Easyjet to Brussels summer 07???

Join this forum to discuss the latest news that happened in the world of commercial aviation.

Moderator: Latest news team

FlyA330

Post by FlyA330 »

What will Brussels Airlines do with the guaranteed lowest price for their B Light?
If Easy lowers the price then BA will have to do that also. I think the big problem is that Brussels Airlines will not be able to do this for a very long time since their company structure is not optimised for Low-Cost.

blackhawk

Post by blackhawk »

FlyA330 wrote:What will Brussels Airlines do with the guaranteed lowest price for their B Light?
If Easy lowers the price then BA will have to do that also. I think the big problem is that Brussels Airlines will not be able to do this for a very long time since their company structure is not optimised for Low-Cost.
Only if the easyjet-flight wil leave 30 minutes before or 30 minutes after de Brussels-flight.

fcw

Post by fcw »

blackhawk wrote:
FlyA330 wrote:What will Brussels Airlines do with the guaranteed lowest price for their B Light?
Only if the easyjet-flight wil leave 30 minutes before or 30 minutes after de Brussels-flight.
The lowest price guarantee of BruAir is a big joke. Easy leaves 35 min later so not applicable...

A318

Post by A318 »

Brussels airlines don't have to worry, same thing happened in AMS and see how things go now.
SPL got there own low cost gates (H) where BMI Baby, Easyjet, Sky, Jet2 and others are now boarding.
KLM is not having any impact on the fact that the lcc are now at SPL. They did lower their prices but believe me, even a lcc is nice to travel for just a little more €€€ a lot of passengers are chosing klm due to their service and much better seating. As long as SNBA keeps their service and seating the way it is their will be place enough for both carriers in BRU.

Greetz,

Erwin
A Whole Different Animal

fcw

Post by fcw »

A318 wrote: As long as SNBA keeps their service and seating the way it is their will be place enough for both carriers in BRU.
BruAir Light is dropping the service and seating in the BruAir 737 is exactly the same as in the Easy 737, so why pay more?

JonaLX

Post by JonaLX »

yep, no service anymore...

But according to them, their cheapest ticket (50€ all inclusive) only brings 5€ in their pocket (the rest are taxes), how could easyjet compete ;)

Boeing767copilot

Post by Boeing767copilot »

Darjeeling

Post by Darjeeling »

A318 wrote:Brussels airlines don't have to worry, same thing happened in AMS and see how things go now.
SPL got there own low cost gates (H) where BMI Baby, Easyjet, Sky, Jet2 and others are now boarding.
KLM is not having any impact on the fact that the lcc are now at SPL. They did lower their prices but believe me, even a lcc is nice to travel for just a little more €€€ a lot of passengers are chosing klm due to their service and much better seating. As long as SNBA keeps their service and seating the way it is their will be place enough for both carriers in BRU.

Greetz,

Erwin
Yes but KLM has a very strong long-haul offer... generating a lot of transit pax traffic. That's the major difference.

A318

Post by A318 »

If BrusselsAir light is offering the same low service as Easyjet the passenger will look at price and departure and arrival time.
Main target is to choose the best slots for competing destinations.
On the other hand, EasyJet is in this business pretty long time and knows how to play the game.
Sure, KLM is a long haul carrier and lots of "regional" flgihts are feeder flights. However I am looking at major routes like BCN, MAD and see all carriers are having full loads of pax. Vueling doing great on the route, so is Transavia and KLM. Iberia is having lots of passengers and soon will have clickair. It all depence on price, service, dep and arr time.
Playing the game by the rules will be good for all parties and also Brussels Air will have their pax on board.

Greetz,

Erwin
A Whole Different Animal

Atlantis

Post by Atlantis »

Its now announced official by Easyjet that they are going to start on 29 June with flights from BRU.

regi

Post by regi »

only to Geneva. Making Brussels just a destination, not a hub. Let us stay positive and say : not yet.

airazurxtror

Post by airazurxtror »

François Bacchetta, easyJet manager for France and Benelux in "Le Soir" this morning :
- From next september, we'll go from one to two daily flights GVA-BRU.
- At present, there are 7 daily flights to GVA, flown monopolistically by one company, we think there is a market for lower prices.
- We have elected to fly to BRU, not CRL, as we don't carry our passengers from an airport to another, but from a city to another...(a stone in Ryanair's garden !)
- Economically speaking, it doesn't make sense to do all that publicity on a single line, with 156 seats a day. We consider opening other lines. But it will be made progressively, no early massive set up at BRU.

A spokesman for Brussels Airlines :
- If esayJet is less expensive than us, we repay the difference.

Indeed ?

sn26567

Post by sn26567 »

airazurxtror wrote:At present, there are 7 daily flights to GVA, flown monopolistically by one company, we think there is a market for lower prices.
And BRU-GVA is said to be the only profitable European route for SN. They will suffer from the arrival of easyJet!
André
ex Sabena #26567

Dude320

Post by Dude320 »

Let the battle begin... 8) 8)

At the end it is only good for us, customer who will pay less to do
competetion on the same routes...

Great to see a new airline coming into BRU !! :P :P

danieln

Post by danieln »

Maybe a stupid remark, but when I look at the EZY-timetable for Brussels, I notice that they have a 25-minute turnaround time. Is'n that short for an airport like BRU?

speedbird1

Post by speedbird1 »

danieln wrote:Maybe a stupid remark, but when I look at the EZY-timetable for Brussels, I notice that they have a 25-minute turnaround time. Is'n that short for an airport like BRU?
Pretty standard for good lo-cost carriers (Easyjet, Ryanair etc) The aircraft doesn't make money sitting on the ground!

Emirates
Last edited by speedbird1 on 28 Feb 2007, 20:23, edited 1 time in total.

fcw

Post by fcw »

airazurxtror wrote: A spokesman for Brussels Airlines :
- If easyJet is less expensive than us, we repay the difference.

Just had a look at BruAir en Easy websites:

GVA-BRU-GVA:
BruAir taxes 122CHF
Easy taxes 54CHF (+11.50 if you use a credit card)
Looks like BruAir is cheating on the taxes, which is not nice if you claim to offer the lowest price. :shock:
I know you have plenty of taxes, but is it allowed in belgium to make a profit on taxes?

sn26567

Post by sn26567 »

fcw wrote:GVA-BRU-GVA:
BruAir taxes 122CHF
Easy taxes 54CHF (+11.50 if you use a credit card)
Looks like BruAir is cheating on the taxes, which is not nice if you claim to offer the lowest price. :shock:
I know you have plenty of taxes, but is it allowed in belgium to make a profit on taxes?
Many 'traditional' airlines consider the fuel surcharges imposed by themselves as taxes. Consumer unions are fighting to have them included in the basic fare, which is the fairest way to consider them. Do you pay a fuel surcharge in addition to the fare when you travel by bus?
André
ex Sabena #26567

Mudvayne

Post by Mudvayne »

danieln wrote:Maybe a stupid remark, but when I look at the EZY-timetable for Brussels, I notice that they have a 25-minute turnaround time. Is'n that short for an airport like BRU?
25 minutes is a very standard turnaround for ezy...It's not really the size of the airport that has influence on the turnaround time, but the handling.

For example Amsterdam has a 25 minute turnaround, while you have 35 minutes (or even more) in Naples ( Italian handling compared to Belgian/Dutch handling)... Berlin (SXF), Glasgow and Belfast even have 20 minute turnarounds... It also depends on how many exits they use for boarding... having 2 stairs attached to the aircraft or a single bridge makes a big difference in boarding time
Last edited by Mudvayne on 01 Mar 2007, 18:02, edited 2 times in total.

EBAW_flyer

Post by EBAW_flyer »

Then I hope for them they bring their own handling staff! :lol: