Brussels Airport major hub for Jet Airways

Join this forum to discuss the latest news that happened in the world of commercial aviation.

Moderator: Latest news team

Boeing767copilot

Brussels Airport major hub for Jet Airways

Post by Boeing767copilot »

Brussels Airport becomes one of the most important hubs from Jet Airways. Beside the connection Mumbai - Brussels - Newark, in august, Jet Airways foresees this year also to start up the route New Delhi - Brussels - Toronto. Connections are planned to other destinations as Vancouver and JFK via Brussels.

source: Travel Magazine Aviation Newsletter Online

bruworld

Post by bruworld »

hello,

could you give us this article? thanks :D

killerwhale65

Post by killerwhale65 »

Wow, now that would be good news for BRU!
Matthias Thoen
MicroWings - Aviation Hobby Store

Atlantis

Post by Atlantis »

Some months ago I also posted an article about the possibility that Jet Airways also fly via Brussels to Toronto. But then speculations said that Jet Airways would fly to different cities in Europe, technical stop, and fly further to other destinations.

But I don't have read now the article on Travel Magazine because I have no acces any more.

Boeing767copilot

Post by Boeing767copilot »

Sorry, only in Dutch: source: Travel Magazine Aviation Newsletter Online

FLASH - FLASH - FLASH - FLASH - FLASH - FLASH - FLASH - FLASH -

Vanaf augustus start, zoals reeds gemeld, de Indische luchtvaartschappij Jet Airways (met 330 vluchten en 29.000 klanten per dag de grootste privé-luchtvaartmaatschappij van India) de nieuwe lijndienst Mumbai-Brussel-New York Newark. Brussels Airport wordt een belangrijk knooppunt voor Jet Airways want de maatschappij start later dit jaar ook een lijn New Delhi-Brussel-Toronto. De lijn Brussel-Toronto wordt momenteel nog uitgevoerd door Etihad Airways, maar die maatschappij zet daar binnenkort een punt achter wanneer ze rechtstreeks gaat vliegen van thuisbasis Abu Dhabi naar Toronto. Jet Airways plant op termijn ook andere verbindingen via Brussel zoals Vancouver en New York JFK. Daarbij wil de maatschappij Brussel actief promoten als poort tot Europa. Vertegenwoordigers van Jet Airways plannen binnenkort een bezoek aan Brussel en de rest van Vlaanderen met alle grote Indische reisbureaus. Vlaams Minister van Toerisme Geert Bourgeois maakt afspraken met Jet Airways om samen met Toerisme Vlaanderen de nieuwe luchtverbinding actief te gaan promoten in India. “Ik ben er rotsvast van overtuigd dat we de Indische toerist kunnen verleiden met ons uniek aanbod aan kunststeden op zulke kleine oppervlakte”, aldus de toerismeminister. Minister Bourgeois is momenteel met een delegatie van ecologische experts en bedrijven in New Delhi. Hij maakt van de gelegenheid gebruik om ook zijn Indische collega-ministers van Toerisme en van Media en de top van Jet Airways te ontmoeten.

FLASH - FLASH - FLASH - FLASH - FLASH - FLASH - FLASH - FLASH -

DannyVDB

Post by DannyVDB »

If this would become true, it would mean a major boost for BRU :!:

Danny

teach

Post by teach »

If this comes true, it would be fantastic. That being said, I'm having a hard time believing it...

Atlantis

Post by Atlantis »

This means that BRU will become more important than LHR in their portfolio. But LHR is a final destination, BRU a stopover but it would increase transit pax.

Let's first wait their first inaugural flight to BRU and a release of Jet Airways itselfs.

But indeed very good news for BRU.

sn26567

Post by sn26567 »

DannyVDB wrote:If this would become true, it would mean a major boost for BRU.
Let's not exaggerate the importance of Jet Airways' move. It is not bigger than when American Airlines first started to fly to Brussels, which it also considered as a mini-hub for its 2 flights New York-Brussels-Munich and Chicago-Brussels-Dusseldorf. Passengers could transfer in Brussels for one or the other flight. But it never made Brussels a major hub...

I don't think Jet Airways will be a major player in Brussels either!
André
ex Sabena #26567

Bruspotter

Post by Bruspotter »

Hello

Great.

But I always like to wait until it is said officially that it REALLY IS becoming a major hub. Because what I understand under a 'major hub' is really that almost every US bound flight and US inbound flight makes a technical stop at BRU. So that would mean really LOT of flights a day. Let's say that if they at least have 3 different flights (so 6 arrivals + landings)a day and not less than I would consider to call it a 'major hub' :D

Anyway , it sounds very nice , hope it becomes true because in the past years I've learned to see first and only than judge :D

Best regards: Yannick ;)

blackhawk

Post by blackhawk »

vrtnieuws has picked up the news as well: http://www.vrtnieuws.net/nieuwsnet_mast ... ndex.shtml

TWA

Post by TWA »

Are they going to open a base in BRU with crew as homebase BRU?

Boeing747-nurse

Post by Boeing747-nurse »

And also a good opportunity for Brussels Airlines...
Maybe, if everything goes well, and if al of this is true :roll: , Jet Airways could buy a part of Brussels Airlines, and use them to spread their passengers in Europe.
But the same has been said already about AA and Brussels Airlines.
Just a thought...
Like most of you said...let's wait and see...

stuchil

Post by stuchil »

Do Jet have sufficent links with other airlines in Brussels to permit smooth transfers. I'm sure a Mumbai - Brussels - Edinburgh trip would be more welcome than the fun associated with transitting through LHR.

bruworld

Post by bruworld »

read this:
jet airways will starts bom-bru-ewr and del-bru-yyz in 2007

http://economictimes.indiatimes.com/New ... 654293.cms

sn-remember

Post by sn-remember »

Welcome Jet Airways !

The choice of BRU could not be more accurate for convenient transfer to Europe and N-America. Bru is a smooth confortable airport ideally located and missing the usual important links on the East-West segment.

They will want to establish themeselves intensively in bru to make the most out of this important foothold.

Indeed some kind of partnership with snba would come up naturally.
Let's hope they can find the means to achieve just that.

I have the feeling that this venture might develop surprisingly well provided all partners cooperate closely.
Last edited by sn-remember on 23 Feb 2007, 14:50, edited 2 times in total.

TWA

Post by TWA »

5 T7's a day at Brussels Airport: 1 CO B777 and 4 Jet Airways B777.

Jet Airways Long Haul ops in BRU is bigger than the one of our home carrier SN !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ATC

Post by ATC »

IF and only IF Jetairways comes true...
togheter with US airways / Northwest ....
+ a few Low Cost airlines
and the (little) expansion from our home carrier Brussels Airlines..

Can we dream again that in 2008/2009 BRU will be back at 20 million passengers a year ??

grtz,
ATC

Darjeeling

Post by Darjeeling »

Wait and... see. We've seen links to newspapers stating that Jet would start BRU "anytime soon" quite often. Don't you think ?

The 9W file has been around for more than 2 years now. And nothing concrete yet.

Kabila

Post by Kabila »

Any idea when Jet Airways is going to confirm any of these ?

If they want to operate flights this summer, it's about time that they put some seats on sale (via ther website and CRS).

But so far nothing. Seems like poor planning from Jet.