KLM to buy new aircraft?

Join this forum to discuss the latest news that happened in the world of commercial aviation.

Moderator: Latest news team

flyaway

KLM to buy new aircraft?

Post by flyaway »

Does anyone know if KLM bought already new aircrafts and which type?
They are really doing well since they got together with AirFrance... :D

Title changed by admin

ryanCX

Post by ryanCX »

That's not what I heard!!!
I heard they were facing a lot of problems and angry FFs following the merging of their FFPs too.

Avro

Re: KLM will buy new aircrafts

Post by Avro »

flyaway wrote:Does anyone knows if KLM bought already new aircrafts and witch type?

No planes have been purchased so far. But there are rumours saying that they might place an order of B737NG's to replace the older classic ones. That's all. No fleet expansion or major change foreseen for the moment.

Chris

flyaway

Post by flyaway »

Anyway, they are looking for crew because that...

chunk

Post by chunk »

ryanCX wrote:That's not what I heard!!!
I heard they were facing a lot of problems and angry FFs following the merging of their FFPs too.
Yeah that's right that's why they are making profits when others are not....

I am a flying blue platinum card holder and while not as generous as Flying Dutchman was it is still one of the best programs out there. They have started to introduce the web awards again now which is great for using half the points to get to wherever. The Flying Blue emial I got today also states that KLM are starting to serve beer and wine on all Euro flights again in Economy - however much you have paid.

So yes - they are doing really crap. And other than the new 777's, brand new 330's and projected 73G's we keep hearing about (though I wish they went A320 for this) they aren;t planning any new planes either!

Sorry for the sarcasm but.....

sn26567

Post by sn26567 »

chunk wrote:KLM are starting to serve beer and wine on all Euro flights again in Economy - however much you have paid...
SN never stopped doing that...
André
ex Sabena #26567

Atlantis

Post by Atlantis »

@Flyaway,

Your title of this topic is very misleading. KLM doesn't buy new aircrafts.

They are phasing our the B767 and they are mostly replaced by the A330 and they have an option of more A330. The 737NG are replacing the older 737 of the current fleet. But it was decided years ago. So this is old news and no new aircrafts or type's for the next coming years.

earthman

Post by earthman »

sn26567 wrote:
chunk wrote:KLM are starting to serve beer and wine on all Euro flights again in Economy - however much you have paid...
But do they serve Belgian beer?

luchtzak

Post by luchtzak »

earthman wrote:
sn26567 wrote:
Of course: Stella Artois and Maes Pils !

Dutchyboi

Post by Dutchyboi »

luchtzak wrote:
earthman wrote:
sn26567 wrote: SN never stopped doing that...
Of course: Stella Artois and Maes Pils !
Wish they'd serve that on Qantas :cry: Miss the Belgian brew.

Cheers
Todd

Atlantis

Post by Atlantis »

KLM will add also 1 B747-400ERF cargo airplane to their fleet even as two extra B777.

For the regional routes they will add 3 extra, second hands, F100 to their fleet.

The B737, we know already that they will dome in the next coming years, are pure expansion of the fleet. They will not replace any aircraft.

The reason for this expansion is the 5% increase in pax transport they want realise in the next coming years.

source: www.luchtvaartnieuws.nl

jelger

Post by jelger »

I also thought they are looking around for available F70s as well. (or being interested in aquiring extra ones)

that's what i read somewhere recently.

regi

Post by regi »

no more word about Rekkof. I told you many times before, Rekkof won't be build.

A318

Post by A318 »

Atlantis wrote:KLM will add also 1 B747-400ERF cargo airplane to their fleet even as two extra B777.

For the regional routes they will add 3 extra, second hands, F100 to their fleet.

The B737, we know already that they will dome in the next coming years, are pure expansion of the fleet. They will not replace any aircraft.

The reason for this expansion is the 5% increase in pax transport they want realise in the next coming years.

source: www.luchtvaartnieuws.nl
You are providing correct information Atlantis.
First F100 is scheduled to enter the fleet this month but we do think it will be posponed to January due to maintenance and paper work.

The 737NG will partly be for expansion but also to replace older 733 aircraft.

KLM is doing very good together with AF, however there are still processes that need to be lined up between the two carriers.
Negative info is mostly caused by the big employee reduction between 2003 and 2005. This reduction ment 5000 people lost their job with KLM.

Business is doing good and (ex) employees are hired again.
Average load factor on all KLM flights (EU flights and international) is around 85-87%.
Figures are better then ever and the KL-AF netto profit from the first 6 months of this year was 829 million euros, not bad at all in my opinion ;)

Greetz,

Erwin
A Whole Different Animal

Atlantis

Post by Atlantis »

thanks for the nice comment A318, I do my best. :wink:

HorsePower

Post by HorsePower »

Hi there,

As it has been said:
- 1 747-400ER F
- a new order for B737NG expected in 2006
- 4 F100 (ex-pelita)
HorsePower wrote:According to CH-Aviation's aircraft lists, KLM is going to add a fourth ex-Pelita F100. Currently, the aircraft (c/n 11445) is parked at Dinard, along the 3 other future KLM Cityhopper F100s (c/n 11444, 11475 and 11477). This aircraft is most probably leased from Debis AirFinance (now AerCap) as are the three others. Also PH-LMV (c/n 11301) returned to Debis AirFinance lessor and is now stored at Woensdrech.
- Also, 6 more B777-200ERs will be added to the fleet (from ILFC)
- 2 Airbus A330-200s leased from ILFC will be delivered in February and March 2007

I believe an joint order for regional jet will be commited in 2006.

Regards

Seb.

HorsePower

Post by HorsePower »

HorsePower wrote:According to CH-Aviation's aircraft lists, KLM is going to add a fourth ex-Pelita F100. Currently, the aircraft (c/n 11445) is parked at Dinard...
It seems CH-Aviation was wrong. According to The Fokker Aircraft Page, this aircraft belongs now to Eastindo PT. and is now registered PK-RGE.

Regards

Seb.

sn26567

Post by sn26567 »

CH-Aviation also said that KLM would take over the F70s of Régional over the coming years. That would be an intra-Air France Group transfer.

To my knowledge, this information seems to be correct. The Air France group is rationalising its fleet.
André
ex Sabena #26567

Atlantis

Post by Atlantis »

At this moment it's not shore that KLM took over the whole fleet of 21 F70. It could be that it will be only 5 F50. They are made an inventory, after that they will decide what it will be. I was also saying that on an other topic.

HorsePower

Post by HorsePower »

sn26567 wrote:CH-Aviation also said that KLM would take over the F70s of Régional over the coming years. That would be an intra-Air France Group transfer.

To my knowledge, this information seems to be correct. The Air France group is rationalising its fleet.
I have serious doubt on it... At least, nothing will move before 2008 at best.

Seb.