Brussels airlines: logo and colours

Join this forum to discuss the latest news that happened in the world of commercial aviation.

Moderator: Latest news team

fcw

Post by fcw »

Readr on PPRUNE:
SSG spotted with dark blue tail in AMS!

Tommypilot

Post by Tommypilot »

"Ericairlines", I hope your point of view and attitude was quite different (read opposite) when you worked for Sabena then now...

I am not pro SN, but at least give this "new" company a chance to find out its most future minded and best fitting (air)way...

By the way, I thought the IATA code for Brussels Midi was ZYR? (if I remember well)

Back on topic...still 2 days left and counting... :wink:
Tommy
The word "impossible" is not in my dictionary! - Napoleon Bonaparte

teach

Post by teach »

Yes, and they speak of a 'lighter-colored blueish' fuselage. Sounds a lot like the current scheme if you ask me...

ERICAIRLINES

Post by ERICAIRLINES »

BMI is the train industry code for Bruxelles Midi as PNO for paris nord.....i'm not wishing the failure of anyone please try to read the post till the end...

tolipanebas

Post by tolipanebas »

Anybody care to provide a link to the discussion on PPrune, so those interested can have a look at it?

Avro

Post by Avro »

So if I understand it correctly there are 2 A319's at QAPS and one 737 gettig winglets and the new paint as well (SN Technics ? ) ??

Can someone confirm this news ?

As for the rest of the speculations on the colours, it seems every source of rumour is confirming a rather colorful livery which is a good sign :)

Chris

Anarki

Post by Anarki »

fcw wrote:Readr on PPRUNE:
Where do you see that on PPRUNE ? :?

Patatje_

Post by Patatje_ »

only one 319, the others are still in service...

snkenny

Post by snkenny »

OOVEX

Post by OOVEX »

TWA wrote:I heard that it will be the B733 OO-VEG who will be fitted with winglets, painted in the new colors and presented to the public together with an A319.
OO-VEG is getting his winglets but will not be painted yet. First 737 in new colors will be OO-VEK. Paintjob somewhere second half of November.

babolat-blast

Post by babolat-blast »

Hehe, to me it looks like they've just seen the present SNBA livery, don't you think? Dark blue tail and ligth blue-ish livery...

fcw

Post by fcw »

babolat-blast wrote:Hehe, to me it looks like they've just seen the present SNBA livery, don't you think? Dark blue tail and ligth blue-ish livery...
Or that the new colours will be look like the old ones, and only the name and or logo will change

Avro

Post by Avro »

babolat-blast wrote:Hehe, to me it looks like they've just seen the present SNBA livery, don't you think? Dark blue tail and ligth blue-ish livery...
I agree with you that it would seem they saw the old livery but apparently the plane has been spotted with those colours yesterday !! The plane should already have the new colours !!

Just wait and see ;) We'll have a little preview tomorrow evening when the A319 arrives in Brussels.
BTW does someone has the exact ETA ?

Chris

Qwerty

Post by Qwerty »

I have confirmed from Virgin Exp that flights (spec. mine on june to rome) with Virgin Exp will be carried out with the red 737 and that a that time, the company's will have seperate schedules..

Atlantis

Post by Atlantis »

ERICAIRLINES wrote: Do you know that as of 2008,KL will cancel flights from bru to ams to use Thalys,pax checking in at BMI(Brussels Midi-Zuid)as do AF ones for the moment.Travel time will be reduced to 1h16 min to schipol.
But thalys is terminating his contract with AF as 01/04/07,pax will be boarded on pure sncf tgv/hst trains,but not on thalys anymore...
Though AF and Kl will have their..Bxl hub at gare du midi...
Pax leaving bru and bmi by thousands..one more lost occasion for BRU.
AF/KLM will cut a lot in 2007 and 2008 in short flights. AF f.e. will stop flying to cities in het neighborhood of Paris, Orly, etc. They will use the high speed train for those routes. So, not only BRU is involved but a lot of other cities to.

cherdt

Post by cherdt »

Anyone knows the time of arrival of the A319 at EBBR?

lumumba

Post by lumumba »

ERICAIRLINES wrote:

Do you know that as of 2008,KL will cancel flights from bru to ams to use Thalys,pax checking in at BMI(Brussels Midi-Zuid)as do AF ones for the moment.Travel time will be reduced to 1h16 min to schipol.
But thalys is terminating his contract with AF as 01/04/07,pax will be boarded on pure sncf tgv/hst trains,but not on thalys anymore...
Though AF and Kl will have their..Bxl hub at gare du midi...
Pax leaving bru and bmi by thousands..one more lost occasion for BRU.

it's very good that you have a mix of TGV trains and planes in one city.
They where a lot of articles about Brussels to be very well connected to the rest of Europe with that.
Can you imagine London Paris Amsterdam etc... in less than one hour and 30 :minutes.
The problem is more that the airport is not connected to the tgv.
Regards
Patrice
Hasta la victoria siempre.

blackhawk

Post by blackhawk »

:offtopic: Back on topic guys, it's not about Thalys but Brussels Airlines

Bottie

Post by Bottie »

cherdt wrote:Anyone knows the time of arrival of the A319 at EBBR?
'to keep it secret' I suppose it will arrive during the night and placed inside a hangar almost immediatly

tolipanebas

Post by tolipanebas »

Departure from AMS is forseen at around 2200 local as SN6002, although since there is no rush to get to BRU asap, this might slip a bit....

What is interesting to note it that the hangar facilities at QAPS are in fact a bit too small to take an A319, so they have remove the winglets before they pull the plane in and fit them back on after the paintjob is finished.

In other words, it's a given they will have to pull the plane out of the hangar somewhere on the last day prior to its delivery to SN, an excellent occasion of course to have a daylight preview of the new livery...