New super sonic passenger jet being developped.

Join this forum to discuss the latest news that happened in the world of commercial aviation.

Moderator: Latest news team

JoNnika

New super sonic passenger jet being developped.

Post by JoNnika »

The US and Japan are working on a new concorde that would consume less kerosine than it's previous version. The project is planned to start in June and will be participated by Boeing. The Japanese already had an agreement for research with the French and after a test flight with a small prototype the US was willing to join. The Japanese want to develop a version that would only make 1 percent of the noise the Concorde did and would be able to fly 200 to 300 passengers from Tokio to LA in 5 hours (YES, 5 !!!!! hours) starting service in 2020. Japanese companies involved in the project are Ishikawajima-Harima Heavy Industries Co., Kawasaki Heavy Industries Ltd., Mitsubishi Heavy Industries Ltd. en Fuji Heavy Industries Ltd.

Source: HLN http://www.hln.be/hlns/cache/det/art_20 ... omArtikels Dutch language but happily translated for you by me, myself and i :)
Last edited by JoNnika on 21 May 2006, 18:32, edited 1 time in total.

Old Nickname - VG

Re: New concorde on the way by 2020

Post by Old Nickname - VG »

Very Good To Hear This But IfITs Gone Be Cheap To Fly :?

And Whats The Name From The Industrie Together?

greetz,
didier

CX

Post by CX »

I'm sure the Japanese can get this thing flying within 10 years if the aviation market by then can support it... for instance if oil prices drop..

vc-10

Post by vc-10 »

Well, you know how good the Japanese are at enginearing fast things....look at the Shinkansen train.