SN Brussels Airlines and Virgin Express going together

Join this forum to discuss the latest news that happened in the world of commercial aviation.

Moderator: Latest news team

Atlantis

Post by Atlantis »

Like I have said in one of my previous posts, D-day will be 7 November.
Will it be not the best solution that we ALL wait till that day to discuss about the new name, livery, etc, etc. Its only a week and a half. One of our, members, major problems is that we have too big expectations and we want to have all the information from the early second. Maybe we are again disappointed after 7 November, so maybe its good to take our foot off the gaz.

One of the members said that he had the name, good for him, but he will not say anything about it till 7 November. Otherwise we have to see again 5 extra pages of speculations and gossips.

fly

Post by fly »

check your pm ;-)

Established02

Post by Established02 »

I agree, let's keep the suspense up to 07/11.

For me it's nice to dwell a few moments longer in the illusion that the name "SABENA" may be resurrected. :roll:

I guess that the one that dares to reveal the new name before the press conference will spend eternity covered with tar and feathers. 8)

TWA

Post by TWA »

They must have been really drunk if they choose Brussels Airlines, one of my friends said, because when you are sober and when you say "Brussels Airlines" your tongue gets twisted (tongverstuiking)... don't know the word in English.

Commercially a very unattractive name, however we could call it by its abreviation BA.

fokker_f27

Post by fokker_f27 »

Commercially a very unattractive name, however we could call it by its abbreviation BA.
But, then we wouldn't know the difference between British Airways and Brussels airlines...
The most sexy girl in the sky: The Sud-Est Caravelle 12.

teach

Post by teach »

its a strange name for an airline, but its short.
Short eh? How about 'S'? That way they get to keep the famous S-tail.

galaxy

Post by galaxy »

TWA wrote:
Commercially a very unattractive name, however we could call it by its abreviation BA.
British Airways ? :roll:

b720

Post by b720 »

indeed I like Ssssssssssss

Johan23

Post by Johan23 »

EBBR can you pm me what you do for SNBA or VEX? I think you don't really know the new name. It's a pitty we cannot proove that afterwards cause you'll say: "I knew". Anyway whatever...

Cheerioh

luchtzak

Post by luchtzak »

Don't spoil the fun for everyone and wait for the official release in 2 weeks ;)

Johan23

Post by Johan23 »

Hey Luchtzak,

do you work for SNBA?

Cheerioh

FlightSimCrew

Post by FlightSimCrew »

Cool down guys, dont get excited about who knows and who does not know the name, brand, strategic plans, and ...like luchtzak said.. wait and see
EBBR, I can only suggest to be quite carefull spilling information on this forum on what you might know.. :!:

Patatje_

oo-ssg to qaps

Post by Patatje_ »

on the website www.snbatechnics.be , they say OO-SSG left today to QAPS for repainting...

Robin_Bamps

Re: oo-ssg to qaps

Post by Robin_Bamps »

Patatje_ wrote:on the website www.snbatechnics.be , they say OO-SSG left today to QAPS for repainting...
It was OO-SSG indeed. Logged by ACARS :

OO-SSG SN / DAT A319-112 SN6001 26. Oct 2006 18:19

Regards, Robin Bamps.

sn26567

Post by sn26567 »

Many people in this forum already said the name will be BRUSSELS AIRLINES. One person claiming to know the new name denied this. And still: Trends Magazine yesterday and La Libre Belgique today confirmed the new name will be Brussels Airlines. I still think it is the most likely outcome, but I would not bet my salary on it...

Unless SN/VEX has itself orchestrated a false rumour campaign around "Brussels Airlines" to make the surprise even more complete?
André
ex Sabena #26567

stevie

Post by stevie »

belgian world airlines was the best I saw
-> brussels airport belong now to the bigger airports in the world
sow... I think that is the best name
belgian frietzak airlines is a nice name too

Flybaboo

Post by Flybaboo »

A short name? What about just "SN" or "SN.com"??

Advantages:
- the name directly refers to the former Belgian carrier "SABENA", very well known, especially in Europe and Africa
- they can maintain partly the livery and the famous "S" on the tail
- they can also easily keep the IATA code "SN"

And there is a precedent: Russian carrier Sibir Airlines became S7 a couple of months ago…

b720

Post by b720 »

The famous S on the tail can remain even if the new name does not refer to an S.... to us it still stands for Sabena but to those who did not know Sabena (in a decade or so many would not even remember or have known Sabena) it is a nice kind of trademark or logo....I hope they will keep the S on the tail unless they come up with something equally appealing like a Z for instance..

Flybaboo

Post by Flybaboo »

No they can't do that, because a letter is not a neutral symbol, so if the new name doesn't start with an "S", they just can't use the "Sabena-S" on the tail anymore. From a commercial point of view, it would be a very stupid idea to do so…

Avro

Post by Avro »

sn26567 wrote: Unless SN/VEX has itself orchestrated a false rumour campaign around "Brussels Airlines" to make the surprise even more complete?

That's what I think has happened. If Brussels Airlines were to be the new name then SN did a bad job in keeping the secret and by choosing the name ;)

just my 2 cents of course. Let's just wait and see.....

Chris