Hainan stops connection Brussels-Peking-Shanghai

Join this forum to discuss the latest news that happened in the world of commercial aviation.

Moderator: Latest news team

OO-VEX

Hainan stops connection Brussels-Peking-Shanghai

Post by OO-VEX »

andong wrote:ANNOUNCED SCHEDULE CHANGE BY HAINAN AIRLINES STARTING 21 OF AUGUST
PEK 0120-0610 BRU 1300-0510 PEK

Better connections for everybody in in Beijing and Brussels :D :D
This schedule change is confirmed by BIAC as you can find it back in their timetable.
An even bigger news item is that Shanghai PVG will be dropped as the timetable is only mentionning flights until August 20, the day before the schedule changes.

OO-VEX

Atlantis

Post by Atlantis »

On the SNBA site all the info about Shanghai is gone. You can't book a flight to Shanghai after 20 August. Just the Beijing flights are available.

One thing is good, there will be a lot more good connections. The pax come out of China will be have the chance to connect with the Africa-flights. That was one of the things I didn't understand why they came with an evening flight to BRU.

Second, is it possible that they drop one of those less then a month after the inaugural flight? That will be very quick.
Last edited by Atlantis on 10 Aug 2006, 18:59, edited 1 time in total.

Atlantis

Post by Atlantis »

I received more info from BIAC about the China flights.

Apparently you have to book the flight Beijing - Shanghai and Shanghai - Beijing apart. Hainan Airlines see this as a domestic flight. So this means that you have to book two flights.

Established02

Post by Established02 »

> PEK 0120-0610 BRU 1300-0510 PEK

> The pax come out of China will be have the change to connect with the Africa-flights.

FIH arrives at BRU between 06:05-07:25.
NBO arrives at BRU between 06:05-06:55
DKR arrives at BRU at 05:40

This means that these arriving pax from Africa will still have to wait 6-7 hours in Terminal B for their connection to PEK. What kind of "entertainment" is there in Terminal B? Do you have internet access in the public areas?

I understand that it's hard to improve the Hainan schedule. It's probably not desirable to depart PEK even later than 01:20AM and you cannot depart earlier from BRU either, resulting in an equally inconvenient arrival in PEK in the middle of the night.

Atlantis

Post by Atlantis »

From 20 August it will take 21H to go from BRU to Shanghai.

Flights will go to Beijing. There you have to wait a few hours to take a B738 of Hainan to Xianyang. There you have to wait again some hours. An A319 of Hainan will bring you from Xianyang to Shanghai.

ATC

Post by ATC »

From 20 August it will take 21H to go from BRU to Shanghai.

Flights will go to Beijing. There you have to wait a few hours to take a B738 of Hainan to Xianyang. There you have to wait again some hours. An A319 of Hainan will bring you from Xianyang to Shanghai.
:shock:

hhhmmm... interesting schedule for the businessman travelling to Shanghai.
With this kind of schedule why should I fly via AMS,CDG, LHR or FRA ?
Can somebody help me out here...? :wink:

ATC

Atlantis

Post by Atlantis »

In the first fase to link Belgium with China there was no Shanghai in the picture. That's maybe the reason why they will let it go so quickly.

But, Hainan or SNBA, can open in some years a direct link to Shanghai when the Beijing figures are ok.

ATC

Post by ATC »

In the first fase to link Belgium with China there was no Shanghai in the picture. That's maybe the reason why they will let it go so quickly.

But, Hainan or SNBA, can open in some years a direct link to Shanghai when the Beijing figures are ok.

2 remarks...

1) Why did BIAC promote the Shanghai route if they knew it wasn't going to last ?
2) I thought the Belgian business world asked for a Shanghai route and not a Beijing route. Shanghai is the business capital of China (together with Hong Kong, but that's a case apart). If I'm not mistaken Barco was one of the companies...

ATC

Stij

Post by Stij »

ATC wrote:
1) Why did BIAC promote the Shanghai route if they knew it wasn't going to last ?
2) I thought the Belgian business world asked for a Shanghai route and not a Beijing route. Shanghai is the business capital of China (together with Hong Kong, but that's a case apart). If I'm not mistaken Barco was one of the companies...

ATC
1) I guess BIAC and SNBA didn't know. Chinese are funny people. (I'm not kidding you!)
2) Yes Shanghai is the business capital of China. But for every other destination in China it's better to change in Beijing as you don't have to change airports there. In Shanghai all international flights fly from Pudong and most domestic flights fly from Hongqiao. You can compare it to the Paris CDG - ORY situation.

For my business (mostly in Xiamen en Qingdao) Beijing is the better option.
Atlantis wrote: Flights will go to Beijing. There you have to wait a few hours to take a B738 of Hainan to Xianyang. There you have to wait again some hours. An A319 of Hainan will bring you from Xianyang to Shanghai.
ATC
I think it can be done faster. There's a Hainan flight at 8:55 that arrives in Shanghai Hongqiao at 10:50. So there's 3:45 to change flights in Beijing. That's longer then the original 2 hours, but you arrive in Hongqiao (near the city centre and you already passed immigration and customs.

On the way back you depart Hongqiao at 20:00 and arrive at Beijing at 22:00. Then you have a 3:20 connection. Because check-in times are better at Hongqiao then at Pudong it's manageble.

I agree the schedule was better, but it's not a complete disaster either. One big advantage (for me then) is that you have two night flights. Time flies faster when you sleep.

Cheers mates,

Stij

P.S. Actually I'm flying Hainan from Brussels to Beijing tomorrow evening, with the old schedule, on a SNBA ticket. (Will try to make a trip report) By coincidence anybody working for SNBA that can arrange me an upgrade? It would be appriciated! :D :D :D

SN30952

Post by SN30952 »

Stij wrote:Chinese are funny people. (I'm not kidding you!)
Not at all... and Chinese from Singapore are the less funniest!, believe me.

The Chinese can use that aircraft on a more fruitful route.
If I read well BRU-PEK vv is maintained.
PEK-SHA in B767 is scrapped end of the month (as was probably foreseen in the plan, if the loadfactor was to be below expectations).
That does not mean one cannot fly PEK-SHA with HU!

Until then, end of AUG, the skeds were:
Hainan Airlines
HU 492 BRU 20:40 PVG 16:35+1 day 1 stop 767 Flttime 13h55min Tuesday - Thursday - Saturday - Sunday
or
HU 492 BRU 20:40 PEK 12:50+1 day Non-stop767 Flttime 10h10min Tuesday - Thursday - Saturday - Sunday
plus
HU 492 PEK 14:50 PVG 16:35 Non-stop767 Flttime 1h45min Monday - Friday - Sunday Not flying the Friday, August 25, 2006
and 10 minutes later:
HU 7601 PEK 15:00 SHA 16:50 Non-stop733 Flttime 1h50min Daily
So it will become almost a change of gauge (But we saw that already longtime ago. The clever Chinese kept open two solutions: aB733 and the B767. Not funny, clever...

airbuske

Post by airbuske »

I read here that there would be problems with traffic rights and airport terminals
Best regards,

Airbuske

Atlantis

Post by Atlantis »

Its also confirmed by Air Agencies that the flights are split up in two separate flights. Air Agencies will still offer flights after 20 August but you have to book two flights.

Air2D2

Post by Air2D2 »

f.a.o. Administrator

Topic of this item is : Hainan starts this summer flights to Peking from Bru

Wouldn't it be better to host the latest entries in a new topic : Hainan stops connection Brussels-Peking-Shangai

(not joking ; this is the news, after all).

SN30952

Post by SN30952 »

Atlantis wrote:Its also confirmed by Air Agencies that the flights are split up in two separate flights. Air Agencies will still offer flights after 20 August but you have to book two flights.
HU will have the B767 for other rotations in 24h, a SHA rotations, takes more than 24h. Count your crews and you will see the difference between a PEK and a SHA run....

I could feel this coming with my elbows...

Atlantis

Post by Atlantis »

Like I have already said in my previous post, the aircrafts they will use from Beijing to Shanghai are B738 and A319.

LX-LGX

Post by LX-LGX »

Mail (from today) from Air Agencies (their GSA) to the Belgian travel trade:

As from the 21st of August our direct flight BRU-PVG-BRU will be transformed into BRU-PEK-SHA-PEK-BRU. This change means that you will have to book 4 segments iso 2, BRU-PEK + PEK-SHA and SHA-PEK + PEK-BRU. Your passengers will fly to Beijing and further on to Shanghai on our domestic flight. The airport will be the SHA airport (HONGQIAO) which is located closer to he citycenter than PVG (PU DONG).

Fares will stay commonrated with Beijing as marked on our faresheets.

Please find below the new schedule to Shanghai:

HU 492 BRU PEK 2 1300 0510+1 0
HU7605 PEK 2 SHA 0855 1050 0
HU7604 SHA PEK 2 2000 2205 0
HU 491 PEK 2 BRU 0120 0530 0

All the reservations made on the former HU492/HU491 to/from PVG will have to b rebooked to above schedule, domestic sectors to be booked in Y-class. In case you do not find seats in the original bookingsclass, please book WL and send a copy of your bookingfile to hainan-at-airagencies.be.
Issued tickets do not need to be reissued. As long as the bookingfile is ok, passengers will be accepted at the airport.

We apologise for the inconvenience caused.

Do not hesitate to contact us in case of question, remark or doubt.

Kind regards and thank you for your support!

Your Hainan Airlines sales-team

Hainan Airlines c/o Air Agencies Belgium
Vilvoordelaan 153a
1930 Zaventem
* +32(0)2 712 64 33
* +32(0)2 720 61 47
hainan-at-airagencies.be

blackhawk

Post by blackhawk »

An other question: how are the flights doing?

Jense

Post by Jense »

Always big waiting lines at the check in last days, so in terms of passengers quite good. Don't know anything about the yields.

Atlantis

Post by Atlantis »

blackhawk wrote:An other question: how are the flights doing?
Its too early to say if the flights are doing good or not. You have to wait at least 6 to 8 months to make a first bilan.