Fire at Sabena Technics

Join this forum to discuss the latest news that happened in the world of commercial aviation.

Moderator: Latest news team

foxtrot_lima_yankee

Post by foxtrot_lima_yankee »

Same for you Rago, this is not a lawcourt forum

Rago

Post by Rago »

foxtrot_lima_yankee wrote:Same for you Rago, this is not a lawcourt forum
No problemo to me, but if you're making a point, just give us the "hard facts" not the "kakpraat"

But I see that you're already talking "pink" instead of "red". Can we conclude that your "source" wasn't that reliable as you thought?

foxtrot_lima_yankee

Yes you may.
Everyone has the right to suppose what he wishes to and to have his own opinion.
When using terms like "definitely", I m expressing my own opinion. To you to agree with it or not, give your arguments if you wish to.

I ll try to say neutral, but this is shocking news to all of us, everyone expexts more information, instead we are all stucked down here, with nothing else than to start arguing eachother on eachother s speculations.

Anyone got some information about any press-conferences?

teach

Post by teach »

teach, never heard of freedom of speech?
Libel doesn't fall under freedom of speech. Not sure how the cold war enters into the equation...

Everybody is entitled to their opinion, but when expressing it, indicate so. Saying something is definately this or that way (i.e. as a FACT, like you did) does not lead one to believe you're stating an opinion.

ElcoB

Post by ElcoB »

Anyone got some information.......
Carla Daniëls, spokerswoman from Sabena Tecnics declared on saterday, activities may be moved to France. No final shedule is made yet.

http://www.demorgen.be/telex/?news=B317701 (Dutch)

Atlantis

Post by Atlantis »

There was also a small item on the evening news of VRT.

This Monday, some people of Sabena Technics have to move, temporary, to France to work on the planes who had normally their heavy maintenance at BRU.
At this moment they are also re-install hangar 8 for the heavy maintenance. A part of this hangar is used for painting airplanes.

Sabena Technics would avoid that people will loose their job even for a short period.

I find this a very, very good spirit in this small Belgian aviation world.

foxtrot_lima_yankee

I m sorry about that. I will

dat-tech

Post by dat-tech »

i almost feel bad to say that its quite funny to hear all these speculations and conspiracy theories.

the truth is that many people's daily life is affected by this fire...

cleaning 'BGS' who have to work in ther own clothes becouse all there personal belongings gone up in flames...

virgin express who lost there stock...
SNBA Technics lost there A319 stock.
sn technics who have to leave there family to work in france and not shure about there job.
and all employes from the direction, engineering who lost theredesks and belongings...

and does anyone know that behind hanger 40, there is hanger 23 ( or 32 i'm not shure), the sheet metal shop of sn technics.
and in that shop there is a salt bath, to soften the metal for process.
if that would catch fire and expode, there would'nt be any more 'Zaventhem'.

knowing this, why woult BIAC ask for the fire to continue???

greetz

Atlantis

Post by Atlantis »

dat-tech wrote: knowing this, why woult BIAC ask for the fire to continue???

greetz
For the safety of the firemen. Four airplanes in the hangar, some products, danger for explosions.

The firebrigade thought they had control over the fire at 2 o'clock. At 3 o'clock there was some panick because the fire lighted up. At 4 o'clock there were some small explosions.

Even if the firemen could safe half of the building, what can you do with that? It's better to build a whole new one.

A good decision or not, we will not know that.

tapclassic

Post by tapclassic »

when anything burns and there is no way to stop it is best to let it burn. Insurance will pay anyway and there is no point risking human life

Really glad no one got killed. Hope Sabena tech can be a Phoenix. I am sure all computer records are in a database far away from the hangars.

foxtrot_lima_yankee

I heard the badly injured SN technics technician has awaken and regained conscience. After recovery, he will certainly be interrogated.

beaucaire

Post by beaucaire »

SN Technics have been bought by TAT Industries in France last year.
So I suppose part of the jobs will be transferred to Nîmes...

liebensd

Post by liebensd »

So I suppose part of the jobs will be transferred to Nîmes...

A number of SN Technics staff will temporly be based in France where also some aircraft will be maintainanced there.

Greetz,

Dave

sn26567

Post by sn26567 »

Airbuspilot wrote:and my condolences to all involved
No condolences needed! Nobody has died, fortunately.
André
ex Sabena #26567

OO-VEX

Post by OO-VEX »

268 New exclusive pictures about the Sabena Technics H40 fire are now online. Check out the website of the fire department Zaventem (Brandweer Zaventem) :arrow: http://www.brandweer.zaventem.be/
I believe this is a brilliant website, which you all should see. (including the intro). The site is in Dutch only, but also interesting for our international guests as it contains plenty of pictures (= see foto's and wagenpark in the menu).

Fire department Zaventem was in charge of extinguishing the fire and was assisted by the BIAC airport fire department and several other teams from neighbouring villages and cities. This is the procedure for building fires at the airport. The airport fire department is taking the lead for airside accidents.

OO-VEX

luchtzak

Post by luchtzak »

Amazing pictures! You can clearly see how distructive this fire was! 8O 8O

Ovostar

Post by Ovostar »

your pics don't work :(

regi

Post by regi »

We did not hear any inside information about what happened between the crash and the fire. Was there any investigation? Was there an anouncement of an investigation?
Are these questions enough to get some of those so called lawyers send me letters?

Flying-Belgian

Post by Flying-Belgian »

A friend and colleague of mine who is vouluntary fireman at the Steenokkerzeel brigade told me that this order was given for pure safety measure. The biulding that was in flame was not a farm but a Technical hangar full of dangerous products/goods. So please... think twice before posting. :roll: