Ryanair new routes: Turin-Dublin and Turin-Bruxelles (CRL)!

Join this forum to discuss the latest news that happened in the world of commercial aviation.

Moderator: Latest news team

Cesare

Ryanair new routes: Turin-Dublin and Turin-Bruxelles (CRL)!

Post by Cesare »

New Ryanair flight from Turin to Dublin and Bruxelles Charleroi! On sale now!

TRN-CRL from 19/12 3x week

CRL-TRN 13:10-14:45 2-4
TRN-CRL 15:10-16:45 2-4
CRL-TRN 18:10-19:45 6
TRN-CRL 20:10-21:45 6

TRN-DUB from 20/12 2x week

DUB-TRN 06: 50-10:10 3-6
TRN-DUB 10:35-12:00 3-6

For me this are new routes to complete some hole in winter timetable of Ryanair bases at CRL and DUB.

airbuske

Post by airbuske »

They will reduce the service to Carcasonne to fly to TRN.

They will also fly to Grenoble Lyon as from the 19th december.
Best regards,

Airbuske

Cesare

Post by Cesare »

There are others new Ryanair route:

Dublin to Turin
Brussels to Turin
Brussels to Grenoble
Standsted to Klagenfurt
East Midlands to Grenoble
East Midlands to Salzburg
Prestwick to Grenoble

For me are all Ski routes!

Zorba

Post by Zorba »

New routes are at this point only for this winter season, but there is a big chance the routes will remain next winter season.

There will be no extra planes in CRL as, like airbuske said, flights to Carcasonne will be reduced.
Tot hier en verder

Cesare

Post by Cesare »

airbuske wrote:They will reduce the service to Carcasonne to fly to TRN.
And for open Bruxelles-Grenoble? They will reduce others route?

Zorba

Post by Zorba »

Cesare wrote:
airbuske wrote:They will reduce the service to Carcasonne to fly to TRN.
And for open Bruxelles-Grenoble? They will reduce others route?
At the press conference they only said they would reduce Carcasonne
Tot hier en verder

Cesare

Post by Cesare »

Airbus_fan wrote: At the press conference they only said they would reduce Carcasonne
Can you post the complete press release?

Acid-drop

Post by Acid-drop »

Cesare wrote:
Airbus_fan wrote: At the press conference they only said they would reduce Carcasonne
Can you post the complete press release?
in french for now : http://www.charleroi-airport.com/BSCA/s ... ent&Key=no

Charlie Roy

Post by Charlie Roy »

Airbus_fan wrote:At the press conference they only said they would reduce Carcasonne
When Grenoble and Turin were loaded into the booking engine today, immediately Prestwick and Valladolid went from 1234567 to 1-3-5-7. Also Girona flights on -2-4-6- mornings were rescheduled to a later time. HoWeVeR, Carcassonne's frequency remains as of yet unchanged in the booking engine ???

The schedule changes that took place today show -2-4-6- rescheduling for GIR, PIK and VLL for the entire winter. I believe this is due to the fact that new schedules would have been hastily uploaded, and thus should soon be rectified to show -2-4-6- rescheduling only from mid-December.

Saying Carcassonne will be reduced is contradictory to what happened in the online schedules, but maybe there is a glitch, and it'll take a few days to sort out...

Apparently, they also said in the press conference today that they could list 10 destinations off the top of their heads that they would like to introduce from Charleroi, including Marrakesh. No surprise there, bring on the new terminal!! :D It's also rumoured that Liverpool will be reintroduced in 2007. And the as of yet unannounced new Ryanair base in Madrid is rumoured to offer daily flights to Charleroi (and also Eindhoven daily too).

Meanwhile, the Stockholm Skavsta to Charleroi route which is operated using a NYO based aircraft is being reduced from 1234567 to 1-345-7 for the winter, and even from mid-January it will be further reduced to 1--45-7, in a scenario where Ryanair will keep 2 of their 3 NYO aircraft grounded on Wednesdays. (Keeping the loads high during the quiet winter months and helping to keep pilot hours in check while they're at it).

Also for winter Dublin will be reduced from 19 weekly flights to 12 weekly flights. Thank God for the new Marseille route :wink:

airbuske

Post by airbuske »

Charlie Roy wrote:[And the as of yet unannounced new Ryanair base in Madrid is rumoured to offer daily flights to Charleroi (and also Eindhoven daily too).
Ryanair having a base at MAD after Vueling and now Easyjet ?
Would be very bad for Iberia, Spanair and Air Europa.
I don't like Ryanair but it is nice to hear that they have plans with CRL.

Wake up BRU !
Best regards,

Airbuske

Charlie Roy

Post by Charlie Roy »

airbuske wrote:Ryanair having a base at MAD after Vueling and now Easyjet ?
Would be very bad for Iberia, Spanair and Air Europa.
Ya, Vueling and indeed the other Spanish airlines will not at be happy to hear that apart from Madrid to Dublin, Ryanair hope to introduce Madrid to Granada, Canary Islands, Milan Bergamo, Rome Ciampino, Eindhoven, Brussels Charleroi and London Stansted for starters. I haven't heard about what other Ryanair Madrid routes will be launched...

Cesare

Post by Cesare »

Charlie Roy wrote: Ya, Vueling and indeed the other Spanish airlines will not at be happy to hear that apart from Madrid to Dublin, Ryanair hope to introduce Madrid to Granada, Canary Islands, Milan Bergamo, Rome Ciampino, Eindhoven, Brussels Charleroi and London Stansted for starters. I haven't heard about what other Ryanair Madrid routes will be launched...
So for you the new Ryanair base at MAD is sure and not only a rumors?
When will be the official annunce?

airbuske

Post by airbuske »

If Ryanair will have a base at MAD we will see a battle between the LCC's at MAD.
Best regards,

Airbuske

adpoca

Post by adpoca »

I don´t think Ryanair will open a new base in Madrid. Easyjet has already announced that in February 2007 they will open their first base in Spain at Barajas´airport, so probably Ryanair won´t do the same. Ryanair is waiting Don Quijote Airport in Ciudad Real (South Madrid) to be finished to establish their second base in Spain. We will see what happened...

airbuske

Post by airbuske »

I read that Rynair would like to start flights to Malta from Luton , Pisa and Dublin and flights to the Canary Islands. The Canary Islands in febr 2007.
I think they will launch this first , before opening a base in Spain.

Do you think they would open a base in Ciudad Real ?
That's 210 km away from Madrid.
Best regards,

Airbuske

TWA

Post by TWA »

I hoped this would never happen, but it looks that in five years from now Ryanair will become the biggest airline in Europe.

Charlie Roy

Post by Charlie Roy »

airbuske wrote:Do you think they would open a base in Ciudad Real ?
That's 210 km away from Madrid.
There's been a lot of talk of this, but too early to speculate as the airport is not built yet. And would they be allowed to call it "Madrid South"? Unlikely...
Also heard that there are plans afoot to build an airport in Segovia and call it "Madrid North".

http://paginasdesegovia.com/335.php

Interesting also to see Ryanair announcing Dublin to Stockholm today in what would be an apparent turnaround on their policy of "no expansion in Sweden while the threat of a hefty aviation tax looms"...

Charlie Roy

Ryanair and winter at Milano Bergamo

Post by Charlie Roy »

Ryanair also finalised their winter timetable for BGY today announcing new routes from November to Granada and Wroclaw, both -2-4-6-.

Girona also set to increase from twice daily to trice daily.

stefanel

Post by stefanel »

my thoughts...

I really don't see Ryanair in Madrid, the taxying takes ages and the runways are crowded, it would be impossible for Ryanair, even if they used the old terminal to have a 25 min turnaround.

As for Ciudad Real, that's really in the middle of nowhere. La Mancha is the most desertic area of Spain, no major cities, no major touristic sites, lovely villages with windmills due to the powerfull wind but this region doesn't have a lot of attractivity. And come on, 210km from Madrid, that's a lot, esp. in Spain where buses is unfortunately the favourite transportation mode alhtough it is out of date and slow. Yes, the high speed train runs through Ciudad Real but it is very expensive, far from what LCC passengers are looking for.

An airport in Segovia, that would be great ! It's just one hour from Madrid with the suburb train (cercania) and this city is a little paradise on earth. But I think it's just a fantasy from the local authorities... You don't build an airport like that, and Madrid has just got a bran new one!

I'm very surprised Ryanair would ground airplanes in NYO, this is so not their lucrative politics!

airbuske

Post by airbuske »

stefanel wrote:
As for Ciudad Real, that's really in the middle of nowhere. La Mancha is the most desertic area of Spain, no major cities, no major touristic sites, lovely villages with windmills due to the powerfull wind but this region doesn't have a lot of attractivity. And come on, 210km from Madrid, that's a lot, esp. in Spain where buses is unfortunately the favourite transportation mode alhtough it is out of date and slow. Yes, the high speed train runs through Ciudad Real but it is very expensive, far from what LCC passengers are looking for.

There would be connections with serveral motorways, the Regional train Madrid - Badajoz and the AVE Madrid - Cordoba - Sevilla and Madrid - Guadalajara - Zaragoza - Lérida - Barcelona. If you would take the Alta Velocidad to Madrid it would cost you 17 euro, one way.

Source:Aeropuerto Don Quijote

This would be the first privat international airport in Spain.
Maybe they can offer lower airport charges than the AENA airports
to attract a LCC ( Ryanair ?) .

The airport would be ready in 2007.

Here you can see how they progress
http://www.donquijoteairport.com/inicio ... _obras.htm
Best regards,

Airbuske