SN's 4th A330-300 has arrived at BRU!

Join this forum to discuss the latest news that happened in the world of commercial aviation.

Moderator: Latest news team

SilverJET

Post by SilverJET »

Robin_Bamps wrote:The engines will not be a too terrible burden I guess...

Look at FQ, their newest acquired plane (OO-TCN) also has other engines than the rest of the fleet.

Also note that the plane flew for more than 10 years with LTU, quite a reliable airline in terms of maintenance. So let's hope the condition of the plane hasn't become too terrible in 17 months of service with Air Madrid.

Question in the margen : Who did the maintenance on Air Madrid's A330's ?

Regards, Robin Bamps.
Robin,

As far as I know, Air Madrid had contracts with Iberia Maintenance for their A330-200 aircrafts.

I'm sure the aircrafts are well maintained. It's not the state of the cabin interior that counts, but the state of the airframe and its engines.
When your kids make a mess of the backseat of your car, this doesn't mean your car is in an awful state and will have a technical after a few kilometers.
After a full overhauling of the cabin and some maintenance, BA will have a good 4th A330 in its fleet.
Best Regards Raymond

Andries

Post by Andries »

teach wrote:
SNBA had the opportunity of getting one of 3 ex-Austrian A330 with CF-6's which were younger
Austrian's A330s also have PW4000s, not CF-6s. Plus they're -200s.
I stand corrected. Guess my sources were not so accurate ...
Avro wrote:AFAIK the crew don't need a specific rating for the engine types.....

Chris
My sources said differently, bu then again ... they were wrong before ...

Greetz,

:twisted: Andries :twisted:
Don't dream your life, live your dream !!!

tolipanebas

Post by tolipanebas »

Nope, you don't need any specific training or rating to operate on planes which have different engine types than the ones you are currently flying.

As you are type rated, you are assumed to be qualified on all certified versions of this plane, even those you haven't flown yet, although it is common practice for the operator (the airline) to give additional refreshers, briefings and information in written to their pilots whenever there are differences between the different planes.

You can expect SN will give the A330 qualified pilots a recurrent briefing (on CD-ROM) on any differences there might be between this 4th plane and the 3 others and that's about all it takes to fly it.

JAF-195

Post by JAF-195 »

I don't think it will be a second 00-TUC, I trust Sabena Technics. Look at all the work they did with the 00-TUC, it hasn't had a problem for a long time know, thanks to SN technics (except for the "rabbit in engine" problem, but this wasn't caused by the airplane), so I do think that it's fine now.
Sabena Technics is doing greeat :D
Fly Belgian!

golf1411

Post by golf1411 »

I flew D-AERF with LTU from JFK to DUS in july 2005 and was in very good shape. If I'm correct it's ex D-AERF that will become the fourth SN A333?

:wink:

Bottie

Post by Bottie »

JAF-195 wrote:I don't think it will be a second 00-TUC, I trust Sabena Technics.
They had OO-TUC also in their hands I think ;) Can be wrong however :)

Filip146

Post by Filip146 »

Correct! ex D-AERF will be the future OO-...

Ziplepingouin

Post by Ziplepingouin »

Congrats to Brussels Airlines! I think the fact that the "new" A333 has different engines will not be a problem as the fleet is quite small for the moment and also that the aircraft is leased.

Exibit, Pimp My Plane!!!!! :lol:

Vexje

Post by Vexje »

According to the information I got from inside TCV the new baby will only enter into service as from December on.

Duke

Post by Duke »

Do the different engines on the Ex-Air Madrid plane have an influence on the range and payload capabilities of the plane?

AirDupont

Post by AirDupont »

I'm sure the aircraft will fly as a back up or will be doing some charters, it would be too expensive to let an A333 just stand on the tarmac.

Bruspotter

Post by Bruspotter »

Hello

If they have to wait until December to inaugurate the plane in the 'Brussels Airlines' schedules , than they could sure repaint it at once in the new colors :P can't wait :P.

Besides that it would be wonderfull to see it doing some other routes than Africa in the mean time. Charters would be great! Than we might get more chances to spot it in full day! + I think some charter airlines at BRU (like Thomas Cook and Jetairfly) would be very happy with the possibility to 'lease' this plane for one day :D if they have too many pax.

Best regards: Yannick ;)

AirDupont

Post by AirDupont »

Does anyone know the configuration of the cabin?Does it have as many galleys and lavatories as the current ones? If not, it could take a very long time before it will fly...

Buzz

Post by Buzz »

Does anyone know how these leases work? Does BruAir pay the full lease price from day one, or are there special arrangements with the lease company untill it can enter service?

*RCP*

Re: SN's 4th A330-300 has arrived at BRU!

Post by *RCP* »

Isen't Air Madrid the company that SN Brussels Airlines is refusing to accept tkts from? A bit ironic.. "No we don't want their tkts but we do want their A/C's." :twisted: :wink:

AirDupont

Post by AirDupont »

RCP,

an interline agreement has nothing to do with this. The aircrafts are not coming from Air Madrid itself but from the leasing company.

*RCP*

Post by *RCP* »

And yet a bit ironic :D

Andries

Post by Andries »

Vexje wrote:According to the information I got from inside TCV the new baby will only enter into service as from December on.
As allready assumed, it will fly backup and charters untill late 2007.

Bottie wrote:
JAF-195 wrote:I don't think it will be a second 00-TUC, I trust Sabena Technics.
They had OO-TUC also in their hands I think ;) Can be wrong however :)
Yes, but TUC allready was a disaster when it arrived here in Belgium. SNT did a great job in giving it a new chance of life !

AirDupont wrote:Does anyone know the configuration of the cabin?Does it have as many galleys and lavatories as the current ones? If not, it could take a very long time before it will fly...
Current configuration is about 360 pax full economy.

Currently the aircraft is at Lufthansa Technics for the acceptance check (as requested by the owner).

Greetz,

:twisted: Andries :twisted:
Don't dream your life, live your dream !!!

JAFflyer

Post by JAFflyer »

have they already started on the aircraft? I just see it standing in front of the hangar but not much movement around it...
Nice to know we have a back-up standing in bru :p

LX-LGX

Post by LX-LGX »

Buzz wrote:Does anyone know how these leases work? Does BruAir pay the full lease price from day one, or are there special arrangements with the lease company untill it can enter service?
For many back up planes, the lease contract is based on "paid by the hour": Brussels Airlines then only pays when the bird is flying.

However, keeping in mind the actual shortage of A333's, it's not obvious they've managed to get this.