Brussels airlines: logo and colours

Join this forum to discuss the latest news that happened in the world of commercial aviation.

Moderator: Latest news team

Atlantis

Post by Atlantis »

Sorry about my negativism but I don't understand you people.

We knew for a long time that the name Brussels Airlines was a possibility. There were pro's and contra's in that time, but nobody was totally breaking down the name like now. Could you tell me what's the difference between SN Brussels Airlines and Brussels Airlines. Are the first two letters that important to make it or not? Get real!!!!
When you were flying with a code share partner they sometimes don't even speak out the "SN" and they just say Brussels Airlines.

Second tought. On 6 November the A319 is coming back from its week and a half to two weeks stay at QAPS. Do you really believe that it takes that long to put it in just white with a small logo and Brussels Airlines titles?
The A330's in Switserland received their total packet in a few days!!!!!!

I don't know what the name and logo will be. I wait till 7 November. But what's more important: an airline that's doing well or an airline that needs a new identity because nobody knows it. I'm more concerned about the future of this airline. I don't care what the name will be, but they have to fly. More to Africa, Middle-East and Canada and get rid of some loosing European routes.

That's my point of view.

tolipanebas

Post by tolipanebas »

I think most of the negativism is not so much about the name, because like you've said Brussels Airlines was widely expected and as it is a simplification of the current name, it definitely is a step in the good direction, although it would have been better to find something shorter maybe...

I think people are really dissatified with the LOGO however! Seems NOBODY can believe they will drop one of the most beautiful logo's in the world for something as ordinary as what we have seen so far...

But you are right, what this airline realy needs is not a new name and logo, but an end to its obsession to focus on Europe with a pseudo low cost model which just doesn't work like VEX has shown...

They really need to turn SN into a sort of TP or AY, with a European feeder network dedicated to a limited long haul network focussed on one region of the world only (TP focusses on Brasil, AY on south east Asia and SN on Africa), because this is the only way for SN to justify its exisitance. They will always be more expensive than a real low cost like FR just by their scale and in today's competitive market, you're doomed if you are not the best in what you are doing, so better not try to fight a lost battle...

fcw

Post by fcw »

Tolipanebas and Atlantis are so wright this is not about a simple change of colours and name, this is a last attempt to survive and it better be a good one...

TWA

Post by TWA »

Cartman wrote:... maybe everyone has been fooled all that time and the new name is Chumbajakka Airlines

Hmmm...not bad at all...sounds better than the other one :lol: .

TCAS_climb

Post by TCAS_climb »

The length of stay at QAPS doesn't mean anything as far as the painting is concerned. 99,5% of the time aircraft are painted during or after scheduled maintenance is being performed.

(yes, these stats are official)
:lol:

Concerning the name, I didn't like "SN Brussels Airlines" in the first place. Removing "SN" doesn't make much difference. It's so dull ! Flying with "SN Steenokorzeel Airlines" was as exciting as flying with a kazakh charter airline and I'm glad the ticket was paid by someone else.

teach

Post by teach »

The length of stay at QAPS doesn't mean anything as far as the painting is concerned. 99,5% of the time aircraft are painted during or after scheduled maintenance is being performed.
QAPS only paints planes, they don't do maintenance.

Scoezie

Brussels Airlines

Post by Scoezie »

I remember in the beginning of SN Brussels Airlines, that there were rumours to drop the SN in a few years and eventually continue with Brussels Airlines. That is why on te original livery of the A330's the SN letters were painted in a very light blue colour. So the new name is not really a surprise. But hey, let's wait till tuesday, maybe it is not so bad afterall, and the name is just a package. I'm more concerned about their strategy for the future.

TCAS_climb

Post by TCAS_climb »

teach wrote:QAPS only paints planes, they don't do maintenance.
Oh, really ? At EBACE they were introducing themselves as a paint shop and a maintenance organisation. I can't find them in my list of Part 145 organisations, so you're probably right.

Maybe they'll repaint the aircraft in full SABENA colors, take pictures and leak them on the Net before starting all over again (hence the long painting/drying time). Just to keep the journos focused on them and get free advertising !
;) :lol:

Anarki

Re: Brussels Airlines

Post by Anarki »

Scoezie wrote:I remember in the beginning of SN Brussels Airlines, that there were rumours to drop the SN in a few years and eventually continue with Brussels Airlines. That is why on te original livery of the A330's the SN letters were painted in a very light blue colour. So the new name is not really a surprise. But hey, let's wait till tuesday, maybe it is not so bad afterall, and the name is just a package. I'm more concerned about their strategy for the future.
Very light ? Really ?
-> http://www.airliners.net/open.file/1132636/L/ :wink:

I don't like this "new name", removing de SN and the "S" it's very bad !
We will forget Sabena and his history... so bad... :(

Please, never let us forget : Sabena's Last Flight

Skystef

Post by Skystef »

If true, lets wait till the 7th, at least the capital of Europe gets some good and cheap advertising: Brussels airport & Brussels airlines. But one small but not so unimportant remark: I wonder how the Brussels polititians will act in their current unwill of getting some additional flights & the threat of penalties on noice? If the unwill remains its just another typical Belgian joke.

For me, Sabena is past and is something to treasure, so best is to let it be. A revival of such well known name doesn't work in 99,9% of the cases. For example, in airline business check out the history of all kind of Pan Ams, Braniffs, etc...

fly

Post by fly »

don't think it will be Brussels Airlines because the company that designed SN Brussels Airlines also logged the website beairlines.com, they also registered the brand. beairlines stands for Brussels European airlines.
that proves that they registered different brands.
so it could be anything.

Patatje_

Post by Patatje_ »

TCAS_climb wrote:
teach wrote:QAPS only paints planes, they don't do maintenance.
Oh, really ? At EBACE they were introducing themselves as a paint shop and a maintenance organisation. I can't find them in my list of Part 145 organisations, so you're probably right.

Maybe they'll repaint the aircraft in full SABENA colors, take pictures and leak them on the Net before starting all over again (hence the long painting/drying time). Just to keep the journos focused on them and get free advertising !
;) :lol:

If you see pictures of aircraft inside the hanger of QAPS, you will notice that the aircraft is closed, taped up, protected,...
There is no mechanic in the world that would work on an aircraft in that condition! Also the hanger is not foreseen to do maintenance... As a mechanic you need a lot more to do maintenance than just a hanger...

the only work performed at QAPS by technics is done at the incomming: deflate the gear struts en remove the wing tips (otherwise the A/C doesn't fit in the hanger), and at the outgoing to place placards (door opening instructions etc..) and inspect the aircraft before flight!
greetz

tolipanebas

Post by tolipanebas »

fly wrote:don't think it will be Brussels Airlines because the company that designed SN Brussels Airlines also logged the website beairlines.com, and registered the brand: beairlines stands for Brussels European airlines.
that proves that they registered different brands.
so it could be anything.
First of all, the company which came up with the name SN Brussels Airlines (Minalny Design Strategy or something like that) is NOT the company which is doing the rebranding of SN/VEX now, so them registering airline brands was merely a precaution in case they would have been asked to take on the job.

I remember an interview with the designer of the bureau shortly after the merger was announced in which he said to have a few ideas like brussels-express (amongst others). Asked if this was not a bit stupid to just give away their ideas to possible competitors, he said they had taken their precautions and pre-registered a set of possible names.

I think beairlines is just one of these... since it belongs to the bureau which does NOT do the rebranding, it is automatically disqualified.

Telspace

Post by Telspace »

Hi,

Hope they did not pay anyone or company to come out with a such stupid logo.
Thought that Belgians had more creativity.
Don't know what to invent to loose market or go bankcrupt.
Shape up Belgium !

Denis

afterburner

Post by afterburner »

I'm completly desappointed non only by the new denomination but also by the logo. Just on thing to say : HORRIBLE !

sinclair

Post by sinclair »

:D
hi,
wants some news?
s tail will remain but filled with yello strips and it is not brussels airlines.

there is for the presentation an a319 and for the moment a 737 is in painting process.
pour que le ciel soit la plus belle place sur terre
dixit AF

sn26567

Post by sn26567 »

sinclair wrote:S-tail will remain but filled with yellow strips and it is not brussels airlines.

There is for the presentation an a319 and for the moment a 737 is in painting process.
What are your sources?
André
ex Sabena #26567

ERICAIRLINES

Post by ERICAIRLINES »

As an ex Sabénien,please let's hope this new company will NOT be named Sabena...just to respect the memory of the true Sabena...Sabena died 5 years ago(or was killed by missmanagement and SR Corti Danone policy)...we don't really care about the name of this ''new'' company...we can already all understand,that it will be once again a company with no real ambition to expand...they will cut routes in Europe and focus on Africa only for the long haul...by no mean it will ever be a 'global' company again with and 'hub and spoke' at BRU...Bru is lacking of a real home carrier,but now it is too late...the only hope for this rebranded cy is to be bought one day (2008,2009?)by BA...which will take advantage of a new continental airport in the capital of Europe....and expand as a second LHR Euroterminal...it is no secret,that the shareowners of SNBA are just making it ready to be sold and to take their money back with if possible a nice premium....One World is the only option left for this new company,as AF-KL and skyteam are not possible due to the fact that CDG and AMS are so close of BRU.
Do you know that as of 2008,KL will cancel flights from bru to ams to use Thalys,pax checking in at BMI(Brussels Midi-Zuid)as do AF ones for the moment.Travel time will be reduced to 1h16 min to schipol.
But thalys is terminating his contract with AF as 01/04/07,pax will be boarded on pure sncf tgv/hst trains,but not on thalys anymore...
Though AF and Kl will have their..Bxl hub at gare du midi...
Pax leaving bru and bmi by thousands..one more lost occasion for BRU.
Back to sn,a partnership with star alliance is also impossible as LH has no need of SN as they are already shutteling via FRA and MUC...
Don't forget that frequent flyers programs are also important when it is time to choose an airline,mainly for C/Z/D class pax...corporate contracts
are also logging big companies with Star and Skyteam airlines...in other words it is quiet impossible for SN to get those very important business pax back ..though no real expansion is possible without a very big partner like BA,the only one which could be interested by sn in a near future,as LHR is lacking of space and slots for any further expansion in the years 2010 and beyond...
In summary,this new company will be a transition to two possible issues....total failure,and no more belgian carrier at Bru..or a full take over by BA...
Wait and see...future is everything but bright...after 5 years,we did not see vey big changes ....

teach

Post by teach »

Don't you just love the typically Belgian doomsday thinking here? I mean, you haven't even seen the business plan, seen the livery, or, well, ANYthing for that matter, besides a logo, and already you're out in force to predict the failure of the airline???

That's quite simply pathetic.

TWA

Post by TWA »

I heard that it will be the B733 OO-VEG who will be fitted with winglets, painted in the new colors and presented to the public together with an A319.