Obeying Cabin Crew Instructions

Join this forum to discuss the latest news that happened in the world of commercial aviation.

Moderator: Latest news team

stuchil

Obeying Cabin Crew Instructions

Post by stuchil »

Flew from DXB to BOM with EK recently on both occasions was shocked at the attitude of the Cabin crew with respect to passengers ignoring seat belt signs. They are either unwilling to enforce the requirements or unable to as they feel intimidated by the passengers.

People were pushing past each other to get bags out of lockers as soon as the aircraft turned off the runway. I even saw a mother stand up with her infant and watch her stumble as the plane continued taxiing. If the Cabin Crew were more forcefull in the application of the remain seated instruction then I would not have been concerned about possible injury to the infant. I do not care about the mother if she is stupid enough to flout instructions then if she gets hurt tough, but the infant had no choice.

Then on the return flight Cabin crew were instructed to return to their seats during meal service because of turbulence and still people wandered around the cabin without requests to sit down.

sn26567

Re: Obeying Cabin Crew Instructions

Post by sn26567 »

stuchil wrote:I do not care about the mother if she is stupid enough to flout instructions then if she gets hurt tough, but the infant had no choice.
If the mother is hurt, the airline could be made responsible and in turn it could fire the flight attendants for not enforcing the rules.
André
ex Sabena #26567

Stij

Post by Stij »

In China people tend to stand up after touch down as well, probably due to lack of experience with air travel, but normally the crew then starts yelling that they have to sit down.

Cheers,

Stij

Darjeeling

Post by Darjeeling »

The best solution with such cases, grab the interphone and ask the captain to perform a "brake test" sequence.

It will calm them down... :roll: :wink:

JonaLX

Post by JonaLX »

yeah right, it will calm them down for sure.

But I thought the captain was responsible for the safety on board, so what if 20 pax got injured during this unnecessary "brake test"?

earthman

Post by earthman »

JonaLX wrote:yeah right, it will calm them down for sure.

But I thought the captain was responsible for the safety on board, so what if 20 pax got injured during this unnecessary "brake test"?
Just say there was an ostrich/llama/chicken/alligator/elephant/horse/tiger/cow/rabbit/dodo suddenly crossing the runway, and he had to brake to avoid a collision.

DFW

Post by DFW »

I once arrived at Narita from Dallas, flying a JAL 747. The passengers were predominately Japanese. The chief steward announced that we were a few minutes late and asked everyone to stay sitted once at the gate in order to allow people with connecting flights to disembark first. We arrived at the gate, and I was amazed to see that no one got up at all. It was whisper quiet. Quite amazing the level of respect for authority that the Japanese have.
By the way, is there anyone on board who knows how to fly an airplane?