Brussels airlines: logo and colours

Join this forum to discuss the latest news that happened in the world of commercial aviation.

Moderator: Latest news team

tolipanebas

Post by tolipanebas »

cherdt wrote:If it's good, it should be said..... THE NEW WEBSITE LOOKS GREAT! Offcourse the logo fits in very well here. On the A319 this is not the case :-(
Indeed, the website looks great and the name and logo is okay for what this airline is supposed to do.... its just that it looks HORRIBLE on the plane :cry:

The llight blue shouldn't be there no longer, there should be more red on the planes (engines???) and heck why not: some of that cream colour from the website but above all: the livery should be much more wavy, not so edgy and stiff!

teach

Post by teach »

We were explained that they won't make the same mistake like Sabena. Expanding, buying more planes without knowing what to do with them.
That's the 'excuse' they've been using for five years now, and it's a pretty weak one, IMO. No-one is saying they should 'go wild' and order a whole bunch of planes, like what Sabena did. Expanding too fast is dumb indeed. But not expanding AT ALL, and not even, it seems, seriously considering it is dumb too, as it means you're going to lose marketshare every single year. Especially in Africa, where others are quickly catching up, and are more and more starting to have the advantage of frequency, a very important one. The market grows by several percentage points every year. If SN continues holding back on any expansion at all, they're doomed to become irrelevant and disappear eventually.

I agreed with the 'slow' strategy for the first few years, as it made sense. Now, however, after five years, I have a feeling they're just hiding behind the Sabena expansion story while the problem is that there seems to be a lack of a HEALTHY dose of ambition.

euroflyer

Re: The new airline

Post by euroflyer »

MarkyUK wrote:The logo and business model is dynamic, new and - considering all the snidey comments on this site - very brave.
Oh, and as for using the website... it goes live tomorrow.
Sorry, what is "brave" about that business model? A two class configuration with next to no service in "economy" and a "normal" service in business class is aready operated by Austrian Airlines, Iberia and to some extent Scandinavian as well fr some time. This does not meen it is bad, but not "brave" ... The only "clever" thing might be indeed to call it "b-flex" instead of "business", so many corporate pax might be able to convince their bosses they should be allowed to book b-flex, because it is not "business", when they had to fly economy in the past.

And about the website, well it works already for about one hour perfectly, do not have to wait until tomorrow ...
Star Alliance Gold / LH Senator
A300 A318 A319 A320 A321 A340 B737 B747 B757 B767 MD81 MD82 MD90 Tu134 IL18 BAe146 RJ85 RJ100 CRJ200 CRJ700 CRJ900 ERJ145 E170 E195 F50 F70 F100 ATR42 ATR72 Q300 Q400
http://my.flightmemory.com/euroflyer

Stella_Caeli

Post by Stella_Caeli »

Hmmm, only one disappointment from my side, I already booked a ticket for a flight next summer on a SNBA flight a time ago.

It was a SNBA Economy Ticket. Now I read that customers who have booked a Virgin Express ticket or an an economy ticket of SN Brussels Airlines will be offered the b.light product after 25th of March.

When I booked the ticket with SNBA I expected to have the full SNBA service (which they also advertised on their site at that moment, "The food and drink on our SN aircraft are provided free of charge to all passengers in all classes, from Best Buy to Business Class, on short-distance and long-distance flights."). Now I read that with b.light I will have to buy a snack/drink on board. If nothing would have changed, I would get this for free... In a sale agreement one party may not unilateral change the content of the agreement without the permission of the other party.

I will continue to inform about this and if this gets confirmed I will probably contact them about this, I do not agree that my SNBA ticket gets converted to b.light. If I would have wanted the b.light service I would have booked a VEX ticket.

I'm willing to pay a little bit extra to upgrade to b.flex but not the full amount.

Just one disappointment, all the rest is :thumbsup:.

Kind regards,
Sebastian

DELETED

Post by DELETED »

DELETED

tolipanebas

Post by tolipanebas »

Stella_Caeli wrote:Hmmm, only one disappointment from my side, I already booked a ticket for a flight next summer on a SNBA flight a time ago.

It was a SNBA Economy Ticket. Now I read that customers who have booked a Virgin Express ticket or an an economy ticket of SN Brussels Airlines will be offered the b.light product after 25th of March.

I'm willing to pay a little bit extra to upgrade to b.flex but not the full amount.
Mr vandeputte (our new CEO) said that the price difference at early booking stage between bflex and blight will be as low as 50 euro (one way obvioulsy), increasing of course as the departure date nears...

Old Nickname - VG

Post by Old Nickname - VG »

It Looks Not Bad

Hope To See It In Real And Maybe Its Better

Greetz,
didier :wink:

Qwerty

Post by Qwerty »

New website is live. Anyone knows with which plane they 'll fly to Rome?

euroflyer

Post by euroflyer »

Qwerty wrote:New website is live. Anyone knows with which plane they 'll fly to Rome?
see the timetable on the website
Star Alliance Gold / LH Senator
A300 A318 A319 A320 A321 A340 B737 B747 B757 B767 MD81 MD82 MD90 Tu134 IL18 BAe146 RJ85 RJ100 CRJ200 CRJ700 CRJ900 ERJ145 E170 E195 F50 F70 F100 ATR42 ATR72 Q300 Q400
http://my.flightmemory.com/euroflyer

nice try but... so conservative!!

Post by 773 »

I agree with tolipanebas (you by any chance an ex Sabenapilot ;-) )
They could have chosen a better name than the still quite unpronouncable name they have now, but it will do I guess. The logo and lettering isn't that bad either, but why so conservative, besides the tail it looks like a bad make over of a SNBA livery. Whats with the baby blue belly?? Write the name in big letters all along the fuselage, some waves in red and blue and you have a eye catching plane. Hopefully people in the management will read this and maybe apply some of the tips of our posts when other planes are repainted... Like BA used to do, they had a strong corporate identity even while having many different colourschemes. Well, we'll see what happens... I must say I really like the retouched picture someone posted a few threads ago, that livery is striking! Look at it Brussels Airlines management!!

blackbox wrote:I'm certainly not a pro, but it's amazing what you can do with photoshop... :wink:

Wouldn't this be nice?

(the design is not mine (I had this image on my pc and I don't remember where it came from), I just switched 'sabena' with brussels airlines and the s-tail with a b-tail)

teach

Post by teach »

Like BA used to do, they had a strong corporate identity even while having many different colourschemes.
Actually, quite the opposite: after BA introduced the 'World Tails' a storm of protest followed it, so much that BA was forced to either abandon the World Tails or lose public support.

Qwerty

Post by Qwerty »

euroflyer wrote:
Qwerty wrote:New website is live. Anyone knows with which plane they 'll fly to Rome?
see the timetable on the website
Thanks, i see now. I've orginally booked 7:30 towards, 20.50 back. Now I hope they'll put me in 6.50 towards/ 20.10 back. Only question I have is how it will be going on with my reserved seat.... (i wanted a window seat)

Devon Rex

Post by Devon Rex »

Let's hope they have a good future ahead... Leaves plenty of fun for us to spot all of the brussels airlines planes over and over again :D

Anyway, I'm pretty sure that Philippe Van Der Putten will do an excellent job, just as he did at Proximus... As a Proximus employee I can assure this ;)

Stella_Caeli

Post by Stella_Caeli »

tolipanebas wrote: Mr vandeputte (our new CEO) said that the price difference at early booking stage between bflex and blight will be as low as 50 euro (one way obvioulsy), increasing of course as the departure date nears...
Hello tolipanebas,

Well I was thinking about it, in fact the only thing that a current SNBA Economy passenger receives above the b.light packet is a complimentary meal and drinks service and a complimentary newspaper service (i.e. you can pick one when boarding). These items were also advertised on the SN website for the flights I've booked next summer.

If I would receive the b.light packet including these 2 items without extra cost I would be very happy as that is what I was told I would get on board when I booked the flights. I didn't book a business ticket so I shouldn't receive the full b.flex package.

I will contact them about it soon.

Also I've checked their entire site and I really like the look and feel of the new company 8) .

Kind regards,
Sebastian

Avro

Post by Avro »

Dear all,

May I suggest we only discuss the name and the logo of brussels airlines in this topic ? I just opened a new topic where we will only discuss the strategy and the business plan of the new company. You can find it here: viewtopic,p,162855.html#162855

This had to be done in order to keep a nice and clear overview of the entire story and because both aspects are too different from each other.

Thank you very much

Chris

Dude320

Post by Dude320 »

BrusselsAirlines

Post by BrusselsAirlines »

I like the new name VERY much!! :lol: :lol:

Good luck to EVERYBODY and let's go for it!!

blackbox

Post by blackbox »

Patatje_

Post by Patatje_ »

Pictures of the event in H117 (staff release) can be found here:
www.sntechnics.be

AlexanderM

Post by AlexanderM »

it's sad to see that beautiful S-tail dissappear for such an ugly logo. :(
they could've done better!