Brussels Airlines Fleet

Join this forum to discuss the latest news that happened in the world of commercial aviation.

Moderator: Latest news team

Stephen

Brussels Airlines Fleet

Post by Stephen »

Hello,

Maybe there is already an answer an my question below in other topic... then sorry for that :oops:

Is there an overview ow which routes that will be flown with the VEX 737 fleet an which with the SN 319 and Avro/146 fleet?

Thanks, Stephen

sab319
Location: Mortsel, antwerp, Flanders, Belgium, Europe, Earth, Milky way

Post by sab319 »

well you can check it in the timetable section on www.brusselsairlines.com

sn26567

Post by sn26567 »

sab319 wrote:well you can check it in the timetable section on www.brusselsairlines.com
The SN timetable never shows the type of aeroplane. Better go to www.amadeus.net
André
ex Sabena #26567

brusselsairlinesfan

Post by brusselsairlinesfan »

OK... let me going further here :

Maybe this has already been discussed... However, can anybody provide some update about future brussels airlines fleet renewal plans ?
Which aircrafts could replace the current fleet ? When ? etc, etc...

All information much appreciated...

Cheer,

Vincent

brusselsairlinesfan

It seems this topic can be relaunched after brussels airlines CEO comments on that point on yesterday...

brusselsairlinesfan

So I am going with my personal opinion :

. Short/medium haul
- to replace the Avros : Embraer RJ & Airbus (318s & 319s)
- to replace the Boeing : Airbus (319s & 320s)

. Long Haul : less urgent - but I'd like them to choose the 350s

Buzz

Post by Buzz »

Another question on the BruAir fleet if I may.

Why do they have to charter an Axis 737? They are planning to send some Bae's to Africa, so it won't be a sortage of planes... Is it cheaper to charter an Axis 737 then to operate it yourself?

Established02

Post by Established02 »

Buzz wrote:Why do they have to charter an Axis 737? Is it cheaper to charter an Axis 737 then to operate it yourself?
Europe Airpost currently operates their yellow, CDG-based 733QC on CDG-BRU-CDG, on behalf of SN.

With one of their BRU-based aircraft SN would have to operate BRU-CDG-BRU, which may not be the product that SN needs at that time of the day.

fostro

Post by fostro »

The main target of the SN Paris CDG flight to/from Brussels is feeding passengers from the Paris region to the African flights... and fly those passengers back homewards. Have a look at the schedules, it will become clear.

That's the reason of a CDG-BRU-CDG rotation operated by Europe Airpost.

I highly doubt there would be a market for flights ex-BRU to Paris... The competition with Air France/TGV is tough whereas time and money can be defined as the main reasons.

fcw

Post by fcw »

brusselsairlinesfan wrote:So I am going with my personal opinion :

. Short/medium haul
- to replace the Avros : Embraer RJ & Airbus (318s & 319s)
- to replace the Boeing : Airbus (319s & 320s)

. Long Haul : less urgent - but I'd like them to choose the 350s
Nie plan, but they need to win the euromillions first...

brusselsairlinesfan

What about the Embraers rumours... just pure speculation... or serious talks ?

Cartman

Post by Cartman »

fostro wrote: I highly doubt there would be a market for flights ex-BRU to Paris... The competition with Air France/TGV is tough whereas time and money can be defined as the main reasons.
Competition with AF? They have no flights BRU-CDG...
I'm in love with my lust, burning angelwings to dust, I wish I had your angel tonight...
www.myrre.be

fostro

Post by fostro »

Cartman wrote:
fostro wrote: I highly doubt there would be a market for flights ex-BRU to Paris... The competition with Air France/TGV is tough whereas time and money can be defined as the main reasons.
Competition with AF? They have no flights BRU-CDG...
That's true, there are no flights CDG-BRU operated by Air France. But there is the Air France/TGV cooperation on the TGV-line Bruxelles-Midi (ZYR) and Paris Aéroport Charles de Gaulle 2. I even think you can check-in in Bruxelles-Midi to your final destination, if you fly with Air France or one of the other Skyteam members of course. But I'm not 100% sure of thist last thing.

You'd be surprised how popular this train link is! There is no TGV or Thalys that stops in Brussels Airport!

gumblebee

Post by gumblebee »

Cartman wrote:There is the Air France/TGV cooperation on the TGV-line Bruxelles-Midi (ZYR) and Paris Aéroport Charles de Gaulle 2. I even think you can check-in in Bruxelles-Midi to your final destination, if you fly with Air France or one of the other Skyteam members of course. But I'm not 100% sure of thist last thing.
I once checked in from Brussels for ZYR-CDG-GRU-EZE with TAM ; the ZYR-CDG leg (back then Thalys, now TGV) had an AF flightnumber ; could only hand over my luggage in CDG though, and had to do this at the TAM counter (could use the business desk though, saved a lot of time). The TAM counters only opened 2 hours or so after my train arrived, because the number of trains per day is fairly limited ; CDG has no decent waiting facilities landside, making the transfer somewhat disagreeable.
When I flew Air France ZYR-CDG-YUL, procedures were similar.

Biggest disadvantage of travelling on the Air France flightnumber is that checkin closes 20 minutes prior to train departure ; with a normal Thalys ticket you just need to be on time to catch your train. For the return ride you need to change your boarding pass for a train ticket, this counter opens about 20 minutes prior to train departure, so again you've got quite a wait in uncomfortable waiting circumstances.
The big advantage is that you don't need to worry about delays of planes or trains ; they're Air France's problem.

Last time trough CDG I decided to just spend the night in Paris, rather than take the early morning Thalys (travelling on a Thalys ticket ; MH didn't cooperate with AF).

I don't know what changes -if any- were made due to the change of operator from Thalys to TGV/SNCF.

Cartman

Post by Cartman »

Partly off topic, but the new 330 (ex Air Madrid) is standing now at Hangar 40 in new Bru.Air colors. Looks really nice actually, but it was too dark to take a descent picture.

One strange detail: the plane has registration EI-DVB. Anyone knows why an Irish registration on a SN plane? It wasn't clear in the dark, but it looked almoast like it was a temporary sticker. Maybe the OO-registration was hidden underneath and will be revealed after all further technical checks are performed?
I'm in love with my lust, burning angelwings to dust, I wish I had your angel tonight...
www.myrre.be

MayerFM

Post by MayerFM »

Cartman wrote:One strange detail: the plane has registration EI-DVB. Anyone knows why an Irish registration on a SN plane?
Hi Carman, good day. This A330 Has an Irish registration since its owner is Bella Aircraft Leasing, an Irish aircraft lessor, which in turn is a subsidiary of AerCap Holdings, and the plane was originally registered in Ireland.

I'm not sure what will the next registration (OO-) be, but I'm sure it will not take that long before we get to know.

Best regards!

sn26567

Post by sn26567 »

MayerFM wrote:I'm not sure what will the next registration (OO-) be, but I'm sure it will not take that long before we get to know.
OO-SFW, as shown in the Belgian spotting forum for the date 5 May 2007
André
ex Sabena #26567

TWA

Post by TWA »

When is the 5th A330 due to arrive?

brussels airlines

Post by brussels airlines »

They don't have a fifth A330 on order. They want to have 5 or 6 A330's in 2010. But non of these aircrafts are leased yet.

Buzz

Post by Buzz »

Established02 wrote:
Buzz wrote:Why do they have to charter an Axis 737? Is it cheaper to charter an Axis 737 then to operate it yourself?
Europe Airpost currently operates their yellow, CDG-based 733QC on CDG-BRU-CDG, on behalf of SN.

With one of their BRU-based aircraft SN would have to operate BRU-CDG-BRU, which may not be the product that SN needs at that time of the day.
I finally get it now :) Fly in before the Africa flights leave, and depart BRU after all transit passengers are ready. Axis can do that in 2 sectors (CDG-BRU-CDG) while SN would have to do 4 sectors (BRU-CDG-BRU-CDG-BRU).
Thanks for clearing that up for me, it makes sense now!