Brussels airlines: logo and colours

Join this forum to discuss the latest news that happened in the world of commercial aviation.

Moderator: Latest news team

fille

Post by fille »

fille wrote:
Avro wrote:If the logo which MSN is presenting is the one which will be used then I'd like to take back what I said previously about the new logo. The dotted "B" on a dark blue background looks quite nice and much better than on a white background. It's amazing what a background colour can do to a design !!

Looking forward to see OO-SSG tonight :-) Is 21h45 the departure time in AMS ?

Chris
21.45 is arrival time
delayed until 23 u 05

Jazzy

Post by Jazzy »

Does somebody have spotter contacts in AMS? A friend told me the plane is standing outside at qaps now. As usual this type of friend doesnt carry a camera :twisted:

AlexanderM

Post by AlexanderM »

I must say I really don't like the logo and name, if it's going to be Brussels Airlines. That logo would suit for a motorway restaurant, not for an airline. :(

Cartman

Post by Cartman »

The information in the flight tracking system (or whatever it's called) from FlightCare reveiled that OO-SSG will arrive as SN6004 7nov06 at 9000. That would mean that it will land during the press conference? Would give some nice pics though...

FANFLYER

Post by FANFLYER »

Goodevening,
A press conference at 0900 am. in't that a bit too early for the "'big shots" ?
Greetz, Karl

Ardinerk

Post by Ardinerk »

You can watch streaming webcams from Schiphol International Airport Netherlands, runway 06 24, Kaagbaan and gates D and E.

http://webcam.ambulancesite.nl/

Badabing

Post by Badabing »

Airbus330lover wrote:More important...... communication of the business plan
That seems to be the main course of the package that will be revealed tomorrow. I suspect that interesting times are ahead !

Bottie

Post by Bottie »

Cartman wrote:The information in the flight tracking system (or whatever it's called) from FlightCare reveiled that OO-SSG will arrive as SN6004 7nov06 at 9000. That would mean that it will land during the press conference? Would give some nice pics though...

Indeed, departure is planned at 0805 at AMS, that's about 0900 arriving at brussels.

Cartman

Post by Cartman »

OK, let's suppose the name and logo are known now. Doesn't look too bad on the dark background etc etc...

But I'm still stuck with some practical questions (read: things that passengers do not care about, but luchtzakkers do).

- Flightnumbers: will SN be kept and will TV disappear? Or will there be a totally new code? BA and BR are already taken...

- Aircraft reg nrs: will OO-VEK and the other TV regs remain? Or will they be changed to OO-DWx or OO-SSx?

- Callsign: If the S-tail dissapears, will the callsign also change? And if yes, will it be B-tail or something?

- Will SNBA technics change name?

- Will something change regarding to the codeshare with British Airways, Iberia, Finnair, American Airlines...?

Omikros

Post by Omikros »

This new logo, the 'b', could be used for a Belgian post office, it would be much better! But not for a National Airline...Anyway, I still hope someone will tell me they changed their minds and rename SNBA to Sabena.

Atlantis

Post by Atlantis »

blackbox wrote:I'm certainly not a pro, but it's amazing what you can do with photoshop... :wink:

Wouldn't this be nice?

(the design is not mine (I had this image on my pc and I don't remember where it came from), I just switched 'sabena' with brussels airlines and the s-tail with a b-tail)
This is practical the same livery as the new Cameroon airline Axis International Lines who will start flights from Douala to Brussels within a month.

website-info

Post by website-info »

Cartman wrote:The information in the flight tracking system (or whatever it's called) from FlightCare reveiled that OO-SSG will arrive as SN6004 7nov06 at 9000. That would mean that it will land during the press conference? Would give some nice pics though...

SN6004 etd AMS 2230lt / 06Nov eta BRU 2250lt / 06Nov

Avro

Post by Avro »

website-info wrote:

SN6004 etd AMS 2230lt / 06Nov eta BRU 2250lt / 06Nov
Thanks for the update T ;) It's seems they are changing schedule all the time to persuate the spotters not to come ;)

Chris

Dude320

Post by Dude320 »

If you spot the plane or not, it will be totally white... :!: :!:

The livery will be only shown at the press conference. :( :(

blackhawk

Post by blackhawk »

http://www.brusselsairlines.com/ seems to be down ... All the other SN-websites are up ...

Anarki

Post by Anarki »

blackhawk wrote:http://www.brusselsairlines.com/ seems to be down ... All the other SN-websites are up ...
It was http://www.brusselsairlines.be no ? ...

Edit: -> http://www.lalibre.be/article.phtml?id= ... _id=311236

AirDupont

Post by AirDupont »

I think all the regs have to stay the way they are? Isn't there some rule saying this??? That was also the reason why TUI couldn't change VAS and VAC???

fokker_f27

Post by fokker_f27 »

@Dude320: Why should it be white? There is no repainting service in Brussels, so the reason it had to be shipped to AMS is so it could be repainted. The reason it arrives so late is probably so noone would be out to take a 'sneak peek'.
@AirDupont: I'm pretty sure they can change registrations as often as they want. It's just that it's a waste of money to re-register it if it'll stay in the same country.
The most sexy girl in the sky: The Sud-Est Caravelle 12.

eurofighter

Post by eurofighter »

I will be in Brussels airport tomorrow at about 10h30 just after the announcement. I hope to see the plane with the new livery and I hope B-A will have a special celebration in the business lounge for their frequent travellers!

I kind of like the new name. It's simple and straightforward.

Atlantis

Post by Atlantis »

Is there somebody who knows when exactly is the ceremony? Morning, noon??