Wizz Air from Brussels Charleroi to Katowice

Join this forum to discuss the latest news that happened in the world of commercial aviation.

Moderator: Latest news team

Boeing767copilot

Wizz Air from Brussels Charleroi to Katowice

Post by Boeing767copilot »

Wizz Air announced today that it would further expand its operations from Katowice International Airport with the launch of Brussels Charleroi, London Stansted and Malmo-Copenhagen services. Brussels Charleroi 3 times/week starting 1 October 2007.

summersso

Post by summersso »

Excellent news!
I understand this was one of the now-defunct Air Polonia's only profitable routes, and a poll on Katowice website a few months ago indicated Brussels was the most-wanted new destination. I'm surprised its taken this long for them to launch it, but sure it will be a success!
:D

Koenie666

Post by Koenie666 »

If fare's are right.. i might try a poland trip then lol

Jacob330

Post by Jacob330 »

This is indeed excellent news. Wizzair is creating a nice network in CRL. And with Bratislava coming up as a new destination like mentioned in an other topic :!: :D

Charlie Roy

Post by Charlie Roy »

I agree: this is very good news for Charleroi airport, and in general I think it's definitely a route that could work.

I'm a bit concerned though because when you compare

Sky Europe: BRU-KRK, 1-3-5-7, afternoon flights
and
Wizzair: CRL-KTW, -2-4-6-, early morning flights

I would think that Sky Europe wins every time... I suppose others would say that the schedules complement each other, but then I'm not one for getting up early in the morning :wink:

summersso

Post by summersso »

Charlie, I noticed the schedules almost immediately too and share exactly the same thoughts! SkyEurope have an almost unbeatable schedule to Krakow as Monday flights are actually early in the morning (back in time for work!).

Re fares; cheapest on both (inc taxes and charges) is around €50. Add the cost of getting to/from CRL and away from KTW (Pyrzowice - 32km north of Katowice) and SkyEurope win. Few tourists want to go to Katowice, Slask isn't that nice a region...!