No Easyjet in Belgium

Join this forum to discuss the latest news that happened in the world of commercial aviation.

Moderator: Latest news team

jan_olieslagers

Re: EZY - BRU

Post by jan_olieslagers »

teddybAIR wrote:Secondly, the price advantage (ie. the gap) between prices of Ryanair and traditional airlines is unlikely to be affected by an increase in oil prices. The absolute figures will probably change, but as fuel prices increase for everybody in the industry, this will probably not affect the gap between LCC's and traditional airlines.
Not so sure. Let's say you have a choice between flying FR at 30€ or any other at 60€. There's a lot to be said for FR, then. Now let both carriers raise their tariffs by 30 €, in accordance with rising fuel prices and/or airport charges. So FR now comes in at 60 €, the other carrier at 90€. Obviously, some people will not travel at these higer prices. Those who still fly may consider that paying the double is not worthwhile, but that to avoid FR for whatever reason, paying half as much might be acceptable.

Airbus330lover

Post by Airbus330lover »

jan_olieslagers wrote:
teddybAIR wrote:Secondly, the price advantage (ie. the gap) between prices of Ryanair and traditional airlines is unlikely to be affected by an increase in oil prices. The absolute figures will probably change, but as fuel prices increase for everybody in the industry, this will probably not affect the gap between LCC's and traditional airlines.
Not so sure. Let's say you have a choice between flying FR at 30€ or any other at 60€. There's a lot to be said for FR, then. Now let both carriers raise their tariffs by 30 €, in accordance with rising fuel prices and/or airport charges. So FR now comes in at 60 €, the other carrier at 90€. Obviously, some people will not travel at these higer prices. Those who still fly may consider that paying the double is not worthwhile, but that to avoid FR for whatever reason, paying half as much might be acceptable.
Always count in % in the first case 100% more in the seconfd 50% more.
Perso, il compare always in % it's significant

airazurxtror

Post by airazurxtror »

FlightSimCrew wrote:Although everybody calls Southwest the role-model of the low cost they sell at prices 50-100% more expensive than FR. They do not need to sell at 50ct fares to fill their aircraft because they only fly destinations that can support the traffic. FR on the otherhand, and I must admit they are strong at it must develop trade agreements with airports, set up difficult marketing schemes to get funding for their irrational pricing approach. And it has worked, Ryanair completely changed Europes low fare landscape convncing people that 1 EUR fares are a good price to travel but that story will be over soon. The airline is forced to increase its fares due to rising fuel prices as well as it is forced to increase revenue through baggage fees, credit card charges, etc.. The volume markets on which it can generate traffic are shrinking but still more and more aircraft are coming in.. the stimulation on price will soon be impossible due to changing economics.. I don't think this airline will go bancrupt because it management isn't stupid.. But how will the EUropean market will emerge after the rationalization, what will the LCC look like in 5-10years time ? How in hell will we have to convince people that 1 EUR isn't the price to pay if you want to travel to Malaga or Berlin.
This is an appeal to all reader common sense.. these prices are crazy, even if you scrape of all the frills and have to stand in the airplane its impossible to fly for these prices.
Not all FR flights are priced at 1 euro, far from it !
That price only exists for selected flights at selected dates, usually at least two or three months away... Besides, 1 euro plus charges and credit card fee amounts to a total of 30-40 euros for a return ticket.
Now, if 10.000 passengers book such a return flight say three months in advance, Ryanair gets some 350.000 euros three months before delivering any service. Which amounts to a loan of 350.000 euros free of interets charges, or alternatively 350.000 euros to put in the bank and get a revenue from.
An empty seat on a flight is lost forever.
Better to sell it even at 1 euro, and chance to get some other revenue on board (selling a drink, a perfume, a scratch card, a bus or train ticket,...), and perhaps a subsidy from the destination airport, a slice of the parking fees, and so on...

airazurxtror

Post by airazurxtror »

Atlantis wrote:
airazurxtror wrote:BRU obviously could devise something to suit the LCC.
But the BRU management has made it clear that they are not interested and DO NOT WANT LCC to come to Brussels.
Excuse me!!! BIAC is given the LCC the same service like all the other airlines. What is your source about that? I give you the one, there is no source.

I would advice to you, if you can not give real info don't react on topics you have no clue of it.
My source is in :
the-future-of-bru-the-new-ceo-van-assch ... 16583.html

BIAC CEO Van Assche said :
"There will be no special effort to LCC. They have to pay the fares as they are at this moment"
It is clear, I think : you don't use so arrogant a language towards a customer you want to attract. Such a rudeness means the present Biac CEO doesn't even want to discuss a deal with the LCC.
CEO are not eternal...

Airbus330lover

Post by Airbus330lover »

It is clear, I think : you don't use so arrogant a language towards a customer you want to attract.
Arrogant?
Not arrogant. Simply actually they don't want an obligated reduction to all actors at BRU.
Too early for this.
Business is business
Last edited by Airbus330lover on 17 Aug 2006, 10:29, edited 1 time in total.

Acid-drop

Post by Acid-drop »

See the topic, belgium is not only brussels.
We have 3 or 4 airports that could host easyjet.
I'm surprised Belgium isnt more interesting for them.