SN Brussels Airlines and Virgin Express going together

Join this forum to discuss the latest news that happened in the world of commercial aviation.

Moderator: Latest news team

a380man

Post by a380man »

i heard it was going to be sabena again because of that name being lovely lol

Qwerty

Post by Qwerty »

Brubiac wrote:
TWA wrote:Welcome to the twilight-zone!!!

Verry funny : Even customers on board ask us whether it is ok to continue booking on our flights for next season.
I hope so, mine is already booked for February to Stockholm. :!:
Mine is June 07 to FCO Rome. I've contacted Virgin and they say there will be very little to no changes for me. At that time Virg. and SN will be flying on seperate schedules ...

TWA

Post by TWA »

1 more week to go before the revealing of the new style and name , I hope, at least that are the rumours :mexwave:

They have probably broken the world record of keeping things secret. This is quite an achievement especially in aviation.

Airbus330lover

Post by Airbus330lover »

November 6...... why not reported on november 07
Ok
the main reason coult be..... 5 year aniversary of SABENA Bankrupt..... and the comme back of the name !!
Coincidence ?

Qwerty

Post by Qwerty »

TWA wrote:1 more week to go before the revealing of the new style and name , I hope, at least that are the rumours :mexwave:

They have probably broken the world record of keeping things secret. This is quite an achievement especially in aviation.
One week over ;-). I want to know how it will be with my flight to Rome on 5 june 2007, will it be at the same times enz.

KLC

Post by KLC »

I heard there was a big meeting yesterday (20/09) about the SNV project. Any news???

TWA

Post by TWA »

We tried to hear them out (people who attended the meeting, union staff), but they kept silent, I think Airbus330lover is right, big news will arrive end oct, early nov only. Meanwhile--> :lookaround: if you hear something and stay 8)

TCAS_climb

Post by TCAS_climb »

To make sure nobody will start to leak top secret info and ruin the surprise, they didn't talk at all for the whole meeting. They just remained silent and played on PS2 all day long.

Believe me, it's a tough job to keep a secret ! :D

(oops, I think I just leaked secret info)

pietroman

Post by pietroman »

TCAS_climb wrote:To make sure nobody will start to leak top secret info and ruin the surprise, they didn't talk at all for the whole meeting. They just remained silent and played on PS2 all day long.

Believe me, it's a tough job to keep a secret ! :D

(oops, I think I just leaked secret info)
actually they were playing flight simulator X with redesigned aircraft with new logo and name on them ... :p

B737A320

Post by B737A320 »

Heard through the grapevine - Ulf Weber is becoming the new boss at SN - he would be leaving TCAB. 2nd big shot that leaves after Hans Swinnen left a month or so ago.

Dude320

Post by Dude320 »

I assume it will be Brussels Airlines :idea: :idea: :!: :!:

The S tail will be replaced by something else... :lol:

http://www.brusselsairlines.com/nl/home/

SNam

Post by SNam »

Today i heard that they are filming for the fusion between SN and Virgin probably for commercials i think.

Sam

sn26567

Post by sn26567 »

Dude320 wrote:The S tail will be replaced by something else...
B-tail? Cock-tail :lol: ?
André
ex Sabena #26567

SN_fan

Post by SN_fan »

they also seem to be moving to the sabena house. there were stickers on the parking lots and also a "poster abova the entrance with "welcome to B26 " on it. or is this mentioned in an other tread

TWA

Post by TWA »

Yes indeed, the big move will happen during these first 2 weeks of October...at last.

Atlantis

Post by Atlantis »

Is there somebody who knwos when SNBA/VEX will held their announcement?

I'm curious about their plans: fleet, destinations,name, the Africa-project, etc.

Boeing747-nurse

Post by Boeing747-nurse »

The crew of SNV got the next info from the Unions:
The new name would be reveiled just before Christmas 2006. ( what I think is much later then was told in the beginning of this year ).

It is possible that there will be no merger for the cabin; the problem is that they have 2 different CAO's ( sorry, but I can't translate this ), and it would be very difficult to merge it into 1 CAO.

There a also "rumours" that , a while ago, they gave up the search for other lon-haul planes, but since some weeks they are searching again?? :shock: If this is true, I'm realy disappointed in them, and I give upp the tought of a bright future for this airline.

The crew and other employees are getting more nervous every day... How will this story end?

OrientThai

Post by OrientThai »

I've read in a newspaper that the new name will be announced the 8th of November.

767flightattendant

Post by 767flightattendant »

Boeing747-nurse wrote:The crew of SNV got the next info from the Unions:
The new name would be reveiled just before Christmas 2006. ( what I think is much later then was told in the beginning of this year ).

It is possible that there will be no merger for the cabin; the problem is that they have 2 different CAO's ( sorry, but I can't translate this ), and it would be very difficult to merge it into 1 CAO.

The crew and other employees are getting more nervous every day... How will this story end?
They are getting very nervous indeed.

No merger for the cabin will be a real nightmare for the majority of the vex-cabin staff. They have been waiting for this moment (merging into 1 AOC) for a very long time now , and keeping 2 AOC's would push some of my friends to look for another job as they were hoping to fly at least a mix of A/C and a mix of short/medium and long haul iso tracking up an down on classic 737's.

I really hope it will work out all right for them...

tolipanebas

Post by tolipanebas »

From what I've understood the management has changed plan and wants the new name to be unveiled first half of DECEMBER (!), once all other issues concerning the merger have been settled. The idea behind it is they apparently expect some hick ups along the path of merger and they do not want to spoil the new name and image of the company right from the start... Hence it is better to wait a bit with the name and have the mud stick to the old names Virgin Express and/or SN Brussels Airlines. Besides, since the commercial launch of the company is planned for end of March next year, there is no hurry...

Although both companies will definitely be merged into one commercial brand and all ground and support facilities will be united in one single legal entity, it is far from sure the 2 AOCs will be merged as well, because especially at SN there is strong resistance against such a move: the question notably has been raised by SN's flying staff what they have to gain from such a move: they'd be expected to share all of their long haul operations -which are set to expand to 6 planes including some US destinations in the long term strategy- and their enjoyable European network (including all the nightstops) with 'newcomers' from VEX in return for what? VEX only has a fleet of old 737s with no nightstops (not really interesting from a carrier's point of view), no other compensations (financial or otherwise) are foreseen and on top the management would want to increase overall flexibility/productivity for the crews at SN! Needless to say such outlook is not very tempting to agree on a new and single CLA (CAO/CCT) as required to integrate VEX into SN, in which case both airlines would continue to exist in their present form albeit both operating under the same commercial name which is to be unveiled in December, a bit like in the days of Sabena, when we had also 2 completely different airlines with their own AOC doing the SN flights: Sabena and dat.