Centavia - Serbias new low-cost carrier ready this summer!

Join this forum to discuss the latest news that happened in the world of commercial aviation.

Moderator: Latest news team

JAT_boy_BEG

Centavia - Serbias new low-cost carrier ready this summer!

Post by JAT_boy_BEG »

In a newsletter recently sent to my email from the company, Centavia, Serbis first low-cost carrier is ready to take to the skies this summer.

We are happy to announce that all negotiations between the newly founded airline Centavia (Central European Aviation) and BAE Systems, UK, about the lease of 2 commercial aircraft type BAE 146 (Jumbolino) have been successfully concluded last week. This 4-engine passenger plane, also known as "Whisperjet" for its low noise generation and perfectly designed for the operation as a regional jet, is in use by well-established airlines such as Lufthansa, Swiss and British Airways and many other european airlines. The plane is equipped with 98 comfortable leather seats and will be introduced during summer 2006 on commercial routes to Egypt, Turkey, Greece and Spain.
From forthcoming autumn on we will then establish regular connections on a low cost basis from Belgrade to destinations in Germany, Switzerland, Italy and Slovakia.
Jugoslovenski Aero Transport

SerbAviation

Post by SerbAviation »

It will be nice to see them in the sky. I hope they actually pain their aicrafts because they are showing a all white livery on their web site.

Kaninchen87

Post by Kaninchen87 »

On their website everything is "coming soon" so I'm really curious to know all destinations (some are already known, like Bergamo, Cologne, Budapest,....) and prices and so on.

But according to you, JAT_boy_BEG, they will fly mainly to the south no?
Last edited by Kaninchen87 on 25 May 2006, 11:16, edited 1 time in total.

airbuske

Post by airbuske »

On their site you can see that they will start flights to Basel , Cologne, Bratislava, Budapest , Hamburg and Milan Bergamo.

19 euro one way , taxes and charges not included.
Best regards,

Airbuske

SerbAviation

Post by SerbAviation »

Today the airline announced they would talk to Nis (INI) Airport where they will discuss it as a possible future destination.
Predrag Vujovic (director of Centavia) also said the first of their aircrafts should arrive in 10 days.

JAT_boy_BEG

Post by JAT_boy_BEG »

and there is a pic of their aircraft on their website, and those bloody bastards are stealing the JAT livery!!! LOL :wink:

yeah, i have also heard that INI may become a destination or hub. I think we could possibly see a BEG-INI route with centavia.

SerbAviation

Post by SerbAviation »

Flights begin June 15th but they will become low cost from September. Now I can see why Jat is not fearing them. They probably leased the aircrafts for 2 months and by the time they become low cost they wont have any aircrafts.

Cesare

Post by Cesare »

When will go on sale the new low cost routes?

Cesare

Post by Cesare »

SerbAviation wrote:Today the airline announced they would talk to Nis (INI) Airport where they will discuss it as a possible future destination.
Where is Nis?
Sorry :oops:

JAT_boy_BEG

Post by JAT_boy_BEG »

Where is Nis? no probs. Nis is in central eastern Serbia towards the Bulagrian-Serbian border. It is a fairly large city and you should easily find it on a map. Hope this helps. And to add to that, it is Serbias 3 largest airport, after BEG and PRN.

Well, Germanwings will have competition on the BEG-CGN route if Centavia takes to the skies and survives. And it is a smart move for them not to compete with JAT, as for sure they will loose. I mean, Centavia is nothing compared to the other competition they have chased away such as TK and QF to start off. It is about time we see a non-stop BEG-BTS service. I am surprised JAT haven't taken the route. I think AGX is doing the BEG-Bergamo route as cargo, so no problems there. BEG-HAM, about bloody time. I know JAT used to fly to HAM and HAJ when they had their DC9-30's, but they're gone. And i don't know why JAT had dropped BEG-Basel. Goodluck to Centavia.

hakan

Post by hakan »

Any new competition will be welcomed in Serbia. I wish all the best to Centavia. I am sure they will offer alternatives to passengers who wants to try another airline. Also some new routes will make the life easier for the people who wants to visit the region. 8)

JAT_boy_BEG

Post by JAT_boy_BEG »

Well, at the moment, Centavia is not even considered to be a threat to JAT, due to their routes. Also, JAT has another competition to worry about. Master Airways. As Master Airways announced that they will start flights from INI to ZRH, FRA and a couple other destinations, JAT has said that they will from August launch LHR, FRA and VIE and another destination that i can't remember but i think it was MUC. And all from INI.

I hope Centavia actually takes to the skies and doesn't turn out to be another Air Maxi.

I am hoping JAT will start a LCC of their own. Would be great. I think they should call it Aeroput, as that was their founding name back in 1927. Start off with a couple B733's and an ATR72, and they should be fine with some competition coming ahead.

JAT_boy_BEG

Post by JAT_boy_BEG »

MA tried to get the rights to fly to BEG but were rejected. It was daily with i think CRJ7 or CRJ2 a/c, not too sure.

I do hope that maybe MA and JU could both take the route. 1 airline in the morning and 1 in the evening on a daily flight, codesharing each others flights wouldn't sound too bad.

Maybe SkyEurope might want to give BEG a go next year. I know EK, JP and FR are desperately wanting flights to BEG. FR want to establish a hub in BEG apparently.

SerbAviation

Post by SerbAviation »

JAT_boy_BEG wrote:Well, at the moment, Centavia is not even considered to be a threat to JAT, due to their routes. Also, JAT has another competition to worry about. Master Airways. As Master Airways announced that they will start flights from INI to ZRH, FRA and a couple other destinations.
Master Airways has been faced with problems on Friday (yesterday) as they have not completed papers needed to get clearance to fly and the registration board is angry at them.
JAT_boy_BEG wrote:JAT has said that they will from August launch LHR, FRA and VIE and another destination that i can't remember but i think it was MUC. And all from INI.
I also heard about this. Maybe the CRJ's arrive by that time.
JAT_boy_BEG wrote:I hope Centavia actually takes to the skies and doesn't turn out to be another Air Maxi.
I hope so to but Predrag Vujovic, director of Centavia would do anything for money and I wouldn't be surprised if he took his money from Cetavia and left 3 months later while the airline goes bankrupt. I hope I'm wrong. For once I would like to fly at a low price.
JAT_boy_BEG wrote:I am hoping JAT will start a LCC of their own. Would be great. I think they should call it Aeroput, as that was their founding name back in 1927. Start off with a couple B733's and an ATR72, and they should be fine with some competition coming ahead
Jat's regional prices are already at a pretty low price. I think painting planes in new colours, branding everything in catering with the new (Jat’s lcc) logo would be very expensive. But if Jat were a bit richer that would be ideal. If they got new planes Jat could set up a lcc using older ATR’s

n5528p

Post by n5528p »

JAT_boy_BEG wrote:Well, Germanwings will have competition on the BEG-CGN route if Centavia takes to the skies and survives. And it is a smart move for them not to compete with JAT, as for sure they will loose. I mean, Centavia is nothing compared to the other competition they have chased away such as TK and QF to start off.
Why should they not compete with JAT? Of course one tries to pick markets where there is little or no competition - but the JAT you're talking about is not anymore. Sorry, but what you said about QF is simply rubbish.

As before, it is understood that you are very enthusiastic about JAT, but could we remain a little closer to reality and little farther from tales?

Regards, Bernhard

JAT_boy_BEG

Post by JAT_boy_BEG »

n5528p wrote:
JAT_boy_BEG wrote:Well, Germanwings will have competition on the BEG-CGN route if Centavia takes to the skies and survives. And it is a smart move for them not to compete with JAT, as for sure they will loose. I mean, Centavia is nothing compared to the other competition they have chased away such as TK and QF to start off.
Why should they not compete with JAT? Of course one tries to pick markets where there is little or no competition - but the JAT you're talking about is not anymore. Sorry, but what you said about QF is simply rubbish.

As before, it is understood that you are very enthusiastic about JAT, but could we remain a little closer to reality and little farther from tales?

Regards, Bernhard
Yes, QF left BEG because of JAT. JAT was set to expand on their Australian routes with apprently to be leased B747's or their purchased MD11's and increased frequencies. QF left BEG in 1988, JAT kept flying till 1991 untill they were FORCED to end ALL internatioanl routes. Now, for JAT to try to chase competition, highly unlikely.

It is better for a new start up company to avoid competition, so they can build up a reputation for them selves. People are highly unlikely to go from being a loyal customer to 1 airline, then decide to fly another airline which is also doing the same route. And yes, they can choose to compete who ever they want, just is it a good thing for them to?

Serbaviation, well repainting should not be a problem for JAT. I mean, does JAT currently have a livery on their a/c. No. Their planes are all white with that ugly trashy "Jat Airways" logo. I missed those good old big block letters. I should start up a petition to get those big blue block "JAT" letters back on their a/c. :lookaround: LOL

horizon

Post by horizon »

Centavia has experienced stuff especially their Ceo and i think the will be a good complement to jat. If they start flying to Budapest, Bucharest, Sofiya and some airports in the west which ryan air uses, it would also be great if they started some cooperation with Wizzair, Germanwings and so on.

JAT_boy_BEG

Post by JAT_boy_BEG »

horizon wrote:Centavia has experienced stuff especially their Ceo and i think the will be a good complement to jat. If they start flying to Budapest, Bucharest, Sofiya and some airports in the west which ryan air uses, it would also be great if they started some cooperation with Wizzair, Germanwings and so on.
OTP and BUC doesn't sound to bad, but JU is flying to SOF daily with ATR's. I don't think it will leave room for Centavia. With OTP, there have been rumours that TAROM intend to open a OTP-BEG route, which was supposed to commence 1 month after TK re-commenced flights to BEG.