Summer 2007: Daily BOM-BRU-EWR operated by Jet Airways

Join this forum to discuss the latest news that happened in the world of commercial aviation.

Moderator: Latest news team

Atlantis

Summer 2007: Daily BOM-BRU-EWR operated by Jet Airways

Post by Atlantis »

Our Belgian delegation, it was a trade mission, ended its mission in Mumbai. One of the last meetings was with the minister of transport.

I'm not going to tell what the goal was for this mission but important is that Belgium wants to attract a lot of business people and investors from India. To bring them to Belgium they need a direct flight.
Normally next year March, April Jet airways had their inaugural flight to Brussels. But the India minister of Transport confirmed that Jet airways will land before the end of this year on Belgian soil.

But with kind of aircraft? The B777 will be delivered next year. Maybe a 330 or 340 till the 777 arrives?

SN30952

Post by SN30952 »

Nothing tangible yet...

PAA

Post by PAA »

I'm not going to tell what the goal was for this mission
Hey Atlantis, would that have anything to do with http://www.euindiaaviationsummit.com

Atlantis

Post by Atlantis »

@ PAA

No, Belgium was presenting their "interesting" taxes and loans for foreign countries. They want to attract more business from India to Belgium and this at interesting conditions. This was one of the topics of course.

@ SN30952

I expected that the Jet Airways site was not up dated. It was the minister of Transport who promised to start this year flights to Brussels. This means that they have to negociate with Jet Airways. It was way too early to up date that site because there is still no official announcement of Jet itselfs.

Jean

Post by Jean »

If only i could believe you!

Some airline that installs a large sales office, and then chooses NOT to fly to Brussels :roll:

OrientThai

Post by OrientThai »

Well to me, it seems very unlikely that 9W will fly to BRU before the end of the year. Here are a few remarks:
Jet Airways is a privately owned company so I think what the minister says will have very little impact on 9W decision when to fly to BRU.
Moreover they won't have available airplanes to start the route before 2007 and 6 weeks seems a bit too short to set-up the new service (ground staff, advertising...).
This is not the first time that a Belgian delegation has announced they have had a contract with a new airline for BRU (Qatar, Japan, South Africa...) and we're still waiting...
Jet Airways will come, but give them more time so this service can be successful, probably by April 2007.

Atlantis

Post by Atlantis »

Like I said in this topic and other topics, Jet Airways will come to Bru in March or April daily with a B777.

I was even surprised as you to hear that they will come before the end of this year. That's why a ask what kind of aircraft they would use, A330 or A340? But both of them are heavy used on the London routes, etc.

But on the other hand I gave this info after the visit of our Belgian delegation and this topic on the news.

Vinnie-Winnie

Post by Vinnie-Winnie »

Jean wrote:If only i could believe you!

Some airline that installs a large sales office, and then chooses NOT to fly to Brussels :roll:
Cause firms in the world genuinely like our knowledge of languages!

Good news though hopefully this news will materialize! Surely a 777 is too big though. Then again as my Indian mates here at Uni have told me margins are wafer thin to the UK! So flying to BRU might be a nice alternative to tap a small maybe high yielding market!

carlcat

When Jet airways will be comming ?

Post by carlcat »

They will get the B777 by march next year , time to register , test them and we will be may to start flights .

Those who say from Belgian officials they think they have contracts- promesses with foreign airlines are right . So dont trust politicians , they dont know the reality and very probably the minister of transport told it to our officials to please them and send them back to Belgium with good feelings .

SN30952

Post by SN30952 »

OrientThai wrote: This is not the first time that a Belgian delegation has announced they have had a contract with a new airline for BRU (Qatar, Japan, South Africa...) and we're still waiting...
Glad to hear you distrust these Liberal Excellencies as much as I do, Orienthai.
They probably feel guilty of the Sabena murder, that they get haunted by it nightly and hopefully for decades to come. That's why they promise new airlines to come to Brussels? But political promises are not the ones airlines likes to surf on, particularly coming from "excellencies" of that reputation in the business. Maybe they can take the voters for idiots or ignorants, but not the aviation business circles.
OrientThai wrote:Jet Airways will come, but give them more time so this service can be successful, probably by April 2007.
It would be nice if that flight would connect to their newly projected daily Bangkok flights. The sooner the better.

blackhawk

Post by blackhawk »

http://www.tijd.be/mijn_nieuws/artikel.asp?Id=2531802

It's official: as of next summer daily flights between Mumbai-Brussels-Newark

SN30952

Post by SN30952 »

blackhawk wrote:It's official: as of next summer daily flights between Mumbai-Brussels-Newark
Atlantis wrote:But the India minister of Transport confirmed that Jet airways will land before the end of this year on Belgian soil.
That still ain't the same :?: The only season left this year is winter....

Flying-Belgian

Post by Flying-Belgian »

:arrow: Some major corporate travel agents have received the visit of 9W'sales team members. They will fly from Brussels, it's just a matter of having the airplanes delivered since UK was the first priority for 9W (and the U.S of course...).
In fact 9W BRU office has been active for more than year now !

The plane should be the 777. But it's not yet confirmed.

FB.

website-info

Post by website-info »

blackhawk wrote:http://www.tijd.be/mijn_nieuws/artikel.asp?Id=2531802

It's official: as of next summer daily flights between Mumbai-Brussels-Newark
Guys ,
its definately not going to Newark, it will be a stand alone BOM-BRU-BOM service :wink:

Tony

Atlantis

Post by Atlantis »

As we all know it was (is) not easy for Jet Airways to start up this new route.

It is already two years ago that Jet announced to start the service to Brussels and Newark. Due to problems in the US and due to lack of long haul aircrafts they suspended this new service.

On 25 October 2005 they ordered 10 A330 (200 and 300) and an option of 10 more A330. The start of the delivery is the first quarter of 2007. They will use those aircrafts on regional and international routes.

As I read the new article on the VRT site they now only speak about the route Mumbai - Brussels. No word about Newark.
Last year it was an option of Jet to start only BOM - BRU if the problems were not solved in the US.

This means that a B777 is too big for BRU. An A330 is a better option.
Don't forget the the routes from India to London are still not profitable although it was important for Jet to start this route. But we have also to say that there is a huge competition on those routes.

Let us wait till 9W itselfs announced when they will start and with kind of equipment.

Atlantis

Post by Atlantis »

More info:

Jet Airways will start next year 4 international services.

Delhi - Dusseldorf - Toronto: starting around September

Delhi - Hong Kong - Toronto: starting around July

Mumbai - Brussels - Newark: starting around October

Mumbai - Shangai - San Francisco: starting around October

Source: Timesofindia.

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/NEWS ... 421455.cms

SN30952

Why the feet-dragging?

Post by SN30952 »

If Jet has security clearance in India, why the feet-dragging? The airline has been given permission to operate in India by the government, so why are we delaying the issue?” Patel said in support of Jet. “Procedures have to be followed. Issues are being resolved between the governments,” the Indian civil aviation minister Praful Patel added vociferous at the MoU signing function in expressing his view that if Jet was secure in India, there should not be any security problem in it flying to the US.

According to a ministry source, as things stand today, the US government is awaiting the response of the Indian government on its various clarifications. “It has nothing to do with the civil aviation ministry. The matter seems to be with the external affairs ministry,” said the ministry official.

If the US DoT clears Jet’s application, the airline has plans to reportedly start four international flights to the US, Canada and China with its wide-bodied aircraft, which will be delivered by summer next year. Currently, except for Air India no other Indian carriers are flying to the US.

Kapitein

Post by Kapitein »

Has Jet Airways only 77W on order or also the 772/ER?

Atlantis

Post by Atlantis »

Brubiac wrote:Has Jet Airways only 77W on order or also the 772/ER?
Brubiac,

they had ordered in August 2005, 10 B777-300ER

Jean

Post by Jean »

Atlantis wrote:As we all know it was (is) not easy for Jet Airways to start up this new route.

It is already two years ago that Jet announced to start the service to Brussels and Newark. Due to problems in the US and due to lack of long haul aircrafts they suspended this new service.

On 25 October 2005 they ordered 10 A330 (200 and 300) and an option of 10 more A330. The start of the delivery is the first quarter of 2007. They will use those aircrafts on regional and international routes.

As I read the new article on the VRT site they now only speak about the route Mumbai - Brussels. No word about Newark.
Last year it was an option of Jet to start only BOM - BRU if the problems were not solved in the US.

This means that a B777 is too big for BRU. An A330 is a better option.
Don't forget the the routes from India to London are still not profitable although it was important for Jet to start this route. But we have also to say that there is a huge competition on those routes.

Let us wait till 9W itselfs announced when they will start and with kind of equipment.
As far as i'm concerned, they have lost huge amount of credibility by shouting they will arrange a flight on Brussels and then make the tourist industry and everybody wait for a good 2 years. The airline should sort things out better then this, not professional at all. I know of staff in the 9W sales agency leaving the airline due to this lousy way of working.

Anyway, it will be another step in the right direction for our Brussels airport and i'm glad Jet finally will come by our country.