The merger of SNBA-TV

Join this forum to discuss the latest news that happened in the world of commercial aviation.

Moderator: Latest news team

FlightSimCrew

The merger of SNBA-TV

Post by FlightSimCrew »

Dear all, although already a topic exists on this I would like to channel all discussions with regards to today's announcements through this topic.. Thnks for following these guidelines. So if you have heard anything or have a comment to make... start writing !
Brgds
FSCrew

blackhawk

Post by blackhawk »

Well, within the the year, SN and Virgin are going to merge .... The new company will get a new name.

http://www.standaard.be/Artikel/Detail. ... 032006_001
http://www.tijd.be/nieuws/artikel.asp?Id=2188861
http://www.vrtnieuws.net/nieuwsnet_mast ... ndex.shtml

danieln

Post by danieln »

Old name or new name, we are just sure about one thing: ticket prices will rise sky high.

Perhaps this is the right time for a new LCC in Brussels. Easyjet, what are you waiting for?!

Schep

Post by Schep »

Ryanair will continue to launch new destinations in Belgium. A new plane will be based in Charleroi. They are also speaking with other airports in our country.

Regards,

Schep

Johan23

Post by Johan23 »

I love patriotism!!!
Who said anything about future prices?

Regards,
JOhan

airbuske

Post by airbuske »

SNBA is offering nice fares for early bookers.
I heard that it is doing quiet good.

So if they continue like this I would not say to fast that
the prices will be very high.
If you book enough in advance , you will have always a nice fare :wink:

We will have to wait and see what the future brings for SNBA/VEX and BRU!
Best regards,

Airbuske

BrightCedars

Post by BrightCedars »

What seems to be the problem is that the unions have a heavy say in this affair (since apparently everybody keeps their particular rights and seniorities). Which means that, should an all new airline be formed at BRU, it would immediately be in a better competing position.

I wonder if they're going to go for an all new brand or if they're going to keep SN Brussels Airlines. Maybe dropping the SN bit?

Airbus330lover

Post by Airbus330lover »

Name change is a bad idea.
Sabena .... DAT and SN Brussels.
Too much in 5 years.
The SN BRUSSELS Name is more and more know in other countries. Waste of money, for a poor result.....

airazurxtror

Post by airazurxtror »

According to "Le Soir" this morning :
- March 2007 : SNBA and Virgin Express disappear and birth of a new company, with own name and colors;
- two kinds of on-board service : one for "low-cost" passengers, another, more costly, for passengers wanting more leg room, changeable tickets, etc;
- the nex company will also fly to Africa and perhaps set up local flights.
- new aircraft might be bought, if the price is right;
- full integration of the two existing companies
- more details this friday

Airbus330lover

Post by Airbus330lover »

airazurxtror wrote:According to "Le Soir" this morning :
- March 2007 : SNBA and Virgin Express disappear and birth of a new company, with own name and colors;
- two kinds of on-board service : one for "low-cost" passengers, another, more costly, for passengers wanting more leg room, changeable tickets, etc;
- the nex company will also fly to Africa and perhaps set up local flights.
- new aircraft might be bought, if the price is right;
- full integration of the two existing companies
- more details this friday
New name..... why not SABENA ??

Cartman

Post by Cartman »

Does anyone knowany details about who will do the handling (both rotation and passanger handlaing)?
Last edited by Cartman on 31 Mar 2006, 12:51, edited 1 time in total.

blackhawk

Post by blackhawk »

They will create two "classes": one for the people who would like to pay more because time is important, and a class for the people who don't like to pay and would like to fly low fare (less comfort, smaller seat pitch, ...). They will also fly to north America with own planes!

SN too will hire more pilots!

Andries

Post by Andries »

Does anyone allready know what the new name will be ?
Maybe the A330's will get the niw titles during their repaint after maintenance ...

Greetz,

:twisted: Andries :twisted:
Don't dream your life, live your dream !!!

Andries

Post by Andries »

Just seen the VTM news.

They said :
:arrow: the merger should be complete by the Summer of 2007.
:arrow: they are aiming for, and will not be satisfied with less than, 55% marketshare on all destinations they currently operate out of Brussels. They want to be the undisputed #1 !
:arrow: the brands "SNBA" and "Virgin Express" will disappear,
:arrow: parts of current fleet will be replaced and expanded to eventually become a fleet of 5 more aircraft than the current fleet. (Probably the Avro's (I don't see them getting rid of those VEX 733's, certainly not after the aquisition of winglets for the 733's)) This probalby isn't in the same time-frame as the entire merger. Replacing several aircraft and aquiring 5 more would be hard in only 1 year time ...
:arrow: Both the low-fares passengers and the full-service passengers will be on the same aircraft, devided by a curtain ... (Maybe in the future we'll see aircraft with 4 classes instead of 3 ? First, Business, Economy and Low Cost)

Greetz,

:twisted: Andries :twisted:
Don't dream your life, live your dream !!!

Airbus330lover

Post by Airbus330lover »

Seems good but again a name changing is VERY bad in communication outside Belgium

Tommypilot

Post by Tommypilot »

Airbus330lover wrote:Seems good but again a name changing is VERY bad in communication outside Belgium
I agree, we had enough examples of airlines who returned to their old name after changing...

SNBA apparently has waken up (finally!)...now we just have to wait and see... :wink:
Tommy
The word "impossible" is not in my dictionary! - Napoleon Bonaparte

LX-LGX

Post by LX-LGX »

blackhawk wrote:They will create two "classes": one for the people who would like to pay more because time is important, and a class for the people who don't like to pay and would like to fly low fare (less comfort, smaller seat pitch, ...)
Will both classes in a plane depart and arrive on the same time?

In my humble opinion: SN and VEX have to do what BD is doing: British Midland, British Midland International, bmi baby

blackhawk

Post by blackhawk »

Tommypilot wrote:
Airbus330lover wrote:Seems good but again a name changing is VERY bad in communication outside Belgium
I agree, we had enough examples of airlines who returned to their old name after changing...

SNBA apparently has waken up (finally!)...now we just have to wait and see... :wink:
For me, in this case, the old name of SN Brussels Airlines is SABENA. Everyone knows SABENA, SN Brussels Airlines is almost unkown as brand in other countries. Even in Belgium how many are using the full name? They mention the company as SN, SN Brussels, SNBA, yes even Sabena.

AirDupont

Post by AirDupont »

I was there, so I'll give you a bone to bite in and discuss....hahahaha
4-6 long haul aircrafts but just 220-seaters, so maybe the 330's will be phased out???
13-16 737/319
avro's will stay until 2010 at least

Enjoy the bone

mafrick

Post by mafrick »

That's all very good news and the most important thing is that it is of a positive character.

But what will happen with the SN waiting list? there are still approx. 25 pilots waiting to begin? Will they do a new selection or will they use the existing list?

I believe that a new selection isn't cost effective and takes a lot of time.