Remember I asked: And the Skandinavians?

Join this forum to discuss the latest news that happened in the world of commercial aviation.

Moderator: Latest news team

SN30952

Remember I asked: And the Skandinavians?

Post by SN30952 »

Struggling Scandinavian airline SAS announced plans to move 200 jobs to India
As part of a large-scale, cost-cutting exercise, troubled Scandinavian Airlines System (SAS) will transfer its ticketing and accounts operation to India from Denmark. The move is expected to result in the loss of around 200 jobs.
Danish Airport Ground Staff Union (LFF) leader Nicolas Fischer :mrgreen: said that he had reluctantly been forced to accept the move.
"We very much regret that SAS decided to switch these jobs to India, but it is obvious that Danish staff cannot compete with the low-salaried Indians as regards pay," Fischer :mrgreen: told national news agency Ritzau.
Fischer :mrgreen: said he would demand that SAS ensure that staff employed on ticketing and accounts operations in India would be guaranteed decent working conditions.
"We demand that SAS, which is half-owned by the states of Sweden, Denmark and Norway, respects international conventions on human rights and work regulations,"
Fischer :mrgreen: said.
Other leading international airlines, notably British Airways, have transferred their accounting activities to India.
SAS, which announced a record loss for the first six months of 2003, is currently involved in a major cost cutting and savings operation to ensure its survival.

Now jobless ex-SAS-staff will pay taxes to pay the cheaper Indian staff. Skandinavian politics are even worse than Belgian!! SEE MY BOTTOMLINE :mrgreen: :jump2: :mrgreen:

DannyVDB

Post by DannyVDB »

Hi,

Does anyone know what the financial results are for the major airlines like KLM, AF, LH, BA, ... for the first 6 months of 2003? Where to find these figures?

regards,
Danny

SN30952

the financial results

Post by SN30952 »

DannyVDB wrote:Hi, Does anyone know what the financial results are for the major airlines like KLM, AF, LH, BA, ... for the first 6 months of 2003? Where to find these figures?regards,Danny
Look for Q1, Q2, q3.... results
You can check
a- their corporate websites
b- financial websites as Bloomberg, Reuters etc
c- keep watching here in this website as I posted few minutes ago a website called BTS
brgds,

DannyVDB

Post by DannyVDB »

Fons,

Thanks for the info ...

:wink:

Danny