Brussels Airlines starts flights to Krakow

Join this forum to discuss the latest news that happened in the world of commercial aviation.

Moderator: Latest news team

Atlantis

Brussels Airlines starts flights to Krakow

Post by Atlantis »

Brussels Airlines is going to start flights to Krakow at the beginning of the new summerseason.

Five flights a week except on Tuesday and Saturday. Equipment is variable.

You can also find the new schedule at amadeus.

Good work Ba and good luck. I think you have understood it was needed.

eurofighter

Post by eurofighter »

Krakow is a great destination. Went there last weekend with Sky Europe. On Friday outbound the flight was nearly fully booked and returning on early Monday morning still had a good load of about 80%

However even though I am confident B-A will have good offers, Sky Europe with four flights per week has often very cheap fares. I only paid 50 EUR return INCL taxes. That's a price difficult to beat.

But I am sure there will be enough passengers for both airlines, as business people who until recently had to fly via Warsaw can now fly directly with B-A and Sky Europe. 9 flights per week is very good.

TWA

Post by TWA »

eurofighter wrote:However even though I am confident B-A will have good offers, Sky Europe with four flights per week has often very cheap fares. I only paid 50 EUR return INCL taxes. That's a price difficult to beat.
SN promises to pay you back the difference if you can find cheaper fares than theirs.....

Atlantis

Post by Atlantis »

Ba sell those seats at 49,99€ incl taxes. The same price thus as Sky Europe.

SN_fan

Post by SN_fan »

TWA wrote: SN promises to pay you back the difference if you can find cheaper fares than theirs.....
But the cheaper flight has to leave within the hour isn't it

JonaLX

Post by JonaLX »

Atlantis wrote:Ba sell those seats at 49,99€ incl taxes. The same price thus as Sky Europe.
49,99€ one-way I would think

sn26567

Re: Brussels Airlines starts flights to Krakow

Post by sn26567 »

Atlantis wrote:You can also find the new schedule at amadeus.
But not on http://www.brusselsairlines.com :roll:
André
ex Sabena #26567

summersso

Post by summersso »

BRU-KRK SN2547 09.35-11.35
KRK-BRU SN2548 12.05-14.00

You can't find the timetable on the website but you can book flights!

So in the space of one week we've heard that Wizzair will start flights to Katowice and now SNBA to Krakow :)

Good news all round - for Brussels residents (weekends in Krakow!), Poles living and working in Brussels, for SNBA (adventurous!) and for competition! Having said that, SkyEurope's fares have always been very attractive even though they've faced no competition on this route.

I've flown SkyEurope every couple of weeks to Krakow since March last year, tend to book a few months in advance and pay around €50 ret inc taxes. Mind you, have paid as little as €5.02 ret (€0.01 + CC fee, no taxes), -I don't think SN will beat that! Their cheapest fare is €88 ret at the moment...

But... well done SNBA and good luck, it's as close as can be to a guaranteed success!

Ozzie1969
Location: Brugge, Flanders + Annan, Scotland + Ormoc,Philippines

Post by Ozzie1969 »

I find it a bit strange that Ba would start flights to Krakow. Not because of Krakow, because by all accounts that is a beautiful place and more than worthy of a visit, but because of SkyEurope already flying there. Still, good luck to Ba on this route. Let's hope they can open some more connections with Eastern Europe.

Koenie666

Post by Koenie666 »

Maybe SN will try to fill their planes with customers from tour operators buying an all in package? (flight + hotel)

Anyway I didn't know the return tickets to krakow with skyeurope could be so low!!! (btw wasn't skyeurope started by belgians??)

If it wasn't for all the trouble I have from possibly going to change job then I would have already booked :)

summersso

Post by summersso »

Koenie666 wrote:Anyway I didn't know return tickets to Krakow with SkyEurope could be so low!!! (btw wasn't SkyEurope started by Belgians??)
Nor did I, but I was caught by surprise when I came across some fares for €0,01 in December, at the same time as their "we pay your taxes and charges" offer. Funnily enough, the week after that offer ended they launched their New Year sale with flights at €0,01! So I think that one evening I must have caught these fares while they were updating their fares/database. I managed to buy three return tickets for successive weekends this coming March from BRU-KRK (twice) and KRK-BRU (once).

Rumour is that it was started by Belgians, but I don't think thats all quite true. I think they're Slovaks who lived and/studied/worked in Belgium. I'm sure there's a Belgian connection but no mention on the website.

Dude320

Post by Dude320 »

BA just starts that route because the average loadfactor is much higher then the other routings i assume.

That is correct, Sky Europe CEO is Alain Skowronek, ex City Bird.

He is a Belgian with Polish roots...

I fly with them from time to time also to KRK and I was
impressed from the brandnew 737's , service, on-time performance
and especially from the nice woman "Miss..." on the exterior.

Good luck BA !

sn26567

Post by sn26567 »

Dude320 wrote:I was impressed especially from the nice woman "Miss..." on the exterior.
Adriana Skleranikova, top model and wife of French soccer player Karembeu
André
ex Sabena #26567