Eighth aircraft for Jetairfly and 100 new jobs

Join this forum to discuss the latest news that happened in the world of commercial aviation.

Moderator: Latest news team

Atlantis

Eighth aircraft for Jetairfly and 100 new jobs

Post by Atlantis »

Jetairfly did a good job last year. The pax numbers raised up to 1.500.000 and they had a load factor of 90%. Jetairfly is the third airline in Belgium.

Also financial they did it very well. That's why they decided to add an eighth (Boeing 737-400) aircraft to the fleet. This means also that they will hire 100 new pilots and flight attendants.

Source: Travel Magazine newsletter

DannyVDB

Post by DannyVDB »

Hi,

Good news ... Does anyone know where the plane will come from ...?

Danny

Sabena320

Post by Sabena320 »

Why do they need 100 pilots and flight attendants for 1 plane? (And yes Atlantis I'm back with my stupid question)

OO-SBZ

Re: Eighth aircraft for Jetairfly and 100 new jobs

Post by OO-SBZ »

Atlantis wrote:Also financial they did it very well.
As we can see there is a market for well-managed charter carriers in Europe: TUB and TCW are adding extra-capacity whereas TNT is reportedly earning good money... :wink:

Pity TUB will not get a brand-new plane but a "previously operated" one (in Ryanair's terminology).

Let's hope for the passengers the "new" 737-400 is not a TUC-like airliner.

BeN :idea:

burner737

Post by burner737 »

I wonder what reg this lady will wear ...

OO-TUD ??
OO-TUE ??
OO-???

Regards Tim

Atlantis

Post by Atlantis »

Maybe they took over an aircraft of futura?

The TUI group was doing bad (financial) last year, but Jetair Belgium and especially Jetairfly was doing very well.

@Sabena320

If an airline is doing well they invest in equipment and people. Jetair can offer more flights, more destinations and to do that you need people. And those 100 are not only for one aircraft. BTW the majority of them is already working for Jetairfly this month and next month, and as you know the eighth aircraft is not in the fleet at this moment. I hope this is clear know.

PS. My company is hiring 100 pilots for our air hub in LGG and this for 7 to 8 "new" aircrafts. This is the same situation. We offer more flights for the needs of our customers and we are going to open new destinations in China. To do that, we need people because we work 24h/24h, 7 days/7days. Don't forget that airlines needs also standby crews.

Atlantis

Post by Atlantis »

The eighth airplane for Jetairfly is the airplane of Jet4you. Normally Jet4you received that airplane in November but due to lack of capacity during the summer Jetairfly will using that airplane. Jetairfly can receive that airplane earlier. After the summer that airplane will go back to Paris.

At this time 70 of the 100 new crewmembers are working now for Jetairfly. Jetair had the intention to use them also for Jet4you.

Old Nickname - VG

Post by Old Nickname - VG »

Good And Not Good News lol

why for jet4you again :x

Cadedrish

Post by Cadedrish »

the "new"one will be OO-TUM

ex corsair F-GFUH

greetz

burner737

Post by burner737 »

Isn't that the 3rd 737 leaving the fleet this year ?

Regards Tim

Dude320

Post by Dude320 »

Well... F-GFUH is according to me the 1st 737 for Jet4you and not a new
one for TUB, because it is Cn registred.

letscruise

Re: Eighth aircraft for Jetairfly and 100 new jobs

Post by letscruise »

Atlantis wrote: That's why they decided to add an eighth (Boeing 737-400) aircraft to the fleet. This means also that they will hire 100 new pilots and flight attendants.

Source: Travel Magazine newsletter
Mr Atlantis, Is 1 737 good for 100 extra crew members??
I don't think so

Atlantis

Post by Atlantis »

Don't shoot the messenger, as you can see the source was Travel Magazine Newsletter. It was also on Kanaal Z.

If you can give an other figure, be my guest. It's easy to give critics and no more info. So modify your own post.

BTW I glad that a Belgian airline is hiring again a lot of employees, TNT was the first this year. And if they are going to fly with Jetairfly or Jet4you, important is they create jobs. That's more important then discussing the fact if 100 crew members are enough for 1 737-400 :!:

A320joske

Post by A320joske »

correction; TUI found some pilots so desperate that they bought a brand new BMW in the TUI showroom but will never get to drive it home, if you see what I mean...

This is not job creation; this is just short term, non-visionary, scrapulous business in its worst form.

BTW TNT is the one really recruiting.

Cadedrish

Post by Cadedrish »

Please allow me to explain "my" personal situation here.

Out of 87 (eighty seven) applications all over europe TUB was the only one to give me a possitive return.

Since I'm turning 36 this year, as a an ab-inito pilot, it was now or never to find a pilot job.

TUB gives me a contract for one year (should give me +/- 900 hrs on type), enough to try somewhere else should the contract be ended.
(last years candidates all got to stay permanent btw)

typerating costs can be deducted from tax AND if I count up all the costs I made for my CPL/IR/ME INCLUDED typerating 737, it ends very very close to the costs for a frozen ATPL in most FTO's (whithout TR)

SFA (around 85.000€) KLS (105.000€)

Again, this is for my personal situation and since I'm not interested in driving a BMW (a small VW will do) for me TUB was a gift out of heaven.

Kind regards,

BTW the new-one might then be ex F-GFUG

OO-TUC

Post by OO-TUC »

Hmmm a 737 again...wouldn't it be better that Jetairfly buy a 2nd widebody aircraft like the B767 or A330? It can replace the OO-TUC when it has got some problems again....

Avro

Post by Avro »

OO-TUC wrote:Hmmm a 737 again...wouldn't it be better that Jetairfly buy a 2nd widebody aircraft like the B767 or A330? It can replace the OO-TUC when it has got some problems again....
They "buy" the plane which fits better their capacity needs ;)

A320joske

Post by A320joske »

I get your point of view! Check out the website of Jetlink; that's for when you're even more desperate - 2 BMW's there (66thousands for 30hrs of Airbus sim and 500hrs line without pay & expenses... 8O

Maybe I'll join you when I get completely desperate too :lol: In a few months we're gonna believe TUI is the mother Marry!!

Anyway, don't take it too personal - it's just my view on things, mutual respect is far gone these days man!
I wish you good luck and about the BMW - I just hate to state those numbers with 4 0's in it...