Wizz Air to order Airbus A320!

Join this forum to discuss the latest news that happened in the world of commercial aviation.

Moderator: Latest news team

earthman

Post by earthman »

Ozzie1969 wrote:
earthman wrote:Oh please let them fly to some Dutch airport from WAW, Rotterdam or AMS. Would fill in the gap left by Sky Europe (although I wonder how much of a gap it is, those planes were not very full).
What gap is that, earthman?
Sky Europe stopped flying WAW-AMS, so there is currently no LCC flying between WAW and Holland. The only sensible route is to fly from Krakow to AMS, but that flight leaves at 6:30a.m., so one would probably need to spend the night in Krakow. The other option is to fly WizzAir from WAW to CRL or Cologne (or Dortmund, from December). The last option is probably to fly through STN but when one of your flights gets cancelled you could either be stuck at STN or lose your 'connecting' flight, I would not do it.

On the two occasions I flew the AMS-WAW route with SkyEurope, the plane was not very full, and they also cut back their initial daily flights to three times a week, so I'm just not so sure how popular that route is. (In spite of busloads of people going back and forth, and both KLM and LOT flying three daily flights each.)

frenkypilot

Post by frenkypilot »

frenkypilot wrote:SO anybody knows if and when they will start hiring? I am A320 rated with about 160 hours on type....not that much, i know, but maybe i could be eligible?...
byeeee
Nobody knows then?? :)
bye

Dude320

Post by Dude320 »

frenkypilot wrote:
SO anybody knows if and when they will start hiring? I am A320 rated with about 160 hours on type....not that much, i know, but maybe i could be eligible?...
byeeee

If I were i would just check out their website. :idea: :idea:

Their are plenty of F/O and Cpt also direct entries available on their site... :wink: :wink: :lol:

Good luck,

Dude320

Post by Dude320 »

TBSC , do you still have some other secrets ??

Nice to know ;)

MA110

Post by MA110 »

We, here in Hungary, just smile on each airline:)

The_Dutchman

Post by The_Dutchman »

TBSC wrote: You don't have to wait too much for some AMS flights. (But it is still a secret. :) )
Interesting :) although it is a secret :), could you tell when an announcement will be made, will it be like weeks, or months or not earlier than the introduction of the 2006 summer schedule?

Thanks!!

Humberside

Post by Humberside »

AMS - So far Wizz have kept to smaller airports like CRL and HHN apart from in their home countries. Then again Holland doesnt have any airports like that near to AMS that dont have slot restrictions

The_Dutchman

Post by The_Dutchman »

TBSC wrote:Wizz Air announced today that it would commence flights on Amsterdam Katowice (3x weekly) and Amsterdam-Budapest (4x weekly) routes. The flights will start from 1st November and 1st December respectively.
http://wizzair.com/cgi-bin/news.cgi?LAN ... h#OhX4mupL
hmm...I was really hoping for ams-waw :( :) but more competition on the ams-krk/ktw is of course certainly a good thing.... !
TBSC.. since you work at wizzair, any chance for a warsaw-amsterdam service soon :)... or is it too crowded there already with LOT and KLM....?