Brussels airlines: logo and colours

Join this forum to discuss the latest news that happened in the world of commercial aviation.

Moderator: Latest news team

teach

Post by teach »

In other words, it's a given they will have to pull the plane out of the hangar somewhere on the last day prior to its delivery to SN, an excellent occasion of course to have a daylight preview of the new livery...
Unless, of course, they fly the plane to BRU without the winglets attached(which is technically possible and allowed, IIRC), put them in the hold and put them on in the hangar at BRU...

foxtrot_lima_yankee

Post by foxtrot_lima_yankee »

If Sabena reborns,

the commercial activity will expand considerably because of better marketing issues.
That only might shock the EX-sabena people in the first instance, because on long-term better marketing issues lead to expansion which leads to greater fleets which creates a lot of jobs, until the company reaches its 1990s capacity by 2020. EX Sabenas could then be proud again to talk about Sabena.

The sentimental problem is a short-term problem.
The commercial problem is a long-term problem.

And yes the logo is important.
You can not compare this airline to airlines like Ryanair, Wizz Air, Southwest with their ridiculous design. It s just another business strategy.
I m afraid that we should wait until Tuesday though, and if they issue such a ridiculous design, I suggest we all boycott the airline.
The name Brussels Airlinens sounds like Corsair in France and like LTU in germany.Like JAS ( Japan Air Systems ) in Japan, Flybe in the UK.

It does not bring the strength of a Lufthansa, an airfrance, JAL nor British Airways.

Belgian people need something they could all be proud of.

foxtrot_lima_yankee

What about Sabena Brussels Airlines????
What s wrong with this one?

teach

Post by teach »

and if they issue such a ridiculous design, I suggest we all boycott the airline.
You suggest BOYCOTTING the airline because of what its logo and livery look like? Seriously, now I think I've heard it all... :lol: :lol: :lol:

Patatje_

Post by Patatje_ »

teach wrote:
In other words, it's a given they will have to pull the plane out of the hangar somewhere on the last day prior to its delivery to SN, an excellent occasion of course to have a daylight preview of the new livery...
Unless, of course, they fly the plane to BRU without the winglets attached(which is technically possible and allowed, IIRC), put them in the hold and put them on in the hangar at BRU...
as a technician of SNBA, and knowing my collegues and managment, i'm sure they wouldn't do that.
we do not let an aircraft fly, and take risks when we don't have to...
every pilot of SN can confirm that.

Avro

Post by Avro »

Patatje_ wrote: as a technician of SNBA, and knowing my collegues and managment, i'm sure they wouldn't do that.
every pilot of SN can confirm that.
Doesn't the MEL allow to fly without the wiglets ?
Let's hope our dutch colleagues won't miss the opportunity ;)
I m afraid that we should wait until Tuesday though, and if they issue such a ridiculous design, I suggest we all boycott the airline.
Oh boy, what a childish reply !!

Chris
Last edited by Avro on 05 Nov 2006, 21:22, edited 1 time in total.

foxtrot_lima_yankee

the boycott is just a joke dude :-)

b-west

Post by b-west »

I'm still unsure whether this brussels airlines thing is serious or not, and if it's just a smoke curtain for something else.. still, waiting two more days won't kill us with anxiety I suppose ;)

teach

Post by teach »

Who said anything about risks? The winglets are only there for fuel efficiency, and add absolutely nothing to the safety and reliability of the plane. The A320-100 doesn't even have any winglets. There are enough examples of A32X, 747-400s and A330 / 340s temporarily flying around without them, so if they decide not to fit them for that flight, they won't have compromised safety in any way.

galaxy

Post by galaxy »

foxtrot_lima_yankee wrote:

Oh yes........" Manneken Pis airlines "

babolat-blast

Post by babolat-blast »

I've got some more information suggesting it finally might be Brussels Airlines.

If you go to www.whois.eu and fill in www.brusselsairlines.eu, you might see that the name is owned by SN Airholding and that people who are opposed against that name for some reasons have the right to enter a complaint till 7 november 2006. After that date, the name is fully owned by SN Airholding...

Zenfookpower

Post by Zenfookpower »

galaxy wrote:
foxtrot_lima_yankee wrote:

Oh yes........" Manneken Pis airlines "
Not bad at all.. I also like VirBena with the initials VB on the tail.. Lot's of Belgians will be proud..

Scoezie

Sabena?

Post by Scoezie »

Sabena.eu was ordered on the same website on the 4th of April this year by a man name 'Alain D'Ieteren'. This man is operating from the SN House and his a lawyer at the firm 'Janson-Baugniet'. The Sabena curators where partners of this firm. Is this good or bad news? :)

CSB

Post by CSB »

I think we have confirmation right now, if you go to www.msn.be , which is my startpage, you see this:

Zenfookpower

Post by Zenfookpower »

Looks like MSN Belgie spilled the beans.... :oops:

However the URL doesn't seem to be "on line" yet...

zooloflyer

Post by zooloflyer »

Nice research work CSB!

A smart decision from SN (and the cheapest) - it would have been an expensive idea to launch a complete new name and I guess it's better to spend the hard earned money in the airline itself.

Brussels Airlines at Brussels Airport - as good as it gets! :D

I look forward to seeing the new paint scheme and even more to hearing the future strategy.

About the Mueller comments - I guess the next step, after more leg room and front seats for pax wishing to pay a little more, the B flex and B light strategy makes a lot of sense.

Good luck to the reborn B!

DELETED

The New Belgian Airline

Post by DELETED »

DELETED

tolipanebas

Post by tolipanebas »

teach wrote:
Nope, since it is not only the vertical wing fence which is removed, but also the horizontal tip section of the wing and it MUST be installed for flight....

MSN already give away the name and corporate identity, now it is in the hand of the AMS based spotters to give away the colours of the plane.... If they want, we could have the first pictures by 5 o' clock, taken from accross rwy 24 in AMS.

My guess: an entirely blue plane with white 'brussels airlines' titles and a large red dotted 'b' on the tail extending to the lower end section of the fuselage ...
Last edited by tolipanebas on 06 Nov 2006, 09:18, edited 1 time in total.

fly

Post by fly »

actually the more I see the design and think about it , its not bad at all.
smart move and nice colours I think.
hope for a good future.

best of luck Brussels Airlines.

airDD

Post by airDD »

Well, it seems like they used business logic by virtually keeping the same name. Also, I think the new logo has to grow on you. :lol:

I am also glad they finally cut the cord with Sabena and removed the SN from the name.

I know there are many nostalgic people here dreaming of the return of Sabena who never flew much on SN... During the 90ties, I worked for an international company based in Brussels and had to fly on Sabena every week, believe me the service was bad to mediocre at best; my international colleagues would avoid SN at all costs when required to fly into BRU...

I hope Brussels Airlines can develop as a niche player for regional airtravel in Europe while avoiding the Sabena mistakes and compete without government help in Brussels when a real lowcost company sets up a base in Bru.

airDD