Brussels airlines: logo and colours

Join this forum to discuss the latest news that happened in the world of commercial aviation.

Moderator: Latest news team

b-west

Brussels airlines: logo and colours

Post by b-west »

This topic is intended to discuss the new logo and colours of brussels airlines

Flemish newspaper De Standaard reported the news as being official. The new name for SN Brussels Airlines would simply be Brussels Airlines. The newspaper claims this after the name "Brussels Airlines" was registered at the Benelux Bureau for Intellectual Property.

De Standaard also showed us the new logo for the company as well as a short explanation to the two new tickets, b-flex and b-light.

So it's BA afterall ;)

Here's the new logo according to De Standaard:

b-west

Post by b-west »

And for those wanting to read: the link to the registration

Interestingly enough the date of the registration is march 4 2006, while the date of the "depot" is october 30 2006. So the name has been decided some time ago?

unilitha

Post by unilitha »

In the case of it'll be true : It's so ugly ! I can't believe they did that ! Brussels Airlines isntead of Sabena or something better, that's all they could do ? ....WAW. And more, how will be the livery colors ? Just white with this ugly B ? Frankly they could have chosen better designers than those who created this .I'm gonna miss you SN

fcw

Post by fcw »

What a fuss for nothing. Two companies merge to avoid bankruptcy, no more no less! :idea:

SNam

Post by SNam »

A spokesman of SN said that this is one of the possibilities.
There are more names and logos registered.

Sam

teach

Post by teach »

De Standaard simply reported what was discovered (and subsequently deleted) right here on luchtzak yesterday. Before being deleted, it spread to airliners.net and then Flight International picked up on it. The rest is history.
A spokesman for SN said that this is one of the possibilities.
There are more names and logos registered.
Actually, Brussels Airlines is the only one registered. The logo is also the only one registered by SN Airholding. You can look it up yourself here: http://www.boip.int/nl/merken/actionSearchRegister.html

ERICAIRLINES

Post by ERICAIRLINES »

It is very ugly....lokks like a third world airline....pfffff !!!
What a shame for Belgium...probably to the intervention of vex people inside the new merged company....

Stupid name,stupid logo,no real expansion policy .....you need to be movated to work for snba

fokker_f27

Post by fokker_f27 »

Pretty sure that this is the name. Those sick bags and safety cards reported by the VEX employees where pretty good evidence to me.
I'm really disappointed. SN used to have a really good identity. Great service, a cool logo and livery, ... But now it is all ruined. :cry:
The most sexy girl in the sky: The Sud-Est Caravelle 12.

sn26567

Re: Newspapers claim it's official: Brussels Airlines

Post by sn26567 »

b-west wrote:Flemish newspaper De Standaard reported the news as being official. The new name for SN Brussels Airlines would simply be Brussels Airlines.
This was already reported in La Libre Belgique and Le Soir one day earlier. The only addition from De Standaard is the logo, picked up from the Cabinet that registered it.
André
ex Sabena #26567

airbuske

Post by airbuske »

What will happen with the Virgin Express website next week?
Will you be directed to the "new" site of new company ?
Best regards,

Airbuske

Zorba

Post by Zorba »

If they use that logo it has gone pretty bad with the new airline ... just ugly :?
Tot hier en verder

BrightCedars

Not that bad

Post by BrightCedars »

Well, if this is the true choice, and we'll know this for sure only when that A319 is rolled out for the unveiling ceremony, I have to say I find it quite nice. The name is right: it is the airline of Brussels. No more, no less.

The logo is a stylized identity related to B which means Brussels but also Belgium. It reminds me the B of the Baudouin foundation in its strokes.

Now what I really hope for is that the jets will not end up all white with the B on the tail (will it be mirrored on each side?) with the lettering in blue somewhere on the fuselage. I really hope that they will bless us with an inventive, creative and vivid fuselage.

Now let's find out about the business plan of "Brussels Airlines", that's were we may learn new things. Long live... Ha, and which IATA code are they going to choose? My guess is SN. TV will be relinquished and things will be like some big heads thought of them 5 years ago: dropping the SN on the fuselage, merging both players, and flying as Brussels Airlines.

PS: I'm a bit confused the moderators decided to lock the other threat on the topic only days prior to the announcement. I hope this one lasts.

TWA

Post by TWA »

The red B looks more like a Virgin V: VERY CONFUSING

Definitly NOT a catchy logo, how much did it cost? My children can do the same "B" with their dot-pencil.
But then again, I don't have to like it, but I hope the passengers will.

(I also silently hope that they are still misleading us...)
Last edited by TWA on 03 Nov 2006, 12:52, edited 1 time in total.

sn26567

Re: Not that bad

Post by sn26567 »

BrightCedars wrote:PS: I'm a bit confused the moderators decided to lock the other threat on the topic only days prior to the announcement. I hope this one lasts.
This was a carefully weighted decision. We did not want to disclose secrets before the official announcement. But now that the "secrets" have been leaked in the press, we feel relieved from our obligations.
André
ex Sabena #26567

eurojet

Post by eurojet »

Ufff, all those negative people and armchair managers here ... My opinion: good name, and if this is the logo, not bad at all. Why don't we all just wish good luck to the new company?!

bae146be

Post by bae146be »

I cannot understand if this is really the new identity of the company, including the logos, they gonna announce all this on the 7th of november, exactly 5 years after sabena went bankrupt. The only thing that reminds to big Sabena were the SN and the nice S on the tail. And all this will disappear during a big ceremony.
I think it's really hard and bad timing for all the people that loved sabena, to announce this on the 7th of November. It's not well-considered and a sarcastic.

Johan V

oh, what a nice first name...

Post by Johan V »

:( 'brussels airlines' it's the most HORRIBLE name I've ever heard...

Why not SABENA?????????? or Virgin??? :x :x :x :x :(

lumumba

Post by lumumba »

Hi everybody.
I think it's like every name some like it others not others want to go back to SABENA others want to forget it.
But the most important it's what there strategy will be because if they don't grow in Africa they will lose against A.F KLM.
regards
Patrice
Hasta la victoria siempre.

A318

Post by A318 »

Only one reaction....WHAT A MISSED CHANCE!!!!!!!!!
I get reminded again about this:

A Whole Different Animal

C_J

Post by C_J »

eurojet wrote:Ufff, all those negative people and armchair managers here ... My opinion: good name, and if this is the logo, not bad at all. Why don't we all just wish good luck to the new company?!
I agree! Actually, I like the new logo, and I don't understand people who're saying how ugly the name and logo are. Chill guys, I hope the new colourscheme looks better to you.