SN Brussels Airlines and Virgin Express going together

Join this forum to discuss the latest news that happened in the world of commercial aviation.

Moderator: Latest news team

Avro

Post by Avro »

TWA wrote:Brussels Airlines, I hear this name more and louder every day at work. :roll:
I would rather suspect that "Brussels Airlines" would be a rumour name which was intentionally leaked out. It would be strange if they'd call the airline like that. It's not an easy name to remember for the people...

Chris

Established02

Post by Established02 »

Avro wrote:
TWA wrote:Brussels Airlines, I hear this name more and louder every day at work. :roll:
I would rather suspect that "Brussels Airlines" would be a rumour name which was intentionally leaked out.
Anyone knows another company that intentionally leaked out a false name in order to protect the new name until the official proclamation day?

As a distant outsider I did notice some e-mail addresses with the @brusselsairlines.com extension.

joh

Post by joh »

I don't think that the future name will be brusselsairlines.com simply because this domain was created in 2002.

According to indom.com, i found this

Domain Name: BRUSSELSAIRLINES.COM
Registrar: WILD WEST DOMAINS, INC.
Whois Server: whois.wildwestdomains.com
Referral URL: http://www.wildwestdomains.com
Name Server: NS3.ASP.BE
Name Server: NS4.ASP.BE
Updated Date: 19-jul-2006
Creation Date: 29-jan-2002
Expiration Date: 29-jan-2007

joh

AlexanderM

Post by AlexanderM »

ok, but when you go to www.brusselsairlines.com, you'll see that it's an SN website. As it is registered in 2002 (just like brusselsairlines.be), this does not suggest that the company's new name would be Brussels Airlines. I don't think we will find any hints in domain names... Also the sabena.be domain hasn't changed recently, but maybe they just wait unil 7 november.
I realy hope they will keep the S-tail tough, and this won't be the case if it will be brussels airlines :(

--
Alexander

sn26567

Post by sn26567 »

Atlantis wrote:There will be, off course, also a new inflight magazine. The English company who made this magazine can't say anything till that date. The launch date of this new magazine is December.
https://www.aviation24.be/article12703.html
André
ex Sabena #26567

sn26567

Post by sn26567 »

Established02 wrote:As a distant outsider I did notice some e-mail addresses with the @brusselsairlines.com extension.
All the current e-mail addresses of SN BA staff are already @brusselsairlines.com since the beginning!
André
ex Sabena #26567

Robin_Bamps

Post by Robin_Bamps »

The web address www.brusselsairlines.com was already on SNBA planes years ago. See this picture made on June 22nd 2003 :

http://www.planepictures.net/netshow.php?id=113133

Though, there is some movement going on. Read this post at Scramble :

http://www.scramble.nl/forum/viewtopic.php?p=142219

Hmmmm...

Regards, Robin Bamps.

Tommypilot

Post by Tommypilot »

They know more in The Netherlands then we do in Belgium :roll:

But it doesn't surprise me anymore...

Wait and see...

sn26567

Post by sn26567 »

André
ex Sabena #26567

tolipanebas

Post by tolipanebas »

I can confirm there is soon one A319 to go to QAPS in AMS to be repainted in the new colours of SN. This plane will be flown back to BRU overnight on Nov 6th, (estimated landing time foreseen is 23h30LT, but this will most probably be delayed by a few hours) and immediately be parked inside the DAT hanger H117 in BRU for the official presentation ceremony the following day.

I am affraid QAPS will have been asked not to link to the new livery of SN on their site before it has officially been presented to the word on Nov 7th...but wouldn't it be cool if some spotters would have the courage to stay up for this event and try to capture a glimps of the plane, so we can already have the first clandistine pictures of the new 'Brussels Airlines' livery BEFORE the official ceremony?

The plane will most probably land on 25R and vacate to the right, going straight in the hangar, so ideal locations would be the spotting corner at RWY25R or the security post at ABELAG, from where you look staight into the H117.
Last edited by tolipanebas on 24 Oct 2006, 13:53, edited 1 time in total.

Fiero

Post by Fiero »

Name will be covered with a protective foil.
And logo lights off I asume.

b720

Post by b720 »

I'll be landing at 22:30 06 nov on AZ from MXP..any chances i'll be able to spot the A319?

foxtrot_lima_yankee

Post by foxtrot_lima_yankee »

What about that Avro I saw landing today with a strange SN livery??
It was colourful, there was no S on the tail but it said SN and the S was curved like in Sabena s S in the first stages of its existance in an overall oldfashioned design. Could it be an avant-gout?

b-west

Post by b-west »

That's just one of the special "summer" designs that were applied to SN planes and that are still flying around...

Hmmm... no wonder the summer seems to last so long ;)

cherdt

Post by cherdt »

Wouldn't it be weired to tell people that the new name of "SN Brussels airlines" will be "Brussels Airlines"? I mean would that really be worth all the fuss??? Most people wouldn't even notice the name change...

babolat-blast

Post by babolat-blast »

If it is true that the new livery will be presented on Nov 7th, it will be exactly 5 years after the bankruptcy of SABENA...

Isn't that the right moment to relaunch the company and call it again SABENA?

AlexanderM

Post by AlexanderM »

cherdt wrote:Wouldn't it be weired to tell people that the new name of "SN Brussels airlines" will be "Brussels Airlines"? I mean would that really be worth all the fuss??? Most people wouldn't even notice the name change...
I agree with that. Brussels Airlines wouldn't really be a "new" name.

EBBR

Post by EBBR »

I know the new name already for a week or 2, you will all be surprised!!

fly

Post by fly »

ebbr,

without saying the name what are your thoughts on it?

regards

EBBR

Post by EBBR »

fly wrote:without saying the name what are your thoughts on it?
You can scratch these of your list > Sabena Brussels airlines Brussels express Bruair

its a strange name for an airline, but its short. if advertising and marketing are good the new name could do well, yet I have my doubts.