Multi million Terminal 2 opens in Belgrade

Join this forum to discuss the latest news that happened in the world of commercial aviation.

Moderator: Latest news team

SerbAviation

Multi million Terminal 2 opens in Belgrade

Post by SerbAviation »

After 2 years of construction the new terminal (T2) opened in Serbia’s capital Belgrade in May 2006. The new terminal is now the leading airport in the region. The airport has a capacity of 5 million passengers and is equipped with gates that can handle the Airbus A380. The airport has 30 check in desks and the latest security technology. Terminal 2 will now be the airports main terminal.
Here are photos. When you click on them they will enlarge

http://www.aerodrom-beograd.co.yu/code/ ... php?Id=150

Kaninchen87

Post by Kaninchen87 »

Great to see!

Are there alos pics available taken from the outside?

SerbAviation

Post by SerbAviation »

Kaninchen87 wrote:Great to see!

Are there alos pics available taken from the outside?
Yep
http://www.aerodrom-beograd.co.yu/uploa ... ke/003.jpg
This is from a long time ago. Now that extrior is complete and has a big sign saying Belgrade Nikola Tesla Airport

Here are some of T1 and T2 exterior
http://www.aerodrom-beograd.co.yu/uploa ... ke/001.jpg

http://www.aerodrom-beograd.co.yu/uploa ... ke/009.jpg

And here are some T2 gates
http://www.aerodrom-beograd.co.yu/uploa ... ke/011.jpg

http://www.aerodrom-beograd.co.yu/uploa ... ke/012.jpg

:)

Kaninchen87

Post by Kaninchen87 »

Nice to see!

Very modern building, big capacity.

Now you only have to wait until the day when the A380 comes to Belgrado :wink:

SerbAviation

Post by SerbAviation »

Kaninchen87 wrote:Nice to see!

he he he doubt it will happen any time soon but it's good to be optimistic :wink:

Kaninchen87

Post by Kaninchen87 »

SerbAviation wrote:
Kaninchen87 wrote:Nice to see!

he he he doubt it will happen any time soon but it's good to be optimistic :wink:
that's the spirit :wink:

earthman

Post by earthman »

A bit off-topic (except for the name), but it would be nice if WAW finally finished their Terminal 2. They managed to get a 16 month delay on a project that was supposed to take 2 years.

I did see a few airbridges sticking out of the thing last weekend though. It's supposed to partially open this month, at least the new arrivals part. Not a moment to soon either. Maybe the airbridges will be used too? I hope to be able to tell a bit more in 2 weeks.

earthman

Post by earthman »

On-topic, why on earth do people install that type of baggage belt? They have the same flat-and-open-inside belts at WAW; every time the belts are used at least one piece of luggage falls off to the inside of the belt, making it hard to get to it. Is it really that hard to at least make a high edge on the inside of the belt to prevent that?

SerbAviation

Post by SerbAviation »

New photos from the terminal (click)

blrBird

Post by blrBird »

Looks good.

what's the floor area of the new terminal and how many jet bridges are there?

earthman

Post by earthman »

It looks soooo small!

JAT_boy_BEG

Post by JAT_boy_BEG »

I like the new terminal. It looks all new and modern. The only problem i have is that T1 is still bigger than T2, but people refer to T1 as the smaller "domestic terminal". T1 to my knowledge has atleast 8 gates. T2 has gone from 4 to now 6 gates.

Yes, the new terminal is a bit small, but so are the passenger numbers. This is will change next year when LCC and other airline start their flights to BEG, and to other Serbian airports.

I have some pics of the check in desks at BEG, but am trying to find the links.

Well T2 looks fantastic, so i can't wait to see what will be the final result of T1. A third terminal looks likely to happen. This will come with the completed cargo terminal, and a 2nd runway also capable to hold the A380.
Jugoslovenski Aero Transport

SerbAviation

Post by SerbAviation »

There are rumours of a new control tower being built but I can’t confirm it.

jsd95

Post by jsd95 »

Is it a brand new terminal ?? If so, the exterior and interior design of the bulding is nearer from the 70's than nowadays... :?

SerbAviation

Post by SerbAviation »

jsd95 wrote:Is it a brand new terminal ?? If so, the exterior and interior design of the bulding is nearer from the 70's than nowadays... :?
No, It is a refurbished terminal from the 80’s

JAT_boy_BEG

Post by JAT_boy_BEG »

All i can say is that i think a new control tower is being built for BEG. I'm not too sure, because i know that serveral other Serbian airports are also having a re-construction done to them as well. Uzice/Ponikve, Kraljevo are the ones on the top of my head that i can remember. Both those are said to be getting cargo carriers once their re-construction is done.

I have seen some pictures of Terminal 2 from outside looking towards the gates. When at the gates of T2, writen in large Serbian cyrilic lettering and also in English writes "Nikola Tesla", which is below the Aerodrom Beogard letters.

Recently, BEG enjoyed the arrival of 3 An 124 a/c's taking cars to HKT for a competition. On the same day, an Iceland Air B757 also came into BEG from Reykjavik bound for AUH. It was said to be carrying Pamela Anderson and a few other famous Americans, who stayed the night in Beograd, but am not sure if it is true.

SerbAviation

Post by SerbAviation »

JAT_boy_BEG wrote:All i can say is that i think a new control tower is being built for BEG. I'm not too sure, because i know that serveral other Serbian airports are also having a re-construction done to them as well. Uzice/Ponikve, Kraljevo are the ones on the top of my head that i can remember. Both those are said to be getting cargo carriers once their re-construction is done.

I have seen some pictures of Terminal 2 from outside looking towards the gates. When at the gates of T2, writen in large Serbian cyrilic lettering and also in English writes "Nikola Tesla", which is below the Aerodrom Beogard letters.

Recently, BEG enjoyed the arrival of 3 An 124 a/c's taking cars to HKT for a competition. On the same day, an Iceland Air B757 also came into BEG from Reykjavik bound for AUH. It was said to be carrying Pamela Anderson and a few other famous Americans, who stayed the night in Beograd, but am not sure if it is true.
Yes that's true. It was for "Gumball 3000".
Yesterday Airport Belgrade also announced construction of Valjevo Airport

n5528p

Post by n5528p »

earthman wrote:On-topic, why on earth do people install that type of baggage belt? They have the same flat-and-open-inside belts at WAW; every time the belts are used at least one piece of luggage falls off to the inside of the belt, making it hard to get to it. Is it really that hard to at least make a high edge on the inside of the belt to prevent that?
Absolutely right, but as soon as they find out that placing advertisement there, they will fill the gap. :D

Regards, Bernhard

JAT_boy_BEG

Post by JAT_boy_BEG »

Apparently, equipment from BEG T1 will be transferred to Bor Airport.

horizon

Post by horizon »

I hope that they will continue with reconstruction of terminal 2 at the gates and the area close to it. I mean 80 % is finished but not the waiting area at the gates, they should change the floor, put new windows that you could look out, more wc and tv-with advertising etc. And i also hope that they would add another floor on the roof with exclusive restaurants, business lounge and perhaps a atari/sega corner for kids too. T1 should integrate with t2 because we do not ned 6 gates for domestic travelling any longer, perhaps gates a7-9 should serve nis and kopaonik/raska region. The metallic chairs should be sold and new ones be bought, they are too sad to sit or to look on