Merger SNBA-VEX: other questions

Join this forum to discuss the latest news that happened in the world of commercial aviation.

Moderator: Latest news team

DannyVDB

Merger SNBA-VEX: other questions

Post by DannyVDB »

Hi all,

I start a new topic since the previous one is already very long and is focused on the discussion about the name.

Although the name/brand is an important issue, I think there are some other important issues as well. I put them here as open questions. Please add other questions and give your opinion ...

- What will happen after the merger with all the codeshares: will some be dropped (since VEX also have some slots which might replace codeshare slots) or at least re-arranged

- What will happen with the websites: will one of them be transformed in the new corporate website or will there remain two websites, one for the 'LCC' type of passengers, one for the other passengers (is that done by other companies as well)?

- What will happen with Privilege?

- Which are the 'strong' routes that they will develop (the 40+ of which they are speaking). Which could be the routes that will be dropped?

- What will happen with the B737. Will they add a business class section added?

Regards,
Danny

Gate-A1

Re: Merger SNBA-VEX: other questions

Post by Gate-A1 »

DannyVDB wrote:Hi all,
- What will happen after the merger with all the codeshares: will some be dropped (since VEX also have some slots which might replace codeshare slots) or at least re-arranged

All the flight will be operated under the "new" company, so no need of codeshares.

DannyVDB wrote:
- What will happen with the websites: will one of them be transformed in the new corporate website or will there remain two websites, one for the 'LCC' type of passengers, one for the other passengers (is that done by other companies as well)?

If they have a new name we will see a new websites wyle a redirection will be in place from older sites.

I think that we will see onely one websites as it seem the low cost (or low fare, just cost difficult to now where is Virgin now) will onely be a class as we have economy now
DannyVDB wrote:
- What will happen with Privilege?

It's a name who begin to be now and who has been awarded by somes prices so it should be better to keep it, but who knows...
DannyVDB wrote:
- Which are the 'strong' routes that they will develop (the 40+ of which they are speaking). Which could be the routes that will be dropped?

Somes of the European road are deep in the red both in SN an in Virgin, so there is no need to keep then but I'm sure we will keep London City, Berlin Temperlof for example who are one of the workhorse of SNBA european network.

Athens, nice Barcelona and Lisbon should also stay as good lines for VEX currently
DannyVDB wrote:
- What will happen with the B737. Will they add a business class section added?

There is already a "more legroom area" but indeed somes slight changes should be needed to leave the Virgin express spirit off.

burner737

Post by burner737 »

Gate-A1 wrote: Somes of the European road are deep in the red both in SN an in Virgin, so there is no need to keep then but I'm sure we will keep London City, Berlin Temperlof for example who are one of the workhorse of SNBA european network.
Since when is SNBA flying to London City ?
I think the only belgian Airline who flies to LCY is VLM ...
correct me if i'm wrong ...

Regards Tim

Avro

Post by Avro »

Indeed SN is not going to LCY !!!

I suppose the new company will refurbish the 737's , because they really need a new interior and some harmonisation. Last time I flew VEX (2002) the interiors where different in the 2 B737's...

I also wonder what they'll do with the 3 A319's....

Chris

DannyVDB

Post by DannyVDB »

Gate-A1 wrote:

All the flight will be operated under the "new" company, so no need of codeshares.

I meant rather the codeshares with AZ, IB, TP, ..., so mainly the codeshares in Europe where SNBA had arrangements and good schedule because of the codeschare partner.

Danny

Atlantis

Post by Atlantis »

Avro wrote: I also wonder what they'll do with the 3 A319's....

Chris
As I'm already mentioned in an other topic, two of the three A319 have found a new buyer. But SNBA keep them at this moment in service till the current contract is finished.

Gate-A1

Post by Gate-A1 »

DannyVDB wrote:
Gate-A1 wrote:

I meant rather the codeshares with AZ, IB, TP, ..., so mainly the codeshares in Europe where SNBA had arrangements and good schedule because of the codeschare partner.

Danny
The reason why there is codeshares is

- lack of slots on somes airport
- lack of aircraft for a specific relation
- difficults markets
- tiny market for SN who onely help to fill the african network

and theses reason will not dissapear after the merger.

and it true LCY is not anymore a SN Destination, sorry

ATC

Post by ATC »

Gate-A1,

With all do respect if you don't know the answers to the questions, please do not respond.
There's a big difference between "I think" and "I know".
This forum has many "thinkers", but little few "knowers".

I'm convinced DannyVDB started this subject to get some facts from people inside SN/VEX or the aviation world.

with Respect,

ATC
Last edited by ATC on 14 May 2006, 21:18, edited 1 time in total.