No Easyjet in Belgium

Join this forum to discuss the latest news that happened in the world of commercial aviation.

Moderator: Latest news team

Atlantis

No Easyjet in Belgium

Post by Atlantis »

According to the latest, Easyjet will not fly to any airport in Belgium.

According to Easyjet the airport of Zaventem is too expensive and at the airport of Charleroi there is a huge player with the name Ryanair.

If you asked my opinion, its bulls**t. The airport of Zaventem is cheaper then Schiphol or Paris CDG. And just there they start up news lines.

They will open a whole new line to Paris and from Schiphol they start up flights to Milan.

According to me they fear the lack of interest out of Belgium.

Orange_Jumper

Post by Orange_Jumper »

Maby it has to do with the noise restrictions at ebbr, and there ( money )penalty after infringe???
Kind regards / Liebe Gruss,

Atlantis

Post by Atlantis »

Till today no airline, flying at BRU, paid the penalty's. Also BIAC is still using all the runways while it is forbidden on some days by court.

I see no reason not to come to BRU for some possible penalty's.
In fact, during daytime there is no problem at all, on weekdays.

Bottie

Post by Bottie »

Just received a sms-message:

Easyjet bought 10 (daily) slots at Brussels (EBBR/BRU), sender wants to remain unknown (for now)? Someone has more reliable info?

Established02

Post by Established02 »

> Easyjet bought 10 (daily) slots at Brussels (EBBR/BRU)

Obviously the use of the word "bought" suggests that Easyjet actually paid money to get these slots. Is that a common practice at BRU?

Actually I had also heard a little rumour recently coming from an airline professional about the possible appearance of Easyjet at BRU.

10 daily slots suggests (only) 5 daily rotations. From this I would understand that initially they would not base any aircraft at BRU.

Atlantis

Post by Atlantis »

All rumours.

Do you remember a couple of weeks ago when BIAC or Easyjet announced that a future at BRU is not possible? Then Easyjet was looking at other airports in Belgium. Two of them where possible candidates: CRL and OST.

And now, when I opened this topic, Easyjet said that they don't want to fly to Belgium.

And now there is a rumour that Easyjet bought 10 daily slots for BRU.

I think we can only say, wait and see, till we receive an announcement of Easyjet. Easyjet announced they bought slots at Schiphol for their flights from AMS to Mil, starting in the new sinterschedule, a couple of days ago.

But an other problem for Easyjet. They have a serious lack of pilots. So that could also be a reason to pospone some routes.

letscruise

Post by letscruise »

Isn't it a bit weird to plan new routes and bases, if they have to cancel flights due to lack of staff ?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/engl ... 248050.stm

Stepha380

Post by Stepha380 »

letscruise wrote:Isn't it a bit weird to plan new routes and bases, if they have to cancel flights due to lack of staff ?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/engl ... 248050.stm
It is only one flight per day, have a look at how many planes are stranded at DXB due to the lack of cabin crew and pilots. (50 pilots and 300 cabin crew were leaving Emirates few months ago)

Easyjet has a lot of problems because their cabin crew move to other airlines and it is not something you can plan months ahead contrarily to the opening of new bases or routes.

regi

Post by regi »

Problem for LCC with Zaventem is the long time between landing and departing.

Airbus330lover

Post by Airbus330lover »

regi wrote:Problem for LCC with Zaventem is the long time between landing and departing.
Actually yes, but it can better if LCC has it's own terminal.
Discussied many times.
The problem was just the same earlier in GVA and they found a solution.

Mudvayne

Post by Mudvayne »

Established02 wrote:
10 daily slots suggests (only) 5 daily rotations. From this I would understand that initially they would not base any aircraft at BRU.
Even if Easyjet comes to BRU they won't base any aircraft in BRU, They don't have any aircraft based in AMS or CDG, it's not part of their philosophy to base aircraft in major airports....
According to Easyjet the airport of Zaventem is too expensive and at the airport of Charleroi there is a huge player with the name Ryanair
That's not according to easyjet, but according to Stelios. I think Ryanair is not the main reason easyjet won't fly out of Charleroi, Easyjet flies to other destinations and Ryanair doesn't have that many aircraft based in Charleroi...

airbuske

Post by airbuske »

regi wrote:Problem for LCC with Zaventem is the long time between landing and departing.
If it is possible at CDG why isn't it possible at BRU ?
Best regards,

Airbuske

Airbus330lover

Post by Airbus330lover »

airbuske wrote:
It could be possible, but the response is perhaps to find in the "instability" of BRU (political problems, noise restrictons, multiple changes in the regulations...)

Atlantis

Post by Atlantis »

At this moment the fastest rotation is, correct me if I'm wrong, 30 min.
The cabin crew clean the aircrafts by themselfs to safe time and money.
So, this would mean that Easyjet depart faster then 30 min?

Airbus330lover

Post by Airbus330lover »

Atlantis wrote:At this moment the fastest rotation is, correct me if I'm wrong, 30 min.
The cabin crew clean the aircrafts by themselfs to safe time and money.
So, this would mean that Easyjet depart faster then 30 min?
I saw <20 minutes for RYANAIR in Nimes.
Off topic but for info: the rotation is also short due to the fact that all PAX must be checked and waiting before the landing of the aircraft. No waiting for people in shops, kissing the family....
It's like a run, ready tuo run to the plane? Ok, it will land now :P
Last edited by Airbus330lover on 14 Aug 2006, 14:23, edited 1 time in total.

EBAW_flyer

Post by EBAW_flyer »

CDG has a seperate low-cost (and charter I think) terminal and AMS as well.
BTW, rotations in BRU can be 30 mins as well, Vueling has rotation of around 30-35 mins sometimes.

AVION1

Post by AVION1 »

For Information, there is no dedicated Terminal in CDG for LCC.

Vueling, Blue1 and Germanwings use Terminal1 and the other LCC use Terminal3.

U2 use slot in CDG when AF as finished to operate the Hub. So Taxitime is short.

EBAW_flyer

Post by EBAW_flyer »

terminal 3 is built as a low-cost an charter terminal with smaller distances between check-in and boarding and more limited facilities as well as bus boardings (wich improves turn-around times for LCC)

Stepha380

Post by Stepha380 »

EBAW_flyer wrote:CDG has a seperate low-cost (and charter I think) terminal and AMS as well.
But all companies in CDG pay the same price per passenger whatever terminal they are, basically LCCs pay Skyteam's cathedral. And all LCC want fees in relation to what they get for a service. There is a big trial war between FR and U2 against AF particularly in GEN, MRS, LYS because of this.
For example Marseille Airport has built a new terminal dedicated to LCC (but all companies including AF have received a proposal for moving) AF will pay 6€ per passenger in the classic terminal and LCC 2€ per passengers.

Atlantis

Post by Atlantis »

Stay on topic please. Its going about U2 in Belgium.