The merger of SNBA-TV

Join this forum to discuss the latest news that happened in the world of commercial aviation.

Moderator: Latest news team

TWA

Post by TWA »

At the staff meeting, we were informed that the A330's are the cheapest leasings they can get at the moment, but they are too large for a small market as BRU and Belgium, passengers want to fly directly to their destination in Africa and not in an omnibus.

And about the name, somebody in the audience asked if a new name was already chosen and they said "yes". But it won't be revealed until much much later.
They also said clearly that the name Virgin Express will dissapear as much as SN Brussels, so I think you can forget about the S-tails in BRU next year (April '07)

The plan looks really promissing:
no redundancies,
making European network profitable again,
move to a refurbished "Sabenahouse" ,
new concept, i
f $$$$$ available more planes,
possible African "national" network(Cameroun or Lake District),
possible extension of long haul to North America.
and soo much more.

I just hope it won't take too much time.
In order to jump on the train they need to attack, and thank God they didn't choose for the opposit.

airazurxtror

Post by airazurxtror »

Are we sure that Sabena had such a fantastic reputation abroad and even in Belgium ? (remember the old say about "Such A Bad Experience...).

Why not return to Delta Air Transport, which at least has no negative feelings attached to?

TWA

Post by TWA »

Avro wrote:Am I the only that still thinks that Branson might still be behind and create a new bigger airline out of BRU, with some long haul destinations + the African hub in colaboration wit hthe new Camair ??

Maybe I'm dreaming to see Branson come back to BRU ;)

Chris
Nothing was said about Branson unfortunately, however he still is the biggest privat shareholder, I've been told.

Most of us think he will stay here with his money as long as needed to give him the necessary profit so that he can pull out later, or maybe not.......

Wish he could give the new Belgian national carrier some spare A/C but the smallest he has are A340-300 and they are going to Finnair, I think.

Airbus330lover

Post by Airbus330lover »

airazurxtror wrote:Are we sure that Sabena had such a fantastic reputation abroad and even in Belgium ? (remember the old say about "Such A Bad Experience...).

Why not return to Delta Air Transport, which at least has no negative feelings attached to?
such A Bad Ex.... is wel know and... perhaps one off the plus points.
When yous have critics, people know your name and .... it's perhaps better than be unknow :o
Last edited by Airbus330lover on 31 Mar 2006, 18:28, edited 1 time in total.

A350-lover

Post by A350-lover »

Avro wrote:Am I the only that still thinks that Branson might still be behind and create a new bigger airline out of BRU
I was also thinking for a moment about Richard Branson. Am i wrong, or does he still have 29% shares of SNBA? And Virgin just lounged Virgin Nigeria, because they want an African network...

TWA

Post by TWA »

Hey Avro,

If you are really Dutch, Branson is going to like you, because he adores Dutch people, that I know for sure.

757Mech

Post by 757Mech »

Hi,

I'm just wondering, they say in the Belgian news and newspapers the new name is still a secret...
I saw and heard the new name a month ago on the airport itself from the personnel. I'm sure some of the many personnel of SNBA and TV know it also...
It's just surprising nobody did tell...an absolute secret till when...?

Greets

R
Last edited by 757Mech on 31 Mar 2006, 19:56, edited 1 time in total.

DAT202D

Post by DAT202D »

757Mech wrote:Hi,

I'm just wondering, they say in the Belgian news and newspapers the new name is still a secret...
I saw and heard the new name a month ago on the airport itself from the personnel. I'm sure the many personnel of SNBA and TV know it also...
It's just surprising nobody did tell...an absolute secret till when...?

Greets

R
If you know it.. then don't be selfish and speak up !

OOVEX

Post by OOVEX »

I can assure you that nobody knows about the new name.
Virgin Europe has been on the virgin.com website for a very short while but it disappeared very fast, again that is only wild speculation (but still not impossible!)

Vinnie-Winnie

Post by Vinnie-Winnie »

Sabena used to stand for:

Such A Bloody Experience Never Again
Select A Better European National Airline

So what about not choosing this name again??? :P

Seriously though I'm surprised they can't fill their A333 fully.I was told that Kinshasa was a successful destinations for example! Therefore Yields must be low but still though they make their entire profits on the african market. very puzzled can anyone explain me?

Quickly checked and the only aircraft available with this capacity at the moment is the Boeing 767-200! Will SN (or whatever it will be called in the future) buy some second hand 767's? Or will they wait for 787-8??? (Long wait it will be!!!) Anyway that suggests that they are thinking about Boeing, even for their short haul fleet. (Might get a sweat deal as well!) Oh and finally should they base the new structure on Virgin's one it makes even more sense!

How will they improve the profitability of the european network? With Biac thinking about transforming the A pier in a low cost terminal, this worries me even more!

God the future looks so uncertain!

LX-LGX

Post by LX-LGX »

airazurxtror wrote:Are we sure that Sabena had such a fantastic reputation abroad and even in Belgium ? (remember the old say about "Such A Bad Experience...)
I share the same feelings. Ask 100 people at any check-in anywhere what they think when they hear "Sabena", and I think 50% will say "bankrupt" and 50% "Such a ..."

And for the French speaking luchtzak-members: please keep in mind Sabena is a French name, which is also a commercial disadvantage in Belgium.

blackhawk

Post by blackhawk »

Sabena used to stand for:

Such A Bloody Experience Never Again
Select A Better European National Airline
And also Seks Aan Boord En Niets Anders .

Don't forget to watch Ter Zake at 20.00!!! It's about the merger.

PS: vanaf 02:05 doorlopende herhalingen tot 6.00u. Eenmalige herhaling om 09.00u.

Virgin en SN

Virgin Express en SN Brussels Airlines fuseren. Het waren al zusterbedrijven, en vanaf volgend jaar worden ze één maatschappij met één naam. Welke dat zal zijn, is nog niet duidelijk.

Het staat wel vast dat de twee verschillende concepten behouden blijven. Goedkope vluchten zonder meer, naast duurdere met iets meer luxe.

Etienne Davignon, topman van SN Brussel Airlines komt naar de studio.
Last edited by blackhawk on 31 Mar 2006, 19:56, edited 2 times in total.

OOVEX

Post by OOVEX »

I can't watch because I'm stuck in my airport job till tonight!

:-)

757Mech

Post by 757Mech »

This what I saw and heard a month ago...
If it's not correct sorry...we will see....
Personal I hope they change it since then , just because...
A new name has to point to a new future not to the past as they did in this name...and also in the name from it's predecessors...

The name: SNV
SN characters in BLUE
V character in RED

R

vliegtuigfreak

Post by vliegtuigfreak »

I'm going to watch Terzake right now. I'm so excited what the future will bring for Belgian Aviation.

Greetingzz
Sonny :wink:

Avro

Post by Avro »

TWA wrote:Hey Avro,

If you are really Dutch, Branson is going to like you, because he adores Dutch people, that I know for sure.
No no I'm not Dutch, I'm Belgian ;)

Atlantis

Post by Atlantis »

The new name will be announced after the summer.

SabenaRebirth

Post by SabenaRebirth »

What about 'Belgian'? Just like 'American' 8)

But I still prefer Sabena!

OOVEX

Post by OOVEX »

Atlantis wrote:The new name will be announced after the summer.
they have to because staff is moving after summer...

SabenaRebirth

Post by SabenaRebirth »

I just saw 'Ter Zake' (VRT) and Davignon said the name will not contain 'Belgium'....