Former DL L1011's coming back Fall 2005

Join this forum to discuss the latest news that happened in the world of commercial aviation.

Moderator: Latest news team

L1011dal

Former DL L1011's coming back Fall 2005

Post by L1011dal »

TransAtlantic Airlines, based in New York, is currently reactivating L1011's in Victorville, California for service from New York to West Africa. Check out the photos and additional information at http://www.L1011.homestead.com

It's nice to see L1011's coming back again! :D

luchtzak

Post by luchtzak »

Used to work for Sabena cleaning and had to clean those Delta L1011's, however getting old I still like these planes!

vliegtuigfreak

Post by vliegtuigfreak »

Great news! I love to see tri holers commin' back in the sky. Is Atlantic also planning to fly Europe?

Greetingzz
Sonny :wink:

yagoceron

Post by yagoceron »

I simply hate the Tristar, it is so ugly.

Just to have a different opinion :wink:

JetB

Post by JetB »

I enjoyed my flights on TWA's tristar, but how can this AC be economical these day?.

The aircraft was send to the dessert for a reason, maybe that is where it should stay !.

Andries

Post by Andries »

JetB wrote:I enjoyed my flights on TWA's tristar, but how can this AC be economical these day?.

The aircraft was send to the dessert for a reason, maybe that is where it should stay !.
As much as I want to see L-1011 flying again, I agree with you. They were sent out of the fleet because it was not economical enough. But, this does not mean you can't make profit with it. Delta probably replaced them with more fuel-efficient planes in order to make more profit. So the new airline has chances on profit, but they will be smaller than from an airline flying with more modern airliners. You also have to keep in mind that leasing of an old aircraft is much cheaper thatn leasing a new aircraft ...

Greetz,

:twisted: Andries :twisted:
Don't dream your life, live your dream !!!

L-1011

Post by L-1011 »

Wohoo!!
Howerever as they will fly US-Africa, there's not much chance we'll see them :(, but at least there will be pictures of tem on A.net :)

a very happy memeber, :wink:
TriStar

BTW: Andires I agree with you. They'll pay alomost nothing for the plane, and this will compensate for the bigger fuel cost

regi

Post by regi »

Mr. Udom of Orient Thai had some Tristars standing at U Tapao, Thailand. But they were strangely sabotaged. No news of those tristars afterwards.

chunk

Post by chunk »

I'll believe it when this actually happens - who is their right mind would fly those things at near $70 oil?? Surely they cant expect that to come down anytime soon.

Also - at the risk of upsetting people on here - there is no place in the sky for these machines nowadays. They are very inefficient and noisy and frankly should be banned from the skies - which have to put up with enough crap being thrown up into them.

I know this is :offtopic: but what are the rules that govern what is allowed to fly in Europe? Surely those NWA DC-10's have to get the hook from flying into EU airports soon?