Easyjet to Brussels summer 07???

Join this forum to discuss the latest news that happened in the world of commercial aviation.

Moderator: Latest news team

snowbird

Easyjet to Brussels summer 07???

Post by snowbird »

Heard some rumours that Easyjet has plans to operate to Brussels next summer and that they filed slots. Cannot find any facts or evidence. Who did also hear those rumours? :?: :?: :?:

SE210

Post by SE210 »

Nobody !

fcw

Post by fcw »

Biac people were spotted in Luton by a friend of me. They were trying to SELL the old satelite stands to EZY. And EZY will announce another continental base soon...

stevie

Post by stevie »

nice to hear :D
concurention on routes between brussels and london
or maybe a codeshare between BA and EZY?

grtzz

danieln

Post by danieln »

The timing is no surprise for me. EZY used to have an agreement with Virgin Express that they would not compete on the Brussels market. But now that VEX en SN Brussels have merged, all possibilities for Easyjet are open again.
This would definitely be good news for competition.

fcw

Post by fcw »

And it would stop the slavery in the belgian airline industry, as the salary of an EZY trolley dollie almost equals the salary of a BruAir skipper...

snowbird

Post by snowbird »

UK flights are a possibility.
If EZY had an agreement with Virgin not to compete, and they are now merged with SN Brussels, it also possible that they start flights to MAD, BCN, GVA, etc...

stevie

Post by stevie »

COMPETITION!!!

I like that
let's see what the future will bring
i hope that EZY come's to BRU
From wich airport will they come to BRU??

b720

Post by b720 »

Oh please let them open GVA-BRU that would be BRILLIANT..

Vinnie-Winnie

Post by Vinnie-Winnie »

stevie wrote:nice to hear :D
concurention on routes between brussels and london
or maybe a codeshare between BA and EZY?

grtzz
Never heard Easyjet codesharing with any airlines... As I said before no way will they fly to LDN market too saturated!

Oh and as we say in french: Je suis comme Saint Thomas: Je veux le voir pour le croire... :P

AirDupont

Post by AirDupont »

Oversaturated? How about Eg. LDN-GVA flights?????? In case EZY comes over to BRU, it could kill SNBA, that's for sure. Nobody at TCV wants to see the orange jets land in BRU.
It's true that EZY's flight attendants are well paid but triple flights a day ain't no easy job either.

fcw

Post by fcw »

Vinnie-Winnie wrote:
As I said before no way will they fly to LDN market too saturated!

:P
They are flying 12 times a day AMS/LONDON, so why not BRU?
MAD/BRU was supposed to be the first EZY into BRU, but FR starting MAD/CRL might change that plan.
Don't forget that the Australian shareholder of BRU is also an important EZY shareholder...

fcw

Post by fcw »

AirDupont wrote:.
It's true that EZY's flight attendants are well paid but triple flights a day ain't no easy job either.
They work pretty hard indeed, but they are limited by UK CAA duty limits.
eg max 900 hrs yearly, or an average of 75/month. They work 6on/3 off and have 6 times 12 days of leave a year.

pressman

Post by pressman »

Those figures are for pilots - not for CC . They work more .

PNC

Post by PNC »

If Easy jet is coming to Brussels, it will be definatly not good for BruAir. If I have to choice, I definatly choice to fly on an nice airbus 319 and not an Avro. B light is the same concept anyway to BRuair pax...

fcw

Post by fcw »

pressman wrote:Those figures are for pilots - not for CC . They work more .
In the UK the anual duty limit is the same for pilots as for cabin crew. In the daily limit there is an hour difference

Vinnie-Winnie

Post by Vinnie-Winnie »

AirDupont wrote:Oversaturated? How about Eg. LDN-GVA flights??????
Cause there is nothing called eurostar between Geneva and London!
fcw wrote:They are flying 12 times a day AMS/LONDON, so why not BRU?
Bis repetita!

Don't forget Ryanair, which has a leaner cost structure, tried from CRL to STN and never pursued the experience...

With a further half an hour knocked off the journey in Nov 2007 can anyone tell me how Easyjet will recoup its costs?

Avro

Post by Avro »

I wouldn't be surprised to see EZY open a small base in Brussles in the future. As said before in this topic they had a gentlmen's agreement with VEX. And AFAIK EZY was already interested in the BRU market in the past.

Now that VEX has officialy vanished it's the right opportunity for the orange airline to come to BRU. I would be very happy to finally see a real low cost having some sort of base in BRU. Let's hope it happens...

As for the competition with brussels airlines... as long as it's a "friendly" competition I don't mind. Shooting in each ones leg would be sad but a sain competition is always welcome.
If I have to choice, I definatly choice to fly on an nice airbus 319 and not an Avro.
Don't forget that brussels airlines would have the "lowest fare guaranteed" concept :) could be funny on some potential EZY destinations ;)

Anyway, finished with the dreaming now.....

Chris

Atlantis

Post by Atlantis »

Easyjet is looking for flights out of BRU to Luton, Geneva and Madrid.

IF they come to BRU in 2007 it will be not before July 2007.

snowbird

Post by snowbird »

Heard from well informed resources that EZS filed slots for two daily flights to GVA and EZY slots for two daily flights with the routing to MAD. At GVA and MAD they filed slots with the same flightnumbers and times. So I think that EZY is rather seriuous in considering flying to BRU.
Man must be reminded that many carriers requests a bunch slots for the summer and that they will decide later to operate or not.
W'll see....