Biman order for 4 x B777

Join this forum to discuss the latest news that happened in the world of commercial aviation.

Moderator: Latest news team

regi

Biman order for 4 x B777

Post by regi »

Look guys, don't shoot me. But somewhere somehow my BIMAN antenna picked up a message that Biman had ordered 4 x B-777 to be supplied in 2006.
If this is true, even if the numbers don't fit, even if the airplane number doesn't fit and it turns into B-767 or B-747 I don't care. Just the fact that there is a rumour around that Biman actually purchased some planes (new , old, or anything in between)
Anybody awake?

HorsePower

Post by HorsePower »

Still awake yes, aware not yet! Thanks for the new regi.

Seb.

regi

Post by regi »

you're quick Seb.

bits44

Re: Biman order for 4 x B777

Post by bits44 »

Look guys, don't shoot me. But somewhere somehow my BIMAN antenna picked up a message that Biman had ordered 4 x B-777 to be supplied in 2006.

There is an order in the bank for 5-777ER's customer or customers are unidentified. ?????

KT

regi

Post by regi »

Do you think...would it be possible, I mean, Biman, for Christ sake.
Imagine: B-777.
New ones ?
Euh...how do they do it? Where do they get the money from?
Maybe it is a trade deal with Emirates who gets too many A380 and consolidates into Airbus. Or is it something with Air Canada its canceled order, where the DC-10's came from?
Who knows, but if it turns to be true, we will see B-777 at Brussels.

regi

Post by regi »

Atlantis

Post by Atlantis »

Will the B777 replace the DC10's? If so, it's gone be time. Those a/c are 23 years old and many times they are delayed at BRU due to technical problems. Also the interior, seats and galleys, are in bad chape.

It would be nice to see a Biman Bangladesh B777 at Bru. If they get the money off course. :wink:

website-info

Post by website-info »

yep, but before they get them they will take 2 more DC10's from somewhere. apparently the first in October the second early next year,

T

regi

Post by regi »

2 more DC-10's. Biman is very stubborn. One is needed to replace the one that shove off the landing strip. The other one is probably they got for free: buy 1 get 2.

Bruspotter

Post by Bruspotter »

HI

I heard about this already two year ago too. But than never again heard of it.

But it looks that there is a real chance that they will have it this time. I wouldn't know why. Besides the D1C (how sorry I am to say it , but it is , although I REALLY like them) are really old devils. :twisted: The technicians only have more stress with it :D Already since a looong time (for who might remember the TV series of 'Luchthaven' @BRU...you could multiple times see that the BIMAN had one or another problem. (personally , as a mechanic I wouldn't Mind :D )But I can imagine , others don't .

And if they buy the 777 , it is as good as sure that they WILL come to BRU (even if BIMAN decides to reduce it's flights at BRU due to the longer range of the 777ER) , I don't think they will CANCEL their flights at BRU , because it's (until to now) the only airline wich flies to Dubai from out of BRU , don't think they are going to close that route.

So BEWARE!!! :P

But I'm not going to confirm anything.

Best regards: Yannick ;)

regi

Post by regi »

flying to Dubai out of Brussels? When I flew Biman some years ago, it stopped for an hour at New Delhi, but no Dubai.
Anyway, they don't surprise me.

BrightCedars

If they get 777's, you can kiss BRU goodbye!

Post by BrightCedars »

Come one guys, be realistic.

If Biman gets brand new 777s they'll be getting ERs or LRs and with that range they will surely cut off the Brussels stopover. The main reason they stop here is because other stations on the route are more busy/expensive.

Can anybody tell me how much O&D traffic they get between BRU and JFK or BRU and DAC for that matter? And don't give me: "they'll never drop Brussels-Dubai'; they fly that route once a week and one-way only!

Some of you will be saddened by this reality but who believes that Jet Airways will keep it's BOM-BRU-EWR routing and upgrade it to a 777 when they get delivered? Not me. They will fly nonstop BOM-NYC and all we can hope is that they would have digged out support for a BOM-BRU and decided to allocate aircraft a couple times a week on the route if they're not needed for somewhere more profitable.

Vinnie-Winnie

Post by Vinnie-Winnie »

Biman 777?????

How would they afford it???? Just had a look on their website and for one it's very poor! U can't even book a flight online!!!!! Fancied checking the prices from BRU to JFK (U never know might be really cheap :)) but no option for doing that!!!!!

So I reckon this might be a dream :)

Bruspotter

Post by Bruspotter »

Hi
flying to Dubai out of Brussels? When I flew Biman some years ago, it stopped for an hour at New Delhi, but no Dubai.
Anyway, they don't surprise me.

Wellyeah...the stop between might vary a little sometimes. That's BIMAN. And as you say , A YEAR AGO. so....
But the biac scedules also mention Destination Dubai , but only by arrivals no Departures , so it would arrive from Dhaka via Dubai , but it wouldn't leave for Dhaka via Dubai the next day. Of course it will stop in Dubai to when going TO Dubai. (or I wouldn't know why not :?:s)

But saying that BG would cut of the route...I don't know. I think they can't lose a lot , than just stopping a minute or 50 (doesn't need to be long for picking up a little pax and very maybe a little bit fuel extra ...)

In every case...lets wait and see.

Best regards: Yannick ;)

LX-LGX

Post by LX-LGX »

Yet another big delay for them:

dep 11/09 13:45 Dhaka BG 012 D1C

scheduled 13:45
delayed 17:45 (but still in Brussels at 20h30)

regi

Post by regi »

A delay of 7 hours is not considered to be a delay with Biman. Experienced Biman travellers just start to get worried when they loose weight, their beard reaches their knees and a purser announces that there is nothing to be worried about.

sn-remember

Post by sn-remember »

BrightCedars wrote:Come one guys, be realistic.

If Biman gets brand new 777s they'll be getting ERs or LRs and with that range they will surely cut off the Brussels stopover. The main reason they stop here is because other stations on the route are more busy/expensive.

Can anybody tell me how much O&D traffic they get between BRU and JFK or BRU and DAC for that matter? And don't give me: "they'll never drop Brussels-Dubai'; they fly that route once a week and one-way only!

Some of you will be saddened by this reality but who believes that Jet Airways will keep it's BOM-BRU-EWR routing and upgrade it to a 777 when they get delivered? Not me. They will fly nonstop BOM-NYC and all we can hope is that they would have digged out support for a BOM-BRU and decided to allocate aircraft a couple times a week on the route if they're not needed for somewhere more profitable.
There is some truth here but I would like to moderate somehow your views since you can't be sure what's the future holds.. although we agree that it will be according to our present actions and efforts.
1. BRU-EWR (intended Jet Airways route) has a potential.
Proof is that CO are considering a 2nd daily flight soon!
2. BRU-BOM also has definite potential
So I could well conceive an evolution like this :
- a non stop BOM-EWR coupled with another
- BOM-BRU "another-NA-desti"

But at 2nd glance I can imagine a better plan still for the Jet Airways business development in BRU : imagine them developing a traffic node here destined for the India<->NorthAmerica traffic, sensibly complemented with welcome pax/cargo addons .
Such a minimal node in my view would consist of :
- 3 N/A destis's (Let's say NewYork, Washington, Chicago ?)
- 3 Indian desti's (Let's say Bombay, Delhi, Chennai ?)
all inter linked in BRU in a given time frame.
(Of course the destination's choice is just for our exemple's sake)
Here capacity is welcome since you combine 3 traffic flows (plus the local one) in one a/C. See the power of it ? Therefore the T7 or better still the Jumbo would certainly be plainly justified imvho ...
Or tell me guys am I dreaming again ?? :)

Concerning the Biman topic, of course like you, I was surprised with the news !
But I read somewhere that the SriLankan flag carrier is also considering a massive investment for its fleet renewal (T7 also if I remember well !) wonder where they find the cash though !!

Greetz
Christophe

LX-LGX

Post by LX-LGX »

Business as usual for Biman tomorrow (Tuesday):

dep 13/09 09:30 New York BG011 D1C cancelled

( says www.biac.be/departures )
Last edited by LX-LGX on 13 Sep 2005, 02:07, edited 1 time in total.

regi

Post by regi »

These Biman guys are very stubborn. Can somebody make it clear to them that they don't fit anymore in todays aviation world - I think they never did btw.