on 2 May

Join this forum to discuss the latest news that happened in the world of commercial aviation.

Moderator: Latest news team

Atlantis

Jet Airways event at Brussels Airport on 2 May

Post by Atlantis »

After events like Etihad Airways and Hainan Airlines a next event, even bigger and more spectacular, will take place on Wednesday 2 May at Brussels Airport.

On this day Naresh Goyal, chairman of Jet Airways, will sign the contract together with Brussels Airport and codeshare partner Brussels Airlines.
Belgian Prime Minister Guy Verhofstadt will be the chief guest.

For this event the new B777, straight from Seattle, and the new A330 are going to make a stop at Brussels Airport.

The daily flights, Mumbai via Brussels to Newark, are going to start early August.
The daily flights, New Delhi via Brussels to Toronto, are going to start at the end of this year.

Source: earthtimes.org

PNC

Post by PNC »

Jet aiways will become the "big'' long haul carrier out of Brussels. even bigger than the national carrier Bru air.... shame for Belgium

Darjeeling

Post by Darjeeling »

PNC wrote:Jet aiways will become the "big'' long haul carrier out of Brussels. even bigger than the national carrier Bru air.... shame for Belgium
Not too difficult to achieve when you know bru.codeshare.air's ambitions !!

SN30952

Re: Jet Airways event at Brussels Airport on 2 May

Post by SN30952 »

Atlantis wrote:Belgian Prime Minister Guy Verhofstadt will be the chief guest.
:shock: What is that man doing there? Every aeronautical activity his government came close to in Belgium got into trouble sooner or later.... Will he bring his friends Daems and Flahaut?
This is politics...

Kapitein

Post by Kapitein »

Atlantis wrote:The daily flights, Mumbai via Brussels to Newark, are going to start early August.
The daily flights, New Delhi via Brussels to Toronto, are going to start at the end of this year.

Source: earthtimes.org
The new dates, schedules and aircrafttypes:

9W226 DEL-BRU-YYZ 0745-0945
9W225 YYZ-BRU-DEL 0955-1155 with A330-200

9W228 BOM-BRU-EWR 0740-0940
9W227 EWR-BRU-BOM 0940-1140 with 777-300ER

The EWR should start 23th July and the YYZ should start 15th August.

Atlantis

Post by Atlantis »

Thanks Brubiac for the update!

Atlantis

Post by Atlantis »

PNC wrote:Jet aiways will become the "big'' long haul carrier out of Brussels. even bigger than the national carrier Bru air.... shame for Belgium
If we analyse the speech of Wilfried Van Assche, some time ago, then there were two options. Or it will be Brussels Airlines that becomes a bigger player at Brussels Airport with more long haul destinations or it will be a foreign airline that makes its European hub at Brussels Airport.

I think they find it in the way of Jet Airways. I think they have big plans for Brussels Airport.

But I'm also curious what Hainan will do with their future flights to Boston. Also via Brussels.

Time will tell.

LX-LGX

Post by LX-LGX »

SN30952 wrote:
Atlantis wrote: Belgian Prime Minister Guy Verhofstadt will be the chief guest.
What is that man doing there? Every aeronautical activity his government came close to in Belgium got into trouble sooner or later.... Will he bring his friends Daems and Flahaut? This is politics...
This has nothing to do with politics. The Indian delegation will be more then just the Jet Airways station manager (with all respect to him), and the host country then has to follow diplomatic habits. Example: if a foreign VIP visits your country, a local VIP from the same "value" needs to meet him/her. By the way: I've heard from an unreliable source that minister Fientje Moerman is also on the VIP-list that day...

Talking about politics: not Daems and not Flahaut, but Landuyt and Bertjen Anciaux are the ministers who have caused the outmost damage to BRU, mainly because they don't know what's going on there. Their only experience with BRU-airport are the Business Class and First Class lounges.

SN30952

Post by SN30952 »

LX-LGX wrote:diplomatic habits
:?: :shock: This is a private airline company.... in a private operated airport.
Maybe nice for liberals, but nothing diplomatic...
This is an inaugural function during an election campaign. :twisted:
Where were they when Sabena was closed? That was a much bigger event. But not so opportune for their political career or election campaign. Come on.

sn26567

Post by sn26567 »

LX-LGX wrote:Talking about politics: not Daems and not Flahaut, but Landuyt and Bertjen Anciaux are the ministers who have caused the outmost damage to BRU.
Politics is not allowed on Luchtzak, but don't forget that Daems was the Minister who presided over the demise of Sabena. That was probably the largest single event that caused the most damage to BRU.
André
ex Sabena #26567

Atlantis

Post by Atlantis »

Can we please stop talking about politics in every topic we made!!!!!!!!!!!

Its very boring. If you can't talk about this topic or others please don't write anything.

LX-LGX

Post by LX-LGX »

SN30952 wrote:
LX-LGX wrote:diplomatic habits
This is a private airline company.... in a private operated airport. Maybe nice for liberals, but nothing diplomatic... This is an inaugural function during an election campaign. Where were they when Sabena was closed? That was a much bigger event. But not so opportune for their political career or election campaign. Come on.
Obviously, you know more about planes then about diplomatic habits. Just like you, I don't really like Verhofstadt. But fact is that he has to come because the quality of the Indian delegation requires the presence of a senior member of the cabinet. Not because he wants your vote or because he will appear for a few seconds on television that day.

Let's hope the stars of that day the B-777 and the A-330.

"Private operated airport": we, the people of Belgium, own 30 % of the airport. And the Aussies have even given us, the people of Belgium, the pleasure to nominate the President of the Board- for which position we have choosen a politician. Privatly operated? Nice try...

SN30952

Post by SN30952 »

LX-LGX wrote:Let's hope the stars of that day the B-777 and the A-330.
At least that is diplomacy, one of each side ....

Darjeeling

Post by Darjeeling »

Do realize that IF Jet Airways plans are true, they will simply become the largest operator of direct long-haul flights from BRU (Please let's exclude "be.bru.codeshare.airlines" omnibus african operations). Just to make you realize how Belgian's ambitions are small. A private Indian Airline... :?

Bruspotter

Post by Bruspotter »

Hello

Yes it's indeed very pity for lets say Brussels Airlines.
Just to make you realize how Belgian's ambitions are small.
Well maybe not, some of us got gigantic ambitions but than the problems are : money , freedom in your moves, law and regulations etc... Maybe we all think to much and to to little? Who will say? Maybe we DO are too carefull with all? Dare to take a risk (well calculated) might help in the future to have bigger ambitions than to stay stand up straight. Maybe it's just that the wrong people (seeing in status) are very ambitious.

Anyway, I'm happy there IS a big long-haul operator at BRU at all. Even if it's not a Belgian one. I hope BRU will manage to keep Jet Airways at BRU and I wish Jet Airways a lot of luck with their hub at BRU and I hope it will be a success-story.

Best regards: Yannick ;)

octaviuslem

Post by octaviuslem »

Good news for Brussels Airport

http://www.aerocontact.com/news/ac_news ... p?ID=04022

(article in french)

WisoBe

Post by WisoBe »

First of all, may I say that it's thanks to the Belgian Politics Jet Airways is coming to Brussels. Some years ago, Fientje Moerman went to India to promote Belgium. It took some time, but now it's starting for real.

Second point, India is a growing country. Don't say anything bad about private Indian Airlines cause in no time I'm sure they will grow. Just see how much aircraft Jet Airways bought in Le Bourget past year.

Third point, be happy Jet Airways is coming to Belgium, cause for the moment it feels like EBBR is empty. 777-35Er and A330 are always welcome at EBBR. :)

Forth point, I wish all the best to Jet Airways here in Belgium.

Fifth point, I'm invited on the 2nd of May ... I'm sure i will enjoy the aircrafts and new colors. :D :D :D

fcw

Post by fcw »

WisoBe wrote:First of all, may I say that it's thanks to the Belgian Politics Jet Airways is coming to Brussels. Some years ago, Fientje Moerman went to India to promote Belgium. It took some time, but now it's starting for real.

Second point, India is a growing country. Don't say anything bad about private Indian Airlines cause in no time I'm sure they will grow. Just see how much aircraft Jet Airways bought in Le Bourget past year.

Third point, be happy Jet Airways is coming to Belgium, cause for the moment it feels like EBBR is empty. 777-35Er and A330 are always welcome at EBBR. :)

Forth point, I wish all the best to Jet Airways here in Belgium.

Fifth point, I'm invited on the 2nd of May ... I'm sure i will enjoy the aircrafts and new colors. :D :D :D
You can use your own name Guy! It will help you for 10th june :wink:

WisoBe

Post by WisoBe »

fcw wrote:

You can use your own name Guy! It will help you for 10th june :wink:
:D :D :D IMHO I think Guy has better things to do for the moment :D :D :D
Really, don't you think we should be happy to welcome a new company at Brussels ?

Andries

Post by Andries »

WisoBe wrote:Really, don't you think we should be happy to welcome a new company at Brussels ?
Finally someone who sees the core of this matter instead of bickering about politics and other minor details ! Very well said WisoBe !

I'm allready looking forward to the scheduled services !

Greetz,

:twisted: Andries :twisted:
Don't dream your life, live your dream !!!