OO-TUC stuck in Dominican Republic.

Join this forum to discuss the latest news that happened in the world of commercial aviation.

Moderator: Latest news team

Depretair

OO-TUC stuck in Dominican Republic.

Post by Depretair »

Hello,

Does someone know what happened to the 767 ?
It seems that the passengers are very angry about the company ...
Any news is welcome.

Best wishes to all of you,

Olivier ;-)

Stij

Post by Stij »

I heard on the news (VTM) that a rabbit got sucked in the engine: a rabbit-strike. ;-) Sh*t happens, also in 2007!

Cheers,

Stij

Philippe1983

Post by Philippe1983 »

Stij wrote:A rabbit got sucked in the engine : a rabbit-strike. ;)
The aircraft got fed up with always eating poultry !

:lol:

Fiero

Post by Fiero »

How does the pilot enter such an occurence in his air safety report TFIR?
They have a special spot for bird strikes and for ground collisions but not for rabbits strikes.

MayerFM

Post by MayerFM »

Hello all! Hey, that 767 was going to fly from Dominican Republic to BRU and then it had a flight to Cuba and Mexico (Cancun); according to what we know here, there are some 250 PAX booked for this flight.

As far as I know the flight will depart Thursday, since the passengers apparently are not cancelling their trip... I assume JetAirfly has arranged for the flight with another airline, since it has a single 767, right?

Best regards from Mexico.

Lyulka

Post by Lyulka »

As you can see in the SpottersDatabase there is a Tristar scheduled for that flight.

FANFLYER

Post by FANFLYER »

Goodevening,
Anyone any idea which company flying the Tristar ? Euro Atlantic ?
Greetz, Karl

MayerFM

Post by MayerFM »

Lyulka wrote:As you can see in the SpottersDatabase there is a Tristar scheduled for that flight.
Thanks a lot Lyulka. I forgot to check it when posting my message.
Anyone any idea which company flying the Tristar ? Euro Atlantic ?
Hi FANFLYER, I think EuroAtlantic is a very likely candidate, since CS-TEB has replaced OO-TUC in the past when the 767 has had technical problems (January 2006, for example).

Regards from Mexico!

JAFflyer

Post by JAFflyer »

It's EuroAtlantic indeed.
Right now there is a 767-200 of Thomsonfly to fly BRU-PUJ tomorrow at 8Z. The Tristar should do BRU-VRA-CUN tomorrow 04/01.
Our TUC is comming back at 02.00Z on the 5/01 He'll do POP-PUJ-MBJ-BRU on the return. To repatriate the stuck pax in those regions.

Greetz.

Robin_Bamps

Post by Robin_Bamps »

Like I understood the TOM 762 arrived already at BRU tonight and will nightstop here. Registration should be G-BRIF. Can somebody confirm ? Departure to PUJ planned as JAF 303, STD 09:00LT.

For the Tristar, I'm still confused, as the Brussels Airport website shows the following :

03/01 16:20 JAF 207 Cancun Delayed 08:00h
03/01 16:20 JAF 207 Varadero Delayed 08:00h

04/01 08:00 JAF 207 Cancun Delayed 12:00h
04/01 08:00 JAF 207 Varadero Delayed 12:00h

So, are there 2 flights BRU-VRA-CUN operated with the same flight number ? If so, which is the other plane ?

Or is it only one flight (opb L1011) ? If so, will it leave then at 08:00 or 12:00 ?

Thanks in advance for all help,

Robin Bamps.

MayerFM

Post by MayerFM »

JAFflyer, thanks for your clarification. If you can further clarify Robin's questions, I will appreciate it too.

Hey, I hope things come back to normal at Jetairfly after this situation.

Take care and thanks for keeping us informed.

P. S.- Robin, I assume there will be a single JAF207 flight tomorrow, but I'd better wait to know JAFflyer's answer. Regards from Mexico.

744rules

Post by 744rules »

at this moment CDB shows

jaf303 std 0900lt PUJ GBRIF
jaf207 std 0800lt (etd 1200lt) VRA CUN CSTEB

probably all subjet to change

hope this helps
motorcycling : sensation with a twist of the wrist

744rules

Post by 744rules »

update

jaf303 atd 0915/0925

jaf207 vra cxxld

jaf501/05jan scheduled 0600lt VRA PUJ operated by OOTUC

to be continued ...............
motorcycling : sensation with a twist of the wrist

JAFflyer

Post by JAFflyer »

It's exactly as I said above, the 767 BRU-PUJ-BRU (JAF303)
Tristar: BRU-VRA-CUN-BRU (JAF207)
*edit: at least that's the plan with the Tristar, but the thing is in maintenance too...*

On top of it all, Hapagfly is flying BRU-ALC-BRU today with a 737-800 instead of our OOTUB which is out in the morning.

greetz.

Robin_Bamps

Post by Robin_Bamps »

JAFflyer wrote:On top of it all, Hapagfly is flying BRU-ALC-BRU today with a 737-800 instead of our OOTUB which is out in the morning.
Thanks for keeping us up-to-date. Any idea about the reg of the HF ?

Thanks in advance, Robin Bamps.

JAFflyer

Post by JAFflyer »

VRA-CUN is finally cancelled...
No suitable alternatives were found and the mighty Tristar is AOG in Lisbon.
Sad day...

*edit: The Hapag is D-AHFN

Robin_Bamps

Post by Robin_Bamps »

JAFflyer wrote:*edit: The Hapag is D-AHFN
Thanks a lot ! Went out myself before you posted your reply, it landed around 12:30. Still painted in the older HF version (blue c/s with "Hapag-Lloyd" title in red and "www.hapagfly.com" title in white) and featuring a white radome.

Regards, Robin Bamps.

level-d-flyboy

Post by level-d-flyboy »

The funny thing about this is that the people that got a room in trhe sheraton hotel at the airport, waiting for a sollution, got rabbit for dinner :)

I must say that this sounds funny to me and others but for the people that supposed to be on that plane this was another slap in the face i presume. :?

grtz

camel

Post by camel »

I disapprove the way jetair communicates. They keep their passengers in a state of uncertainty and they give poor info and very poor solutions ( read 'no' solutions).
An incident can occur with every airline/touroperator but the way you deal with those situations distinguishes oneself. Jetair clearly run's short of experience and humane treatment.

I think it's clear for everybody that one longhaul aircraft gives problems when this aircraft is down... In the good old Sobelair-days they had SLR-SLS-SLT-IHV to cover those problems. But hey jetair wanted to do it their own way... and we can see what they mean by that...

Greetz

Robin_Bamps

Post by Robin_Bamps »

camel wrote:I think it's clear for everybody that one longhaul aircraft gives problems when this aircraft is down... In the good old Sobelair-days they had SLR-SLS-SLT-IHV to cover those problems. But hey jetair wanted to do it their own way... and we can see what they mean by that...
( :offtopic: That's indeed one of the reasons why Thomas Cook hasn't had big issues since the start up of longhaul flights on 01/05/2005, partially to the same destinations JAF offers. They have a whole airline (e.g. MP) as a backup if an a/c experiences technical or other problems, and the MP planes themselves seems to be much more reliable than OO-TUC... I know which carrier I'll choose if I'll once fly to the Caribbean !)

Regards, Robin Bamps.