Novair to fly on behalf of Jetairfly

Join this forum to discuss the latest news that happened in the world of commercial aviation.

Moderator: Latest news team

744rules

Novair to fly on behalf of Jetairfly

Post by 744rules »

OOTUC will be replaced by a Novair A330-200 from 25feb till 25mar. Could be either SERBF or SERBG
motorcycling : sensation with a twist of the wrist

glabbi

Post by glabbi »

Now that would be nice.
I'm lokin forward too it. :lol:

sn26567

Re: Novair to fly on behalf of Jetairfly

Post by sn26567 »

744rules wrote:OOTUC will be replaced 25feb till 25mar.
D-check?
André
ex Sabena #26567

glabbi

Post by glabbi »

I wonder when it is SE-RBG is it still wearing the air madrid c/s or is this beauty again in novair c/s.
I hope they do a big check at oo-tuc

Greetz

Bruspotter

Post by Bruspotter »

hello

VERY NICE! :P

glabbi : I'm sure they will , remember it's already a old lady , she had a long and hard past in Brazil. :roll:

By the way , I think there will be already a lot of aircraft parts wich almost exceed their life-time.
This is the first time I know OO-TUC get's a D-check , considering the time it has been in service (not before the inauguration).

Best regards: Yannick ;)

JAF-195

Post by JAF-195 »

Happy to hear that 00-TUc is getting a D-check. That's good news for Jetairfly. Hope it will do good to the aircraft and make its problems dissapear. :)
Fly Belgian!

SilverJET

Post by SilverJET »

A good explanation about D-check for those who didn't know. I'm sorry but it is in German.

D-Check [Bearbeiten]Der D-Check ist einer Grundüberholung gleichgestellt und ist das intensivste, längste und teuerste Wartungsereignis. Er findet etwa alle sechs bis zehn Jahre statt. Das Flugzeug wird bis auf die Grundstruktur freigelegt und muss danach neu lackiert werden. Im Verlauf des D-Checks werden 30.000 bis 50.000 Arbeitsstunden „verbraucht“. Ein D-Check dauert etwa vier bis sechs Wochen und kann mehrere Millionen Euro kosten.
Best Regards Raymond

glabbi

Post by glabbi »

Aha then it will finaly get the jetairfly.com titles

Nice
Greetz

JAF-195

Post by JAF-195 »

Does anybody know where the D-check will be?
Fly Belgian!

Bruspotter

Post by Bruspotter »

Hello
Happy to hear that 00-TUc is getting a D-check. That's good news for Jetairfly. Hope it will do good to the aircraft and make its problems dissapear.
I'm sure this time the problems wich still would be there , should be as good as solved. I have full confidence in it.

For those who doesn't speak German that well:

A D-check can be performed every ...flight hrs(often this is about 10000flighthours depending on the airline and aircraft and the manufacturers regulations) either every ....years/months (often every 5 years). The D-check is the heaviest check there is. In TUC's case I wouldn't be surprised if they have to overhaul it with over 15000-20000man hours. (If they do it good). So if you make the comparison you can see that for every flighthour the plane has done , more than one manhour of overhaul has to be done. As you can see they will use a Novair plane for a month so that's about the duration of the D-check. When undergoing a D-check all panels wich can be removed without damaging the airplane structure will be removed , also every component wich is non-permanent connected to the plane , will be removed and checked , as well on the inside and the outside. All this components will be checked , if necessary tested and if it's necessary replaced or repaired , either just remounted. Also elektrical wiring gets a check up for wear. Also a full check on the aircrafts' structure (by example the skeleton :P) will be done , by example to detect tears, wear , damage , corrosion , ... For the rest system checks can or will be done , like cockpit instrumental test etc... To say it in short. If you all do this things correctly , we should get a almost all new OO-TUC , or at least what concerns the replaced parts. ;) Besides that we may expect it to be repainted when the overhaul is done. This is because for the removal of all those panels from the fuselage , the plane will be completely stripped and repainted again.

The other question: I presume Sabena Technics wil perform this job? Since they have don it the first time too?

Best regards: Yannick ;)

carlcat

Post by carlcat »

The comment why Sabana technics dont do the C Check : Sabena Technics is Airbus family so they avoid Boeing .

The Novair airbus A333 is an old air Madrid and the same one as the one fro BA . The airplane is already registred in Sweden and you can still see the stripes in the tail .

Carl

FANFLYER

Post by FANFLYER »

Goodafternoon,
Took a picture yesterdaymorning upon its arrival around 09am. The plane is all white. Reg is SE-RGB
What a stunning livery :roll:
Very dissapointed :(
Greetz
Karl

funki

Post by funki »

People here are talking about a C-check and a D-check for OO-TUC...
Anyone an idea which check is actually being performed for the moment?
Thanks

Outsync

Post by Outsync »

funki wrote:People here are talking about a C-check and a D-check for OO-TUC...
Anyone an idea which check is actually being performed for the moment?
Thanks
D-Check

JAFflyer

Post by JAFflyer »

No, it's a C-check.
All of our Boeing C-checks are done in France.
The 737's in Perpignan, forgot about the 767.
brgds.

Outsync

Post by Outsync »

JAFflyer wrote:No, it's a C-check.
All of our Boeing C-checks are done in France.
The 737's in Perpignan, forgot about the 767.
brgds.
C-Check it is then :P Tell me, why not a D-Check?

JAFflyer

Post by JAFflyer »

Because at JAF, everyone talks about C-check and that is exactly what is in our scheduling system :)
No more rational explanation than this, sorry.
Brgds.