What future for SN ????

Join this forum to discuss the latest news that happened in the world of commercial aviation.

Moderator: Latest news team

SN30952

Post by SN30952 »

fcw wrote:There might be a future for BruAir, although I doubt it is a legal one... Just tried to book a ticket, and automatically they include an insurance of 32€. I think this is selling to things together and forbidden by law. Not very customer friendly either. :shock:
That's indeed "koppelverkoop*".
Read* also: koppelverkoop
and Belgians will have to wait till after the elections, because Paars does not want to change the rules.
btw politcs may change things then also at the airport, although unions should not be in politics, candidates from that background are. Wait and see.

*Belgian laws are only in the national languages (we are not sorry for that :lol: )

Established02

Post by Established02 »

SN30952 wrote:
fcw wrote:Just tried to book a ticket, and automatically they include an insurance of 32€. I think this is selling two things together
That's indeed "koppelverkoop"
As you surely have noticed, you can with one single and simple mouse click easily deselect the insurance option. SN has added a clear remark, not in small but in normal letter print: ! If you prefer NOT to purchase any of the above insurances simply deselect the options you do not require.

I'm not really an expert in legal stuff, but perhaps you are -with your koppelverkoop allegations- "running a bit too hard off the pile". 8) (How do you say "te hard van stapel lopen" in English?) I believe this kind of sell-up setup is different than e.g. Microsoft selling their operating system unavoidably together with a browser or with a media application.

However I admit that I was also a bit surprised first time I noticed. Perhaps you have a point that the insurance option should not be selected by default, perhaps not even for legal reasons but rather to avoid misperception. Any examples of other carriers following the SN approach?

airazurxtror

Post by airazurxtror »

Established02 wrote: Perhaps you have a point that the insurance option should not be selected by default, perhaps not even for legal reasons but rather to avoid misperception. Any examples of other carriers following the SN approach?
It's perhaps more like SN following the Ryanair, and more generally, the LCC approach.

SN30952

you pay for insurance, if you want or not.

Post by SN30952 »

Established02 wrote:Any examples of other carriers following the SN approach?
It is the other way round, Established02. BruAir follows an Asian way of marketing side products.

But AirAsia warns the customer as follows:
Please check this box to confirm you understand and accept the AirAsia's Terms & Conditions of Carriage and Fare Rules, and do not require Special Assistance.

Nokair eg adds:
All Nok Air fares are one-way fares and fares do not include Insurance (50 Baht / flight), Administration Fee (50 Baht / flight), *Airport Tax (50 Baht / flight), Fuel Surcharge (400 Baht / flight) and Value Added Tax (VAT) of 7%.
*From 1st February 2007 onward, the Airport Tax(100 Bath/flight) will be applied only flights depart from Bangkok, Chiang Mai, Hat Yai, and Phuket.

Then they give the details before you buy:
1 Passenger (Adults:) THB 761.68 That is your fare!!!!
0 Passenger (Children:) THB 0.00
0 Passenger (Infants:) THB 0.00
Airport Tax THB 100.00
Insurance THB 50.00
Administration Fee THB 50.00 (small robbery for one, big for full flight 150x50, pays all the staff of the flight over there....)
Fuel Surcharge THB 400.00 (x150, pays the fuel?)
VAT 7.00 % THB 88.32 (7% on what, 7% on 761.68 = 53.32 -- pays the government)
ATM1.4 THB 20.00 (pays the bank)
Counter Service Plus2.1 THB 30.00 (pays the lease of the counter at the airport x150=?)
Total THB 1,450.00

Fare Conditions : Departure / Return Flight
- Fare is subject to no refund.
- Reservations made with this fare may be change up until 1 day before. Your departure flight for a fee of 535 Baht (7%VAT included)/ person/ trip, plus any applicable fee or charge. For Nok Plus passenger, a fee of 535 Baht will be waived. More info click here.
- Fares quoted are subject to fluctuation until full paymentis made.
*There will be a Fuel Surcharge added to all Nok Air flights.

But you pay for insurance, if you want or not it is added by their system to your bill.